It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was world created 6,011 years ago – last Monday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this; it is the headline article for a hard core right wing neo-con publication (worldnetdaily). I have flamed this site previously here due to the fact that most of the outrageous and highly debated issues about Obama have either orignated here or by it's main contributor, James Corsi (Obamanation & the Swift Boat attack ad guy). Many posters even here on ATS read this site as if it were true news regardless of the obvious fallacies in many of the stories. In this case, the accepted "agenda" of the world being created 6,011 years ago - and on last Monday NO LESS! is revealing in that the base has a definite belief in this and has a disdain for science. Terrifying in my opinion, and I know many who believe this will attack me, but so be it. This clear agenda represents an ideal I do not believe best suits this country in terms of controlling our Government.

Posted: November 01, 2008
12:00 am Eastern
© 2008 WorldNetDaily
How old is the world?

Most people would say: "Nobody knows."

But the author of the book frequently described as the greatest history book ever written,said the world was created Oct. 23, 4004 B.C. – making it exactly 6,011 last Monday.

Sweet intro, the BS meter goes off the charts immediately. Check out the rest of the "facts".

www.worldnetdaily.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
nice find, book seems interesting to me!

Find out:

Why was Julius Caesar kidnapped in 75 B.C.?

Why did Alexander the Great burn his ships in 326 B.C.?

What really happened when the sun "went backward" as a sign to Hezekiah?

What does secular history say about the darkness at the Crucifixion?

Interesting "questions".. nice find

maybe i'll buy this book

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think you will find that we destroyed ourselves before. Probably the giza yramid existed before our current civilisation, came about.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The book was written in the 1650s. The website isn't touting it as the answer to all things. They are saying it's an interesting read and it is.

Ussher traveled throughout Europe, gathering much information from the actual historical documents. Many of these documents are no longer available, having been destroyed since the time of his research.

It's a unique look into the mind of the 17th century. The book is a tool for researching the past, not a fact book for the 21st century.

(trying to fix the quote symbols)
[edit on 11/1/2008 by Aislin]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sounds like an interesting read. Still, I contend any book that places the exact date of the the "birth of the world" as last monday is stupid. Feel free to tell me why this book of all others is right on that.

CJ

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh yeah, this is stupid,disregard

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Theres a great book called Aeons by Martin Gorst which goes into how Usher concocted this date and how early christians just conveniently ´borrowed´ creation myths from jewish lore to make their new religious sect more credible and feasible-of course these could be said to be themselves borrowed from Mespotamian culture so it all appears rather sketchy.
One thing is for sure-when Princeton university in the U.S. teach students the 6000 year old earth model as ´fact´ they are throwing the values of objectivity,rationality and impartiality out of the window and instead just using their religious agendas to promote willfull ignorance.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"GEE" Who would Jesus bomb today!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The base the Republican party has, I think, is definately meant to divide. I don't know anyone with 'liberal' views that thinks there's no way evolution could happen because God is all powerful and made things exactly how it they were supposed to be. Instead of thinking that maybe evolution is part of there God's plan, or maybe the hand of God at work.

But seriously this is the same people that think dinosaurs are either Satans hand at work trying to dissuade us from God, or that we hung out with the Dinosaurs.

And people still wonder why there are those like me that take no stock in MANS religion.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The man's name is Jerome Corsi, and that site is no different than some of the left wing hogwash that's out there. It's all relative you know.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Jerome COrsi is not known for his brains now is he?

First Arctic Ice Core Holds 40 Million Years of Climate History

An international team of researchers has recovered the first 40 million years of Arctic climate history by coring the Arctic's first scientific borehole from under the Arctic seafloor, says a Swedish Polar Research Secretariat press release. The expedition's co-chief scientist, Professor Jan Backman of the University of Stockholm, said, "This core goes back to a time when there was no ice on the planet -- it was too warm. It will tell us a great deal about the climate of the region. It will tell us when it changed from hot to cold and, hopefully, why." Scientists examined microfossils in the ice core and found material in the sediments that initially appears to be 40 million years old, originating in the Middle Eocene period. The sediments will help researchers determine the type and abundance of marine creatures that lived in the Arctic at that time.

www.america.gov...

[edit on 26-11-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I can't believe how anyone thinks that the world is 6,000 years old. I didn't know that there actually are people that believe that still.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I hate this type of stuff.

Then what about the pyramids of Giza, how did they get here?

....They sprang out of Gods ass on the third day.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think the "6000 year old" Earth date comes from taking too literally the passage in the Bible "One day is like a thousand years to God", instead of thinking logically "what was the biggest number man could comprehend?"

So, it is possible that the Earth is older than the funnymentalists think, they are just too hardheaded to think outside the box, or recognize when when someone is using symbolism (although I'm not sure if that is the correct term).

I think God created the dinosaurs to give his newly created planet a "trial run" so to speak. Or maybe he just liked giant lizards at first?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Like another poster I am amazed anyone could believe something like the world being created October 23rd, 4004 B.C. First of all the obvious: if that is the day the earth was created then why is it not the first day of the calendar? Considering we operate with the Gregorian calendar being used and that calendar was decreed by the church to be law, why wouldnt october 23rd be the first day of the year? Furthermore, why would the earth start in 4004 B.C. instead of 1 or something similar?

The very idea of this is just mind-boggling.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
First of all, I just wanted to say I don't necessarily believe Ussher's calculations.

Originally posted by quetzalcoatl13
First of all the obvious: if that is the day the earth was created then why is it not the first day of the calendar? Considering we operate with the Gregorian calendar being used and that calendar was decreed by the church to be law, why wouldnt october 23rd be the first day of the year? Furthermore, why would the earth start in 4004 B.C. instead of 1 or something similar?

1). The Gregorian calender was already in use by the time Ussher came up with his dates and calculations.

2). Therefore, BC/AD was already in effect so year '1' became 4004 'BC.'

3). On the other hand, the Jewish calender is more 'linear' (for lack of a better term), with no BC/AD divisions. According to their calender, we're currently in the year 5769. Their new year also starts at Rosh Hashanah, which corresponds to our September and October, depending on the year it falls on. According to the Hebrew calender, creation began on the 25th of Elul, around our August/September.

4). So basically, our calender, already in use for centuries, wasn't redone just to accommodate Ussher's calculations.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
I hate this type of stuff.

Then what about the pyramids of Giza, how did they get here?

....They sprang out of Gods ass on the third day.

God told Noach and his sons to build them so that they would be remembered by God.

Where do you think all the water erosion came from silly?

People just don't realize that Noah was not a man, but a condition of man in all his generations. Noah means "Rest". That's why you find mummies in tombs. They are "Rest"ing.

Peace

top topics

join