It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security put me under investigation after I was on the Above Politics Show…coincidence?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

Yes it is an easy thing to say, and I apologise for any glibness. There is certainly a difference between an outside perspective and facing those things ones self.

But it seems to me: you haven't been charged with anything, and you're claiming there's no basis to any potential charges they seem to be implying, only innuendo.

I would suspect that there are many innocent people in jail, who are there because they were intimidated by fear and strong-arm tactics, and settled for a plead when they were in fact not guilty.

Please don't let attempts at intimidation force your outlook. If they have a valid case, they should be held to present it.

One way the government wins (and it is a pretty effective way at that) is they extend the investigation for as long as they can and prolong the trial. The statute of limitations only applies once a person has been officailly charged with a crime. Until then, there is no time frame they are working within. Most people who are charged or may possibly be charged with crimes, do not have the money to afford a decent lawyer. The court appointed lawyers are for the most part, a joke. They have no idea who the person is they are representing until, many times, moments before they go before the judge.
The court appointed lawyers pretty much make deals...that's it. when they do defend someone, it is not anything like they would do for a paying client...it's just a fact...a very sad fact.
So, the government knows this and uses this to their advantage. They know the longer they drag it out the less likely it is the person will be able to afford to defend themself and will end up making a plea to a lesser crime.
That is why I acted as soon as I found out I was under investigation. I wanted to, as best I could, force the feds into doing something. If an investigation is open and no charges have been filed for considerable time (whatever that is) the person being investigated may ask the investigating body for a letter of non-prosecution. while this letter is non-binding to the government and not always given, if it is...it tends to push the investigation into some back file never to be seen again. This is what I am hoping for, now.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Being a felon ain't fun either. Can't pass background checks and when do you need to do that? Hmmmm... when you apply for a job, when you rent a house and maybe to buy a gun for personal protection, if your a felon and on probation they take your state taxes and you don't even see them! Did I mention there is interest on your court fees? Life becomes all of a sudden a lot harder. You get a speeding ticket and are on probation you can be violated because of it and end up in jail again. The criminal justice system is run by criminals and I stick by that! I've done my time and learned my lesson but it doesn't stop there. Nope, they grab control of your a** for a long time afterward and even if you get your record expunged its what, 7 years to do that? Do your best man. It is too easy for this crap society to screw people over seven-fold.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

100% CORRECT MY FRIEND! I think one of the main reasons they drag it out as well is to build stress for the person being charged or on trial. A friend of mine is in this situation and its been going for 2 years now! 2 YEARS! and he just wants to get it over with. They know that and are trying to break him with expanding it to great lengths. Even innocent people will be willing to take a plea bargain just to end something this friggin long. Oh and court appointed attorneys are not public defenders but public pretenders!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

I had spoken with my lawyer/professor about the potentials for my life if I were to get convicted...asside from all of the "perks" I think one of the hardest things will be having to surrender my gun. It is not like it is of any importance to me...except it reminds me of my right to own one! That is why I bought it...because I could.
I have taken a long route through college, but my ultimate goal has always been to practice law. With this hanging over my head...I may not be able to that. I will never be allowed to take the bar exam. A lawyer who is convicted of a felony can remain a lawyer, but a felon cannot become a lawyer...figure that one out.
I also asked about just pleading guilty and trying to get it expunged...he said on a federal charge...only a Presidential Pardon will remove it from my record...don't think that will happen either.
I know what you mean about court pretenders...there was a time when I was a little (actually quite a bit) wilder than I am now and got popped for a couple (or three) public intox...thepublic defender forgot my name one time when I was in front of the judge...that's always good.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I wouldn't worry to much...
I'm sure I'm on someones list too and some thick glasses clerk right now is coping and filing my reply away in some dusty cabinet...

People like us are not the ones their really worried about, after all for the most part were harmless and easley discredited....

the ones they really want are the people with the garage full of sacks of ammonium nitrate!

They should be worried about us though we are the people who will take the world to the next level.

What if everyone thought
"Its 'them' who they should be worried about"

Then we will be stuck in this hell hole reality of supression of information, actively living in fear (religion) and feeling compelled to live life in fear.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
The bottom line is the government needs to be afraid of us. Im here to say that I for one am not afraid of the government. We don't have to whisper to each other in fear of the government overhearing. As a matter of fact I think their the ones who whisper in fear that we will over hear.

I am with you to a cetain extent. It is very intimidating to have an agent from the government stand in front of you and tell you he plans on putting you away for the rest of your life.
My urge was to...well, it was to react in a way which would have made sure I went to prison.
It is tough to sit there and try to be civil to people who have no regaurd for you. They look at you as though you were a bug on the face of some homeless guy.
THe most ironic part in it, is that they call themselves investigators. A true investigator looks at all sides of the issue. After we had been back and forth for quite awhile I told him him this and said, "well, it looks like you have already made up your mind. Why am I here?"
Then he brought out this offensive comment about how God forgives those who repent for wrong-doings and honest people make mistakes but ask forgiveness from those they wronged and of God.
Of God? WHen did God have anything to do with the money from FEMA I was given?
The set on this guy was unbelievable! Insulting...it still enrages me!

I looked at my lawyer and said, "Now he speaks for God?"
My lawyer just raised his hand to quiet me because he knew I was about to explode.
I said, "I wasn't frightened enough by your badge and your gun, so you want to use God to frighten me now? WHo do you think you are? Moses?"
THe meeting ended soon after.
I say this only to point out how the government will use all means they can think of and they have NOOOOOOO shame. It is a lot to stand against, my friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

although she was nothing more than a glorified answering machine with skin.

Got a chuckle out of that line - good one.

I have to say thanks - thank you for being patient and explaining your issue in depth - especially with me.
I learned a few things - and I thank you for that too.

One thing I learned - (and I seem to have to re learn this repeatedly) - (how redundant is that - lol) - is not everyone out there is a BSer and I shouldn’t judge new acquaintances by the evils visited on me by past *friends*.

I hope that makes sense - if not, all it boils down to is I’ve been BS’d so many times it’s hard sometimes to keep a clear and stomp down my questioning and (sometimes) judgmental attitude when it starts rear it's ugly head.

My failing and I apologize if I stepped on your toes.

On the other hand, how much money did you get from the Government anyway?

Ooph! See! There I go doing it again!

Thanks and Good Luck to You!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My toes are fine, my friend.
I am a very skeptical person by nature and by practice (meaning I seek out ways to become more skeptical...when I'm not too sure of myself on being the perfect skeptic).
I know how it goes with the BS...it happens anywhere and everywhere. I get into trouble often because I call people out on it when I see it or hear it.
I would have to look up the total amount I have gotten from FEMA, because the issue began to revolve less and less around the money and more and more around where I lived and my intentions....blah, blah, blah...all the stuff said before.
FEMA sent out an intitial paymet of $2000 to anyone who applied for assitstance with a few days of their call. After that I was given a check a for about that much, maybe a little more for the items I lost in my home. I believe I got one other check I did not ask for, for about $1200 which was an adjusted amount of my losses...or something like that. Then I got one for about the same amount for housing because I was still living in a motel.
FEMA also, through the state of Utah helped me get started into an apartment, because it was impossible for me to provide references on places which were no longer there. So, FEMA/Utah footed the bill for deposits and such.
I think all told it was about $7000 give or take a few hundred.
It seems like a lot, and I will admit, I did order pizza a few times off of it...but somehow it still seems like I lost a heck of a lot more than seven grand's worth of my life...epsecially if you count in the lawyers fees.
At the time I was nothing but thankful for FEMA and Uncle Same being there for me, when they didn't have to be...nothing comes for free.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Are you sure they really want to get those with ammoniun nitrate in their garages?

Let's HOPE so, but if even 10% of what is reported here, or other 'alternative news' websites is real and true and happening now we're all in serious trouble. Make that just 1% actually.

So moving to Utah is a crime now is it? Must be pretty rough in Utah eh?
Does a US citizen need to ask for travel permits now or something? Thought that was the USSR, not the USA!

Or are they saying you had advanced information about Katrina??

Or is it that they think you are trying to screw disaster releif money from the gov? If you lost everything in the storm (they could go to where your place *used* to be and see for themselves couldn't they? Check on neighbours etc?) why wouldn't you be legally entitled to relief money, if you qualify for it? And why would moving to Utah make the slightest difference to your claim (providing you did lose your possesions, home etc)?

Fingers crossed the new US president is a little more human that the old one, and this gets nipped in the bud. Don't hold your breath though, i'll be amazed if he even get's as far as taking the oath of office, without 'them' ordering a hit.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
am I missing something? I don't get it!! Why was this guy harassed by homeland security? I read his post twice and very carefully and I still don't get it. Because he went to Utah before Katrina hit? I use to live in Fl...if we knew a big hurricane was coming..we left so our lives weren't in danger...what the hell am I missing here??? so frustrating!! If anyone is a criminal here it's homeland security, the Bush admin...(on soooo many levels..may they be brought to justice!!!) certain members of the police department! People like me wanted to bring victims of Katrina little things like Water, Meds, Food, Blankets...etc...People like me were not allowed to help these people! Bad Bad people that had guns made it perfectly clear that we were not allowed in to help nor were the victims allowed to leave to get help! So..again I ask...what the hell did this guy do to deserve getting harassed like this?

I know this is off topic but didn't MS vote for McCain? I don't get that...after all the Bush admin. has put them threw...and continues to put them threw...why would they vote for a man that voted with the MAN 99% of the time? I mean REALLY...do you think McCain would help investigate Bush and his admin. evil acts against any of the people involved in Katrina? I'm just praying that Obama won't let this asshole get away with anything! If my facts are wrong I apologize..but I could swear MS went red!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Great story and I hope things work out Johnny..I believe you and the reason why I do is because of the odd phone numbers that showed up on your phone.I have had some dealings with phone numbers here in the Philly Metro area, Calls from 215 000-0000. I smile and sy" How do they do that"..lol...Best of luck and I shudder to think that the powers that be are trying to undermine the constitution and bill of rights...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join