It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Law Says US Citizens Have to Pay Taxes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Don't be ashamed if you don't know... The IRS doesn't seem to know either.

xgen.vitalstream.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This site claims we dont have to pay income taxes:

www.solgroup.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We went over this here in Arkansas a man refused to pay his taxes based on the fact that there is no law that says we have to, his lawyer told the judge to show him the statute he was being charged under and the judge REFUSED.

How can you be convicted under a law that does not exist?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think its the "we've got big guns and will lock you away if you won't pay" law.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A constitutionalist friend in the next town enjoys helping patriots get out of the system. He finds great pleasure in going down to the IRS office with them and have the new patriot ask the agent to show the statute and implementing regulation that demands that a citizen pay income tax. It flusters the Hell out of the little agents!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why does the IRS simply not add the language to the code?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So TC is there REALLY no law?

I know the judge here just locked the guy up and basicaly said THERES YOR LAW BUDDY, but NEVER showed the statute.

Again how can you be jailed for a law that does not exist?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To my best recollection, State taxes we have to pay, Federal why technically shouldn't. The Law is something like, .......under the state that governs them, since Washington D.C. is not a state, the should not have any governing control over taxes.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
isnt there a amendment about income tax? or is that just me

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Most people that have fought this have ended up in prison. It's actually kind of amusing.

As far as I have seen there is no law that compels you to pay Federal income tax.
There are plenty of laws about what happens when you "Fail to pay" said taxes.
It's an interesting legal situation that I'm neither rich enough or poor enough to challenge.

Great research project material.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just quit complaining and pay the taxes is my philosophy...

If you want education and government and high standard of life, you'll pay your taxes.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Most people that have fought this have ended up in prison. It's actually kind of amusing.

The one here did and they almost took his lawyer too

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Just quit complaining and pay the taxes is my philosophy...

If you want education and government and high standard of life, you'll pay your taxes.

Amen. People should stop being bitches and just pay taxes like everyone else in the world. It's like people want to revert to a system where everyone just hordes their money and the infrastructure of the country crumbles around them.

So shell out the dough and enjoy your nice public libraries, schools, and highways.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
First, there's a difference between law, statute and code. What the IRS likes to show you is their codes.

Codes are important if they pertain to you. For example, if you work for Allied Donut Company, their codes pretain to you. They are your guidline. If you do not work for them they do not apply. See? Question is, are you a part of Allied Donut Company?

Here's a couple of places you might be interested in:

www.livefree.com...

The above is a law study group that can shed more light on that and many more subjects than you can imagine. Jack Smith and Rick Schramm are the two gentlemen who began it, and they know what they are talking about. It's especially helpful if you live in Ohio, as they do and know the system very well there.

Another one:
www.save-a-patriot.org...

Another friend of mine who likes to buck the system and hasn't paid a penny to the IRS in years is adamant that every citizen should be a member of this club and tha tevery citizen should read the book, Piercing the Illusion, by John Kotmair. He loaned me the book and it is one I'll be ordering for myself next payday. You'll have to read it to fully comprehend. Don't start it without a pen and highlighter in hand!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Personally, I'm sick of paying for the american government "knife and gun club"... I watch around here as public schools get worse and worse, the teachers give less and less of a #, and private/charter schools (schools that don't rely on the government money) getting better and better! Right now it seems like all our tax money is being spent on military so we can go invade some country that doesn't run the way our government thinks it should. Because I'm an American Citizen, I'm forced to pay for the government's wars... wars against supposed terrorism, wars against comunism, and wars against drugs.

Yes, I said forced... like was stated earlier, there is no law that says we have to pay taxxes, but there is a law that says we go to jail if we don't. The laws that tell us what happens if we don't are really messed up... I met a guy in county jail that was getting sent away for 5 years (unable to support his wife and 3 kids, unable to continue his teaching career, etc...) just because he wrote notes on most of his reciepts (such as dates, or persons names involved with the trabnsaction, etc...). When he wrote the notes, he apparently 'altered' the information. They basically told him he was screwed because he didn't know that 'altering a document' meant anything... even having more dust on it than when the document was written! Sad thing is that they wouldn't just allow him to redo his taxxes and withdraw any document that was apparently 'altered'. #ing sad, if you ask me! I'm willing to bet they spend more tax money prosecuting and incarcerating him than they would have made off of him, but oh well... that's the way our gov works and that is why our gov will ultimatly fail. jackasses.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I remember hearing somewhere that there is a way to avoid prosecution from failure to pay taxes. The catch is- if you have never filed before you cannot be prosecuted.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As they say, there are only two certainties - death and taxes. And when they break the human genome, we won't have to worry about death. Taxes will always be here.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
I remember hearing somewhere that there is a way to avoid prosecution from failure to pay taxes. The catch is- if you have never filed before you cannot be prosecuted.

Ahhh, so if you voluntarily file for taxes the first time, then they have your ass? I suppose a person unwittingly signs a lifetime contract with them when they file their first tax form/s. Hmmmm...

[Edited on 3-30-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
(1) There is no U.S. Congressional statute establishing the IRS. That's right, it's not a U.S. Government agency. It's a corporation held in trust in Puerto Rico. Go to Title 31 United States Code, "Money and finance," Sec. 1321 and look at trust # 62 (Internal Revenue).

Full Story

It seems to me that the US public has been conned from birth and that it's a case of the monkey sydrome (no disrespect intended, pease look at the Monkey link.) of this is how it's always been.

Monkey Link

Also...check out the links section of the IRS page and look at the section entitled Commercial Lien - I think you may find it of interest.

Edited due to lack of correct url tagging.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Shaitan]

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Shaitan]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
IRS Form 4029 is used to claim exemption from social security and medicare taxes, but it does not apply to federal income tax. You must be a part of a religious group that opposes such benefits. I'm sure there are all sorts of ways to claim exemption from paying taxes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join