It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security put me under investigation after I was on the Above Politics Show…coincidence?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, if it makes y'all feel any better...I was on "the list" the day I joined the U.S. Navy and especially the day I received my TS clearance...

So, as a client from the ACLU told me..."You're scr*w*d..."

I work in the Electronic Discovery industry now, which is essentially, computer/gadget forensics for law firms...They bring us hard drives, cellphones, etc. and we extract the information for them...99% of our clients were/are defendants, so I don't think we were ever paid by the government prosecutors for that information...

In addition to "hardware" forensics...Attorneys, through the "Discovery" process can subpeona "email and text messages"...

How? Carriers are required to maintain text messages at a super secure "clearinghouse" for the purpose of using text messages as evidence...You have no clue as to how many cases of infidelity have been won because of text messages...(Hmmm...very recently, a certain Congress member and a Myspace mistress come to mind via text message Discovery)...

As for attempting to verify information regarding employers who are out of business, etc...That is a tough one...I had two companies fold under me and while interviewing for other jobs, the companies who I interviewed with thought that I was using some "creative writing" on my resume, as one former company still had a website and the phone number just kept ringing (and it was listed in the business section of "Super Pages," so you would think that if the phone wasn't answered...uhmm..."lights are out")

Funny that you mention strange caller-ID numbers popping up...I have an "Unavailable Number" 999-999-9999 that has shown up a few times lately and have had the strange 6-1045 (or something like that) show up as well...I assumed that they were sales calls, and do not remember when I signed up on that "Do Not Call" list...

Summing up...

Having been in the Navy and then working in the legal field...most of us, as my friend at the ACLU pointed out, are scr*w*d...Because of the advances in technology we are more exposed than ever today...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_
=If it comes to pleading out and not serving time (getting the felony but be on probation), or going to court and MAYBE doing time...I don't know what I will do.

Huh, what? You have kids to support, a family to feed?

If not, just stick to the truth and let injustice be damned. The hell with copping a plead.

Otherwise, remember this:
www.usa-flag-site.org...

Especially the "stand... desolation" part.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
So if Im hearing crazy noises whenever Id pick up my cell phone. Or would hear nobody or like operators in the backround and the number is something like '2-234-3566' or '7-564-2556' does that mean Im being investigated? They dont seem like area codes they seem like just random numbers.

PLEASE help.

I have gotten calls from a friend in the UK and it shows up as odd numbers. It may have several extra digits, because the phones are set up differently in Europe than they are here.
It was the 4 digit number that got me alarmed. I have never seen a number with less than ten digits show up on my caller id. it may be ten "0"'s but there were still 10 of them. the calls I got, I never answered and a message was left but no one was speaking. It was a long silence.
It have no idea what it was.

I had the same exact thing! Sometimes the numbers would begin with a zero like this '0-345-2356' and I would be in complete utter confusion. I thought maybe they were bill collectors, I thought maybe it was my bank calling, I thought maybe it was a weird fax machine calling the wrong number. These numbers would also leave me voice messages as well is what the wierd thing is!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

I didn’t *miss* a thing.

"He told my family I was under investigation for fraud, perjury, theft of government funds, giving false information (I guess that is different from perjury) and couple other things... All told, if convicted, I was going to be facing 60-70 YEARS."

He told your family...Soooooo that means what?
Nothing.
He could tell your family anything - it’s still not what you were charged with.
Being under investigation - it’s still not what you were charged with.
A *couple of other things* - again, still not what you were charged with.
Exactly - what - were - you - charged - with?

THose were the charges facing me.

So fraud, perjury, theft, false info, and a *couple of other things*???

And now it’s all boiled down to you‘re *charged* with *giving false info*...
Somehow it’s hard for me to believe all you’d get busted down to is giving false info if in fact you were *charged* with theft of government funds.
The Government does not throw out charges like theft for those who steal from them.

You seem to have missed my point.
I know you’re trying to prove you had no intention of leaving Mississippi.
Why I said - they have emails and text messages, etc, but neither the Government (of you it seems) has any *live* information on you?
Like --->
Where/when you registered with the Department of Vehicles for your drivers license (if you have one), where/when you registered your car (if you have one), where you paid your taxes (if you did), your contracts on utility bills (unless under your girlfriend or another's name), hospital visits (unless you're incurably healthy), lease on your flat/home (I would assume you live indoors?), post office box or mailing address (you snail mail at all?), voter registration (you say you vote), bank (use one?), shopping center card (do you shop?), dog/cat registration and veterinarian (if you’ve pets), Blockbuster card (ok a little sarcasm there, but still would prove something), and so on.
Many of the above you would have had to cancel, change, post forward, etc, if you’d planned to move out of the area.
Since you did not (???) accumulative *live* information such as this - it would be quite helpful wouldn’t it?

Oh, and, well, your ATS handle, lol, that must not have helped.
Utahhh!

...taps...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

=If it comes to pleading out and not serving time (getting the felony but be on probation), or going to court and MAYBE doing time...I don't know what I will do.

Huh, what? You have kids to support, a family to feed?

If not, just stick to the truth and let injustice be damned. The hell with copping a plead.

Otherwise, remember this:
www.usa-flag-site.org...

Especially the "stand... desolation" part.

That is a very easy thing to say...many people in prison or who have been convicted of felonies, had plead guilt to them because the governmet can drag their feet and bankrupt people. While I have the money to fight for some time yet, I cannot go one forever.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

I don't know for sure what to say about the numbers who are calling you. I told my lawyer about the calls I got, and while he thought it was strange, he wasn't sure if it was Big Brother. I have had mine documented by phone bill and witnesses who saw the numbers call...not that it does a whole lot.
They (my phone company) were unable to track where 6-000 came from. THey said I need 10 digits to track, when I told them that was the entire number that called me...I think they were a little shocked too.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yes it is an easy thing to say, and I apologise for any glibness. There is certainly a difference between an outside perspective and facing those things ones self.

But it seems to me: you haven't been charged with anything, and you're claiming there's no basis to any potential charges they seem to be implying, only innuendo.

I would suspect that there are many innocent people in jail, who are there because they were intimidated by fear and strong-arm tactics, and settled for a plead when they were in fact not guilty.

Please don't let attempts at intimidation force your outlook. If they have a valid case, they should be held to present it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel

Originally posted by DaddyBare
the ones they really want are the people with the garage full of sacks of ammonium nitrate!

I disagree.

Governments don't actually care about some yahoo making a bomb. You can't overthrow a government with bombs. You can't bomb your way to change or revolution. Bombing never hung elected traitors from light poles.

Governments are afraid of ideas and afraid of the channels through which ideas flow. Ideas unify people into armies and turn citizens into revolutionaries. Ideas show people how the government itself can become little more than a committee for treason and profit.

After all, government power is derived from an idea. If that idea is no longer shared by a majority of citizens, then the true power-base of the government has disappeared. Once the consent of the people is lost, all that remains to legitimize government power is the fear of reprisal of the people.

Jon

You make some legitimate points, however, I do not know about you, but I am sure worried about some "Yahoo making a Bomb". Just look at OK City if you need any more reason as to why the Government WOULD in fact be worried about such a thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

In order to be "offically" charged with a crime in the federal system...you need to be indicted by a grand jury. The investigation about me has not gone before the grand jury, yet. That is what all of the money to my lawyer was for...to prevent it. It is very rare that a grand jury does NOT indict someone....very, very rare.
You may or may not know (i am not trying to suggest anything by saying you do not know...and if you do, then bare with me, because others may not) how a grand jury works. A grand jury is nothing more than an offical arm of the prosecutiorial offices. NO defense is allowed to be entered into a grand jury. THey are seated to rubber stamp or approve the findings of an investigation. After the prosecutor/investigator passes on their information to the grand jury and they decide if it warrents and indictment of criminal charges. On the federal level, there is a full time grand jury, where as on a state and local level one must be conveened. So, at any time my case can be take to the grand jury...
I think the offical remaining charge is...providing false or misleading information on a government form.
This stems from when I first spoke the a FEMA agent after the storm...although she was nothing more than a glorified answering machine with skin...they say I told them I was displaced by the storm...meaning, I was in MIssissippi WHEN the storm hit and was relocated to Utah...I never said that, but somehow the transcripts of my phone call are gone...
I told them I left a few days before the storm and was stuck in Utah because I had nothing to go back to...
THis brought into question why I was in Utah at all. They chose to believe that I moved instead of doing the wise thing and cutting out of town for awhile.
I have provided all of the information you have talked about. I shown them my voter ID card with my MS address, my DL, my MS ID card, phone bills, student loan bills, doctor bills, and said I had not asked for a change of address...none of that matter to the investigator. He didn't or chose not to believe it.
So, when they have dropped all charges except for the false informatiom...my lawyer said this was a good sign they understood they have no case, but it doesn't mean they will drop it.
In another few months we will ask for a "letter of non-prosecution," if all is quiet until then.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The bottom line is the government needs to be afraid of us. Im here to say that I for one am not afraid of the government. We don't have to whisper to each other in fear of the government overhearing. As a matter of fact I think their the ones who whisper in fear that we will over hear.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I understand what he tells my family and what is the truth is, is or can be quite different...
The actual charges being investigated were...
Perjury, fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, theft of government funds, providing false or misleading information to a government agent, providing false or misleading information on a government form, and to be honest with you, I forgot the other one.

That is what my lawyer told me I was being investigated for and they were going to seek charges on.

I am not sure what you are getting at with this.

I have go to work so it may be some time before i can reply, sorry

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
The bottom line is the government needs to be afraid of us. Im here to say that I for one am not afraid of the government. We don't have to whisper to each other in fear of the government overhearing. As a matter of fact I think their the ones who whisper in fear that we will over hear.

I know this video has probably been seen by everyone before. It never gets old. Might be a good time to check it out again...
So What Are You Going To Do About It?

[edit on 11/3/2008 by KOGDOG]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ok, so they seem to be perturbed about the fact that you moved prior to katrina correct? Assuming that i would say they think you have some insider information on katrina and chose to move previously because of such info. If anyone one of us had info katrina was coming the only reason they would consider he or she a risk is because katrina "was" setup from the start, imho making more evidence towards them somehow setting it up, albeit scalar electromagnetics or HAARP or whatever. And anyone with that information could be a potential threat to them and their scheming NWO lifestyle. Honestly i would ask myself why would they consider me a threat? What am i threatening to them. (not saying that you havent) I tend to think the gummint doesnt "always" go out of their way to pick on people and usually have some kind of reason for doing so. Figure out why they are doing this and you will have a better chance of beating it. Fight it man, FIGHT IT!

And as stated earlier, AGREED! Ideas are more powerful than atomic bombs because they shape the world around us. As for them pulling up emails and txt's and phone calls. Ever heard of project Echelon? For the number with weird digits it could be a sales rep and is making you paranoid because of the recent events with HS. But honestly if you have not seen them before i myself would be paranoid somewhat too. It is also rather easy to spoof you caller id and I would look into getting a call forwarding service for the future. google has a free one i think. Anywho, good luck man I feel for the people that go through this not needed pain involving, should i say our Orwellian climbing society.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Maybe it's me that's missing the point here, but it seems to me the issue isn't that Johnny Utah had prior knowledge of the Katrina catastrophe. The government's position is that he moved and used Katrina after the fact to reap some benefits belonging to the victims.

If you move from an area then devastation hits in your wake, you aren't entitled to victim status just because you lived there before it hit. Not saying that's wahat happened, I'm just saying that's what I understand the government's position to be.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

OR..... yeah what you said. lol Yeah i think there is a few facets to this whole situation with johnny. Reaping the benefits of a disaster while not being there is a huge and potentially upsetting factor with HS becoming involved. Point taken

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

You are exactly correct on how you see this...thank you

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Yes, the government is saying my move was coincedental to Katrina, and I tried to gain money from a place I had already chosen to move from.
Again, that is the most difficult part to prove, being as how I had nothing left to prove I still had roots in MS.
SInce it was all gone, they figured I was gone as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Things like this are why I started this thread today( Is ATS here to help or Hinder?), these are the responses I wanted to hear about, you see I think ATS is just for the purpose of exposing conspiracy theorists, and possible simpithetics of rebel causes during the up coming events.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Honestly though I would naturally think you are entitled to some assistance being that you lost your home and in it its belongings along with everything else there. But being alive is something wonderful too. lol

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

I've often wondered the same but sometimes the best of my logic tells me i'm starting to drift off into the deep end. I think there is too many of us so called rebels for the gummint to take care of but if by a slow and masked approach who knows?....
good thought.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join