It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 totally debunked!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Raud
Doens't have to be the "other" guy. Compared to what the frist guy has done, it makes sense...

AH but you see... I have a theory that we are indeed following the wrong guy.

This theory is much like the Gnostic teachings of which I am indeed agreeing with as a much more accurate viewpoint than the "regular" one.

I was not kidding, so I guess we are speaking, at moments, the same language.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
I appreciate your post.

One thing, "it only matters from the perspective of earth", all earthly calendars only apply to earth.
[edit on 3-11-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

Yes but they are saying because of the alignment such and such magnetic this or such and such gravitational that, its all claptrap, its not going to cause forces to act in a peculiar way. The exact same thing happens every year, on the same day, we will just have another view of it (which we do every year too)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
just watched the new trailer for the new hollywood movie "2012" which ends with "google search 2012" I almost lost my lunch.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Heh I remember the end of that trailer, then I thought "Oh crap...ATS is probably going to be flooded with topics about 2012 (Not to say the topic hasn't been brought up a lot before ) Just that it feels because of the movie the date is going to get quite a lot of hype...Again.

Also (In general and not specifically replying just to you Amenti - can we really debunk that which has not even happened yet? Granted I think nothing out of the ordinary won't happen or perhaps some of the things that are talked about on 2012 may not happen at all, but something may very well just happen.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LokMessier
reply to post by Amenti

Heh I remember the end of that trailer, then I thought "Oh crap...ATS is probably going to be flooded with topics about 2012 (Not to say the topic hasn't been brought up a lot before ) Just that it feels because of the movie the date is going to get quite a lot of hype...Again.

Also (In general and not specifically replying just to you Amenti - can we really debunk that which has not even happened yet? Granted I think nothing out of the ordinary won't happen or perhaps some of the things that are talked about on 2012 may not happen at all, but something may very well just happen.

I guess I could have said: debunking the idea that precession will have a physical effect on anything, as well as debunking the earth crossing the galactic plane dec 21 2012, which happened 3 million years ago and wont happen for another 30 million, or debunking sitchins theories of the existence of planet x which are the basis for this whole thing..and MORE.

but that was too big of a title for a thread here at ATS

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
actually the mayan calendar ends because we no longer use the concept of time. The age of Aquarius marks the activation of the light in your pineal gland and the release of melatonin which offsets your circadean rhythm to no longer be affected by the flow of time. Jesus knew this, he said the second coming will be random because he was not a mathemetician, he was a prophet. The bible and maya go hand in hand. I admit that a lot of what is said about 2012 is hard to stomache, but you have been given the truth, so it really is your own fault if you choose to ignore it and wake up too late. It is about healing your DNA in preparation for a time where the sun and photon energy (the holy spirit) will be too strong for the deniers to survive. And you really have not debunked a thing...I believe you should stop having so much faith in (y)our cesarian/pope gregory calendar and realize that the mayan calendar is much more accurate. And maybe you should also try to debunk the 13th Baktun (the age we are currently in) and The Age of Aquarius, The Photon Belt, The Pineal Gland/Third Eye, Sodium Fluoride in your tap water, and Cannabis Annointing Oil used by Jesus aka The tree of Knowledge of Good And Evil. Wars will be fought, men will die, and then the Earth will wake up and eat you alive. Alzeihmers and Dementia are a plague upon us.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The bible was written by man. The Aztec and Mayan texts were written by man. Neither is perfect, in any shape or form.

I submit..yours and others debunking is also..imperfect.

But since the ancient Aztec and Mayans were around for thousands of years prior to our tiny exsistance in time..I will still take their word over anyone elses in regard to their calander and timelines.

Entertaining video tho.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
AND THEN THE MAYAN CALENDER STOPPED..... When was it supposed to stop? Maybe when the town weirdo who decided it was important to write an infinite calender died the rest of them realized they didn't have to worry about for a while, or two thousand years, or whatever.. These are people who lived in the woods with nothing to do... Take away our internet, television, mass travel, so on and so on and watch the crazy calender we can make.. This is ridiculous, they were bored why doesn't anyone get it....

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Entertaining video tho.

Cheers!!!!
\

Thanks a lot

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I really liked this video, and thought the author... or director rather... made some excellent points. However, I feel the video's ending, which the director himself warns us about, is problematic and almost ruins the video. He simply goes from one scientifically unsupported belief system to the next. He says 100% of all biblical prophecies have come true. REALLY.

What a claim to make. If anyone has ANY link to any information that supports this wild claim, please let me know about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Not bad , I have an open mind I check out all sides of the tesseract
, I'm not entirely sold on the 2012 thing , but I keep an open mind. Lets just say I wont be hiding under my bed.
I do know in 2012 the sun will start an increase activity period again and Venus will be traveling in front of the sun .
Let us say 2012 come and goes and nothing happens , I'm pretty sure the next date for doom and gloom will be 2021 , than we start the dance all over again .
However I still can't help but feel there is something very profound going on in the world , something which is testing Humankind and for better or worse, a period in our history which will determine the direction our spices will go.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
2012 Debunked! Based on what? 2012 is an astrological/astronomical alignment of stellar configurations that have been part and parcel to an ancient method of keeping time in terms of long sequence eras on Earth. One can only claim ignorance of the geological record and the cycles of civilization both ancient and present time in attempting to debunk what is galactic fact. Like the seasons of each year that we experience on Earth, the Solar Seasons, and Galactic Seasons on a much longer scale have significant power over conditions of life on Earth. This is recorded not only in the Ancient Scriptures, and so called Myths, but most definitively in the obvious Geological record that one can see for them selves just by taking a "Road trip" cross country.

2012 Debunked!

Give me a break! What is this the Dark Ages and the Earth is Flat and Center of the Universe?

Get a life would ya!

-chris

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Great video, accept for the end.
I am atheist so its impossible for me to believe that all the "bad" things that happen are from prophecy.

Thanks for sharing though, really shows people that something can come from nothing, as humans, thats pretty much what we do !

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
FYI

If you do an in depth study of all the world's scriptures you will find that the real scriptures are actually and factually a history of ancient times and civilizations - mostly extra-terrestrial colonies and such.

The Christian New Testament is an obvious fabrication if you understand how it was originated, who originated it, where it came from, and what it's editorial purpose was/is.

Not so of the OT, not so of the Vedas, not so of the Qur'an. These all all history texts..... the the NT is a prevaricated myth. There is a huge difference in these texts.

But it takes serious conscientious and responsible study to sort out what is what in this regard.

With out this educated background well anything goes, anything can be anything, and in essence this is what superstition is all about.

I guarantee that if you do a serious comprehensive study of these materials and how they were originated you will see exactly what I am saying here.

But until you do that..... well it can be anything you imagine or speculate it to be.

-chris

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There seem to be multiple sources for the notion that the world is going to end in 2012. I even saw one who said that Nostradamus specifically predicted it, yet haven't found any Nostradamus-believers or writings of his that mention 2012 as the actual date. If anyone can provide accurate and verified documentation for that I would like to know.

Over and over again, however, the main source cited seems to be the Mayan calender. Without going into excruciating detail, the Mayan calender is based upon astronomical cycles of differing lengths, and everything converges in 2012 with nothing described beyond that. Doesn't mean the world ends. Only means there are no events beyond 2012 that are known to us from the Mayan predictions.

It is a fact that during the Spanish conquest a huge number of the Mayan codices that were found were destroyed by the Catholic church, being considered the "writings of Satan", and only a pitiful few remain to us today.

Perhaps the Inquisition destroyed Mayan knowledge (?) of what lay beyond 2012? Rather than being the End Of The World they may have foreseen a transformation into something better that we can never know about until it happens.

Maybe peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars, an age of harmony and understanding, sympathy and trust abounding, no more falsehoods or derisions, golden living dreams of visions, mystic crystal revelations, and the mind's true liberation.

Sorry...back now. A warp in the "fifth dimension" momentarily transported me back to 1969. What was I saying? Oh yeah. My point is that I wouldn't place much credence in a 2012 Doomsday if you're primarily relying on the Mayan calender.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RR98

Does nobody seem to notice that the Mayan calender misses millenia of human history before it started? I dare say it also misses a whole lot of millenia that comes after.

Its not a accurate calender for human history, other their own experience within their timeline.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

I know that this is an old thread but I must throw this in if for nothing else but to cap it off the book that this man is refering ot states plainly " no man know the time or day that the father has appointed but it will come like a thief in the night" does anyone need anything else put in to context? I think that says it all

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

the writers probably got tired of craving in stone and went to get something else to drink

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is the greatest thread that ATS has seen in quite some time. Great job to you sir!

It's complete with links for each silly claim. I hope this thread stays up for a while and that the doom and gloomers read it and view all of it. Personally, I think the doom and gloomers only read and view pro 2012 articles. How can anyone gain an objective, rational view when all you do is absorb the same garbage ove and over?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Good to see one more person has accepted the boring reality.

Maybe next time you'll look a little longer before you leap.

Good post.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by seethelight]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join