It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

painting of the last supper, the real secret behind this painting of Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If anyone wants some new info on this subject go to:

tinwiki.org and search "Last Supper Secret"

then tell me what you think

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have found that in historical times Matthew was always associated with the image of a man. The only full man in the zodiac is aquarius the water bearer. Mark was always associated with the image of a Lion or Leo. Luke was always associated with that of a winged ox or Taurus. And John was always associated with an eagle, which I am sure threw a lot of people off since today none of the zodiac animals are seen as an eagle. Scorpio is often thought as an eagle, but that is only by those who do not count Ophiuchus in the Zodiac. Ophiuchus really means snake bearer, and used to be an eagle rather than a man. Scorpio is also sometimes seen as a snake, the one ophiuchus holds. In the 12 sign zodiac the four fixed signs in the circle are leo, Aquarius, taurus, and Scorpio, but if you include Ophiuchus in the zodiac circle it takes the place of Scorpio in some ways. So 4 new "fixed" signs of the zodiac correspond with those four apostles. I have found a lot more stuff, but I have to sort it all through and find the clues that are in the painting. I can't seem to make some connections between some of this info and Leonardo Da Vinci's painting, but I know there has to be some sort of connections. Does anyone know what his purpose in painting this could have been? I don't understand what he was trying to tell and to whom he was trying to tell it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It seems that Thomas, the "twin," would be a natural fit for Gemini. There doesn't seem to be much agreement on the other signs; this page dubiously identifies James, son of Alphaeus with Taurus.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
[Hi Brendan what a great thread flag and stared. It looks like Da Vinci had a thing for fingers pointing up to the sky.
for some reason i cant get the links up will try put up the pictures later

[edit on 12/11/08 by iammonkey]

its getting late so i will give the names of two painting
1. adoration of the magi
you will have to enlarge look at the guy at the right hand side of the tree (as you view it)
2. st john the baptist

[edit on 12/11/08 by iammonkey]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

hey brandon
all im gonna say to you is swap jesus and mary around so that mary is facing jesus (jesus where mary is and mary where jesus is.

the key then turns

son of john

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

Hi/
Based on the Da vinci Code!
Teabing was laughing..... “Surprise, surprise. Believe me, it’s no mistake. Leonardo was skilled at painting the difference between the sexes.”
continues...Sophie could not take her eyes from the woman beside Christ. The Last Supper is supposed to be thirteen men.
Who is this woman?
Although Sophie had seen this classic image many times, she had not once no­ticed this glaring discrepancy.

“Everyone misses it,” Teabing said.
“Our preconceived notions of this scene are so powerful that our mind blocks out the incongruity and overrides our eyes.”

A straight answer!!!
''If this were true, that the person beside Christ was a woman,
then what happened to one of the Apostles (St John the Theologian- see below)???
At the Last Supper there were indeed twelve Apostles present, including Judas.
Christ announced to the group that one of them would betray Him, and as a result they were shocked,
hence the scene in The Last Supper showing the disciples leaning towards each other in small groups discussing the revelation.
If Da Vinci wanted to include Mary Magdalene in the picture,
he would have painted fourteen people,
not thirteen.
This is a significant oversight by Teabing...You gota love (NOT)Hollywood!

More like the ''SECRET BEHIND hollywood!

ICXN NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Hi Bran/

what is it you are trying to say?
please, enlighten some of us with your supposed humour?

ICXC NIKA
helen

Mod Edit: Removed off topic quote.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have no idea if this has been mentioned before but it was the first thing i noticed when i first looked at "the last supper"

Obviously DaVinci was a master in painting the human anatomy so why is it then that Jesus's left ring finger is shaped the way it is?

No painter, especially a master like DaVinci, would depict a humans finger in such a unnatural position unless it has a meaning aswell...

I mean, come on, his left ringfinger appears to be broken or something for it to bend in such an unnatural way.

Good luck with explaining that one....

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh and on the topic of hands and fingers......

Why does a masterpainter like Leonardo leave out a couple of fingers??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4cf18731f905c224.bmp[/atsimg]

This guy seems to have only four fingers on each hand??

Well that or the this mans right pinky has gone necrosis on him 'cause thats not a healty colour!!!

What a fun game this is !!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thought i just add the picture of the hand to make it more clear that such a mistake would not have been made by an artist who is so aware of human anatomy.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c4991ab7d9560c9d.bmp[/atsimg]

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hi/

You do know that this is art?
It is art from the 15th century?
You do know that?

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Christ is the middle pillar. With the open door to heaven. And God and spirit are tied as they dine in earthly fashion among archetectual resonances of the minds visionary state. Exampling that despite all arguments, we can still have peace together.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Sorry, you have not posted the secret of Jesus, and I do not understand what you are tryting to prove.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi/

Hi/

You do know that this is art?

Leonardo DaVinci art?? You are kidding me right??

It is art from the 15th century?

I've seen pictures of this Leonardo dude, he doesn't look 500 years old!!

You do know that?

I had no idea but thanks so much for teaching me this!!!

helen

Listen Helen,
We are talking about the man who stood above all other artists of his time. He was the man who made the vitruvius man and made numerous detailed anatomy studies among other things. If anybody, he should know how to paint in perspective and with accurate detail.
I know what you are saying about 15th century art but the way he painted the hands of Jesus does not seem right.

How could he have painted the right hand like this when perspective isn't even an issue here.

But thanks again for the wise lesson in 15 century art.....

No really, i mean it....

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hi operation mind/

Art in the WESTERN world was just that!
Art!
In the eastern Orthodox World, it was not around, and therefore Jesus Christ was painted in a more heavenly manner.
Look up art in Eastern Orthodox and Western Roman Cathoilc...BIG difference!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Holy Sh*t Helen,

Did it take you a month to come up with this reply or were you on holiday??
Because now i have to re-read the thread to know what my point was..

Listen, i won't question your knowledge of ancient art because my knowledge on this subject is close to nothing but.....

Do you mean to tell me Leonardo DaVinci was a eastern Orthodox painter?? really?? i didn't know this.....

...during the Milan period their [Leonardo's artistic philosophies] apogee was reached with the painting of The Last Supper, commissioned by Ludovico and the Dominican friars for the refectory wall of the Church of Santa Maria della Grazie.
The painting's instant is one of the most momentous in Christian scripture. As quietly as they may have been spoken, the prophetic words, "Verily I say unto you that one of you shall betray me" have just exploded on the apostles like a sudden clap of thunder. The dramatic intensity of this moment tells more than many feet of motion picture film ever could. Each of the men at the table reveals himself in an instantaneous psychological portrait that seems to betray his thoughts and even those thoughts that will come later. Though they share the response of surprise, each responds to his own surprise in a way that is his alone. As Leonardo wrote, "That figure is most praiseworthy which, by its actions, expresses the passions of the soul." We know every one of these individuals though we have never seen any of them before. No matter how vast and repeated a reading of scripture has preceded the seeing of this great painting, every apostle will henceforth live in the viewer's senses in a way previously unimagined. Is it any wonder that Kenneth Clark calls The Last Supper "the keystone of European art"?

So we can all agree then that this is an eastern Orthodox painting??

anybody?? Nobody?? Well i guess you are right.....

I stand corrected and thank you for the explanation regarding the weird finger of Jesus in this painting...eastern Orthodox art, go figure!!!

I wouldn't have know.....

Thank you again...

Peace

[edit on 23/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Ohh come on!!!

You are not gonna make me wait another month for a reply are you??

.....................................................................sigh.

You are, arn't you??

Oh well, see you next month.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join