It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 totally debunked!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
[edit on 13-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow this is awesome, So this means we can sue all the scientists, theologians, writers and even the History channel, and the Discovery Channel for false information. Must have been simply for the commercial time and book sales, cause surely they are all wrong. I cannot wait. Let the checks roll into the bank..

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No scientists are predicting the end of the world, or any spooky strangeness, in 2012. Or any other year for that matter.

Get a grip!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

No scientists are predicting the end of the world, or any spooky strangeness, in 2012. Or any other year for that matter.

Get a grip!

exactly!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

Get a grip!
For anyone to say they know anything for sure about the future needs to get a grip. But to ignorantly close your eyes to things that are of interest or concern leaves you without education. Good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I will bet you personally $100 cash that nothing happens in December 2012.

You don't have to be a psychic to see a hoax.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

and how would you suggest we hold this bet? three years is a long time to stay in contact to a stranger.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

PM me and I'll give you my email address, but only if you agree to it publicly first.

I could use a free $100. Even in 3 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

PM me and I'll give you my email address, but only if you agree to it publicly first.

Ok you are on. $100.00 it is. this will be interesting. of course in the currency of the winners choice.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You are saying something will happen in 2012 without any evidence at all.

I'm saying there is no evidence for anything happening in 2012, so it makes as much sense to be somehow concerned about then, but not about one minute from now. Either live in fear PERPETUALLY, or don't at all. You can't have it both ways, unless you are being irrational. In which case go for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

The Mayan Calander link

www.alignment2012.com...

Doesn't really have any disputing facts against 2012 or the calander. The Link only confirms the date is accurate, the calander was created 2,000 years ago, and suggests a new calander would need to be made when the winter solstice comes.

The Link does not discredit 2012 as being a major date of some kind of occurance, which is a possibility, because no one knows the future.

The Link overall does not show any credit of something occuring or not occuring.

The Mayan Calander has a specific date for a specific reason, the reason however remains unknown, and therefor the calander can not be debunked.

As for the other links, all the debunking info pretty much stays the same.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Ok you are on. $100.00 it is. this will be interesting. of course in the currency of the winners choice.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

sweet!

I'll PM my email to you now.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

PM Sent... respond so I know you got it!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

It's as possible as tomorrow being of such a significance. To assume that to be the case would be catastrophic for humanity, as we'd all start crying and drinking heavily.

When the old Mayan calendar ended, a new one was started. Just like we do with our calendars.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am going to type a long response which is essence says that I have not yet receive a response via PM from our believer LDB.

Please respond LDB, I've already spent the money of a gold-plated 2013 calendar.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seethelight]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I am going to type a long response which is essence says that I have not yet receive a response via PM from our believer LDB.

Please respond LDB, I've already spent the money of a gold-plated 2013 calendar.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seethelight]
Received, I had to go to the gym and work of some fat so the aliens in 2012 don't pick me first. Cheers

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Yeah, the possibility of a new calander being needed could be a possibility.

Although it would make me wonder if the Mayans needed a new calander by then how come they just vanished?

I would think they would of stuck around until they needed a new calander and just make another one when the time came.

There is more to the 2012 date I feel, but thats just me.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

They didn't just vanish. The Maya people are alive and well in Mexico. Why does everyone think they disappeared? From the Maya wikipedia article:

The Maya peoples never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores and the subsequent Spanish colonization of the Americas. Today, the Maya and their descendants form sizeable populations throughout the Maya area and maintain a distinctive set of traditions and beliefs that are the result of the merger of pre-Columbian and post-Conquest ideas and cultures. Many Mayan languages continue to be spoken as primary languages today; the Rabinal Achí, a play written in the Achi' language, was declared a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2005.

This isn't directed at you, but to the believer community: I don't understand how people can be so far entrenched in the 2012 'prophecy', especially coming from the Mayan angle, and yet still think the Maya died out.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I do like the numbers 12,21 2112.they do remind me of 33

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Every time I hear something talked about on these boards, and how the globe will be waiting with bated breath, I just shake my head confused

I absolutely agree with this. So many threads attempting to debunk 2012 here and everywhere else. I have yet to come across anyone in "real" life (not on-line) who has even heard of this 2012 stuff. Even if they have seen the movie, they think it was just a hollywood created story.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join