It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. border agents detain Mexican troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

U.S. border agents detain Mexican troops

edition.cnn.com

CBP agents told the Mexican troops they were inside the United States and "peaceably" took them into custody, the statement said. "At no time were any hostilities exchanged between the agents and military officials." Watch how Mexican troops found their way in the United States »

The Hummer was equipped with a turret-mounted machine gun, the Border Patrol told CNN.

According to the CBP, the soldiers were assigned to the 23rd Regiment Motorized Cavalry of the Mexican Army. The soldiers said they believed they were still in Mexico because they remained on the south side of a newly constructed border fence.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I suppose practice makes perfect dose it not. With many mexicans believing that their land was stolen from them by the US perhaps these soldiers really did think they were in Mexico.

With up to date GPS there is now way they could not have realised the were in the US. But this could be just the start of Mexico taking back the lands that the US stole from them or perhaps its all part of the NAU. Time will tell of course.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Im not so sure that this is the beginning of mexico going to war and taking back land from America (although in this day and age its not impossible) its more than likely an honest mistake from the mexicans.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
But this could be just the start of Mexico taking back the lands that the US stole from them or perhaps its all part of the NAU. Time will tell of course.

Ahahahahaha.

You must be crazy...

You honestly come up with that from reading this?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This happens all the time, mostly the other way around though. I did enjoy the word peaceably, it sounds fairly brutal

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, this is certainly a step up, even if it be just a mistake on the Mexicans' part. It's nice to know they aren't all as insane in previous incidents like with the fire on sight they've been doing with our Border Patrol agents. I would hope the B.P. might have taken some initiative and get some information from those guys about what they knew on the drug smuggling and whatever else. I really hope for some sort of longterm solution soon.

spec_ops_wannabe

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by magicmushroom
But this could be just the start of Mexico taking back the lands that the US stole from them or perhaps its all part of the NAU. Time will tell of course.

Ahahahahaha.

You must be crazy...

You honestly come up with that from reading this?
I would like to suggest that you read of the Mexican American War, before stating to a knowledgeable person,"You must be crazy". The war was initiated by U.S. troops crossing the Nueces River, (which was the undisputed boarder between The Republic of Texas and Mexico, prior to annexation of Texas) and firing on a Mexican military patrol. Hitler would have been proud of the ultimate outcome.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

No he wouldn't, because unlike Hitler we compensate by buying those lands. Hitler would never pay even a fake dime to buy the lands. Not to mention we didn't conquer all of Mexico, where Hitler would.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Magic, your grasp of history continues to baffle and astound me.

The US didn't steal Texas from Mexico.

Texas was an independent Republic, which fought and earned its independence from Mexico.

Then this independent Republic later joined the United States.

Man, for God's sake. Crack a book now and then!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You're talking to a group of people who get most of their "history" and "facts" from the likes of Alex Jones, Jeff Rense and DailyKos. Those guys are destroying whole generations of people with their rhetoric.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

new topics

top topics

join