It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussing conspiracies on other sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Posting here about a conspiracy is rather comfortable. The majority of people here are of like mind. Sure issues are debated but in general we all agree that something is going on behind the scenes.

However anyplace outside the comforts of this site, and suddenly im mentally unstable, crazy, or a tinfoil hat wearing nut.

One of my favorite pasttimes is playing MMO's and I post a lot at www.mmorpg.com In the off-topic site I post on conspiracy subjects and the reactions are just sad.

Here's an example link on how global warming is a fact (according to them). I try and persuade folks with silly things like facts that its a myth but that doesnt stop the naysayers. One poster claims to be an engineer and wont bother schooling me on 9-11...

www.mmorpg.com...

Its extremely frustrating trying to communicate with these people. Its like when I sit down with family and friends and talk. Im listening to myself as though Im outside my body and I see the eyes rolling and I know it sounds crazy.

Should I even bother trying to prove to these people on websites (and family) that there is in fact a global conspiracy by the elite to create a world govt, etc ?

signed,

frustrated

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ps.

please go to that site and school that kid on global warming and 9-11 rofl, im not as elequent or good with the facts as many here are.

Id love to see a mountain of posters put these people over there to shame

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Board wars or flaming other members on a third party forum is against T&C btw

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

im not trying to start a flame war.

my goal is to educate people, get them to open their eyes to whats happening. Its fine and all to talk about it here but it isnt reaching the real audience we need too.

Its the mainstream folks that need the most help. If we stay confined here all agreeing and patting each other on the back, we get nothing accomplished.

I see nothing wrong with asking some of the more enlightened folks here to post elsewhere (preferably where i linked too) and show some proof, link some facts, and maybe just maybe convince some others thats the world is in real trouble.

Im tired of people calling me a tinfoil hat nut outside this site. Its time to go mainstream and take the fight to them

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

I will go over to see what kind of activity is going on over there. But I must caution you, there are many here who vehemently disagree with each other. We just have a more 'mature' understanding about respect and moderation built into the T&C.

We don't DO flame wars. They are pointless.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
Posting here about a conspiracy is rather comfortable. The majority of people here are of like mind. Sure issues are debated but in general we all agree that something is going on behind the scenes.

frustrated

A lot of people here on the board might seem "of like mind" , still it seems hard to get the big picture for most people, like myself.
I can "sense" thata there is something going on, but i am not sure what.

So my question is:

If you want to educate these people, what are you planning to teach them ?
Are you sure yourself what is going on in the that you think you can teach others ?

Personaly i dont try to teach people, and i dont try to prove a point most of the time.
I'm just telling what i came accros and share my information with any one who likes to hear it.
Or i might tease with some information and see if can get a discussion going.

If you want to educate people you better be very sure in what you are saying is right.

But i can totaly relate to your frustration.
Try to convert it into something more constructive.

top topics

join