It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Akhenaten the first Christian?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
(...continued post)

* Pharaohs before and after Ahkenaten were seen as "living gods."

At least until Akhenaten, who stepped down to street level, to live with them. Can you at least admit that Hamlet was the lesser Akhenaten?

* The wealth of the land was stored in temples (everyone gave expensive gifts to the gods) and in the pharaoh's treasury.
* The economy was struggling.
* When he kicked the other gods out and made himself (he declares himself to be the god Aten) the one and only god -- he immediately gets ALL the wealth in ALL the other temples. After this he is addressed (see the Amarna Letters) as "The king, my lord, my God, my Sun, the Sun from the sky"

The people were fleeced at the temple, and the priests ate the things sacrificed to idols, just like Jesus' day.

The priests had made up a story about Horus and Isis which was actually all designed to hold the Egyptian people in a brahministic and perpetual trance. Akhenaten was trying to throw the gearshift of understanding forward way-too-fast, and it broke off. He simply closed the temples of Egypt (which has been deceptive and corrupt) and told the priests to go get jobs. He took back the power of the King, and the priests and the military are who united against him.

The economy was struggling (meaning thin bones and bad teeth) and the people were starving because of Solomon, who is actually Amenhotep III, who was unfaithful in his old age (the Amarna Letters reveal that he had a pagan goddess idol sent to him) and it is this story of Solomon's unfaithfulness which the priests of Jehu's day had to veil, to maintain the erasure of Akhenaten/Moses

The timeline goes like this:

1. THUTMOSES IV: Hires Joseph/Yuya to run Egypt. (he knows Joseph is Pharaoh's blood via Sarah)

2. AMENHOTEP III: Marries Yuya's Daughter Tiye. (this is Solomon, who neglects the kingdom in his old age)

--------[period of famine during Solomon's Akhenaten's co-regency]

3. AMENHOTEP IV: Grandchild of Yuya. (builds Amarna, aka the "Garden of Eden", and also the larger and smaller "Temples to the Aten/One True Creator" as envisioned by Joseph/Yuya and their family... Amarna is a complete world unto itself)

* Ahkenaten wanted to continue the grand building projects like his predecessors so he could have a lot of temples, etc.

He built two temples, both very humble, both in Amarna. You are fully wrong here. Between his father and the Ramsites, Akhenaten is more like a builder of a few log cabins and a chapel, than of skyscrapers and pyramids. ...His "predecessors" were Solomon, Isaac and the Hyksos.

* He then goes off and builds his own city (named Ahkenaten (called Amarna today), after his godly self) in the middle of the desert, away from resources. Shipping stuff to his city is expensive and hard work... and the nobles were sort of obligated to move there.

1: The city did not have the same name as him.

2: Away from resources? The Nile was the resource.

3: Who gives a damn if "Nobles" are inconvenienced?

Akhenaten's dad, Amenhotep III was the supreme ruler of that world, and married a Mittani princess, along with many other women, and died an irresponsible old insane crazy-man, who had Mittani idols shipped to him as he decomposed (He was the biblical Solomon). He is the reason why Egypt was politically faltering, because his story is that of a man who rules the world and becomes decadent in his old age. Akhenaten had to overcome scheming priests, the death of his older brother, and his own youth.

Akhenaten did not call himself God, but said that it was he who understood what RA, the Sun spirit, was all about. For him to say about himself in a hymn, "Only I understand you" could also mean "I had a vision where I saw that the Sun was a Spherical thing much larger than Earth and moving through space". Probably he wasn't able to reveal everything, just a certain amount of truth (that the Sun is giant, and that it is the source of the zodiacial emanations which reach Earth via solar wind).

We have found the city of the workers who built it, and many died of abuse and broken bones... at an age far earlier than other workers on royal projects.

Okay first, who's "we"? Did you go there and dig, because if so, I am envious. There are no signs of "abuse" in the recent finds of skeletons at Amarna, just people who lived to an old age, and who had experienced starvation in their time. Everyone was starving, but Akhenaten felt he had to change things quickly in his lifetime. Every minute was used by him, either with a chisel, or speaking to his people about how God is one, loving, God.

* At his death, the country is almost bankrupt and is in danger of being taken over by other regional powers.

He was a man of peace. You'd maybe prefer Napolean or Mohammed? I am wondering under which of these three men (for example), would the female essence and the idea of goddess worship, flourish?

Would you not agree, that "Goddess Worship" like what existed between Mittani and Egypt at this time, is totally gone from today's Earth? Would you not also agree that today's Earth (at least the Western half) is generally run by a priesthood of Rabbi's and Catholic/Protestant types?

Do you agree that there is a parallel between Jesus' failure to stone a town whore, and Akhenaten's closing of the temples? To me, these men were clearly attuned to the same collective consciousness which sees the female essence as the primary values for males to honor.

That is to say: Jesus and Akhenaten were both very skilled with women. Wouldn't you agree?

* And to top it all off, his reign had at least one outbreak of a serious and rapid spreading disease (thought to be either the plague, polio, or influenza.)
* After his death, it was said that the gods had turned against him for his treatment of them (and that the plagues, etc, were the result of his impious actions.)

The plague came after Amarna and after Tut. Moses and his people were in the desert, protected by their isolation, from the dying-diseased-world of that time.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by smallpeeps]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thought I'd plug my other thread at this point to try and get it going.

Pretend to be a Time Traveller Day!!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join