It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Fears Media Threaten Her First Amendment Rights

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Calling Palin an idiot is not slander. WHen asked if there are any cases BESIDES Roe v Wade she opposes her answer is... Roe v Wade. When asked what the VP does she answers... "Uh, um, uh any thing I feel like? I really need to expand the powers don't I? Aren't I adorable? Pew pew!" When asked about foreign relations she talks about being able to see Russia from her house. She is an idiot.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

I am no grammar expert, and I am not 100% sure how the sentence would be broken down. All I know is that another way to view it would be to do like you did and put "Congress shall make no law..." in front of every clause.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
reply to post by grover

Well, there are investigations going on right now in to Democrats who used the government to look in to Joe, simply for disagreeing with Obama. I think Palin brings up a good point that anyone who disagrees with Obama, seems to get smeared and attacked not only by the media, but by democrats in the government.

I disagree... it goes both ways and is the norm for anyone in the public eye. The problem was that Joe wasn't vetted for the public eye prior to being thrust into the fray.

There are ankle biters everywhere, and if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingsryche

Originally posted by whaaa
Conservatives are such crybabys.

Rush is Media, Sean is Media, Fox is Media, Savage is Media and they never miss an opportunity to smear Obama, Hillary, Bill or even Carter for that matter. AM radio talk is almost exclusively conservative and they are constantly whining about the MSM when they are a part of it. Man it up you bunch of *snip*.

Hypocrisy much?

[edit on 1-11-2008 by whaaa]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by maria_stardust]

I've noticed that too..they keep telling us they are not part of the mainstream media but they are totally part of it. I guess if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes a truth ?

Repetition never morphs a lie into the truth except for those that are ideologically challenged and actually hardwired to believe what they see as authority figures.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by cognoscente

I am no grammar expert, and I am not 100% sure how the sentence would be broken down. All I know is that another way to view it would be to do like you did and put "Congress shall make no law..." in front of every clause.

That would be much better...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I guess palin does not know that the first amendment only prohibits US CONGRESS from making laws infringing upon those rights. How did the media exactly force congress into making a new law violating Palin's rights? lol

en.wikipedia.org...

-rrr

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by grover

Defamation of character applies in this case.

Saying she is not smart or doesn't know what she is talking about is a derogatory remark.

*edit* for spelling

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Hastobemoretolife]

Yes, but for defamation of character to hold, one has to establish that the derogatory statements are untrue........

-rrr

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I already voted, so it doesn't affect my vote, but I would think that Sarah Palin's comment regarding her 'rights' should make every undecided voter feel very squeamish. She is completely unqualified to defend the Constitution if she doesn't comprehend it. Her being one heartbeat or metastasized cancer cells away from leader of the free world should be enough to sway any undecided voter to either the Dem ticket or any of the third party tickets.

DocMoreau

PS... If you are a Palin supporter, feel free to dissect my statements, rebut them ad nauseum, and even threaten me physically. If it makes you feel better in the short term, and enables you to be a team player when Obama wins, so be it. I promise not to come back to this thread and debate and ridicule your points. But if you are a Palin supporter you really need to open your eyes, and not allow the political demigods and dogmas make your choices for you. She is not qualified. Not one iota.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
An important indication of the quality of a thinking is how that mind works and plays. The colours of those clothes and shoes with people... or those cars in the street ... Palin fears media because it makes her dumb. And sadly, Palin is faltering over and over again. She does not understand this, or if she understands it, it would be a big surprise!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join