It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security put me under investigation after I was on the Above Politics Show…coincidence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

That is how I feel...
I think most people who get looked into don't even know about it. I was lucky on that accout I think. Others, are too afraid to come out or too ashamed at what others would think.
I know it was tough for me to go to the owner of the company I work for and explain why Homeland security had come to their door.
I think many people are still in the post 9-11 state of mind where they think Homeland Security is there to find terrorists.
The name says it all Homeland Security....it brings up flashes of some Orwellian society where there is a false threat against the nation and all people are duty-bound to protect it.
The Homefront must be kept safe at all costs!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Question how do you check to see if your on this LIST?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
...Also please leave a space between each response for again ease of understanding. or mark them 1.2.3. etc.
...If you were where you say you were (which I cant work out anyway why that matters) why didn't you use a witness statement like your Girlfriends to corraborate it? or even your own Phone records by contacting the company?

Did he waterboard you? :-)

Im sorry I have read this a few times but I cant make head or tail of the actual thread and what it means especially in relation to the Headline, is that just a Factual statement of historic events on a time line but with no real connection?

Kind regards,

Elf.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

1- It was my family that was contacted first...as way of an investigation. The cause or reason for this was called "routine."
2-I have no idea if i was part of any investigation prior to this
3 and 4- I was not arrested. As is the general rule with federal charges, an indictment must be passed down from a Federal Grand Jury. I have not been indicted
5- It was after my family was spoken to, by an agent out of Atlanta I contacted them through my lawyer...it was a proactive attempt to curb an indictment. You see, I have an extensive Criminal Justice background and I knew it was better to try to stop this before it went to a grand jury.
6-the emails they showed me, we generally of a benign nature. It was more used as a tool to prove I wasn't in MS when Katrina hit (which I never said I was...I had left a few days before)
7-ATS was not brought up, however, what struck me as odd, was the first investigative phone call came only a week or two after I was on the AP Show.
8-My Professor, while an educator, is also one of the most respected attorneys on the Gulf Coast. His entire family is quite well connected. He, like anyone, needs to make money, and had a standard fee for federal cases. How much work or hours he dedicated to this, I have no idea, but he is a man of honor I know he would not inflate the price of what he charged me...especially since I am a former student of his. Part of the work involved in hiring him was, like i mentioned earlier, proactive. It is through him, the majority of the charges have been dropped.
9-They are saying she is biased and therefore not reliable. It is a matter of my intentions and she cannot speak to what I had intended...only I can. And that is what they are calling into question...saying I chose to move a few days before the storm hit.
10-My waterboarding scheduled for next week...cute.

The only reason I bring up the AP Show is because I was very critical of the governmental stance on New Orleans and how they had pretty much forsaken the Mississippi Coast. That is what I mean when I say "coincidence?" in the title. I will be honest, it may have nothing to do with my spot on the show, however, it did strike me as odd with the timing.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_

Our families were not relieable witnesses.

Why not? Because they are *against* you, or because they are your family?

well you know......Utah's not on the fbi's top friend list=guilty by association. You should have found your way up to tacoma--lots of Katrina refugees here. I haven't heard of anything like this. But...I have lived in Utah.

There should be something. Go into Mississippi's online database of business liscences and get the mail or info for your last job at the resturaunt and the apartment complex.
You might have to get an apartment complex (owners) name from the ...auditors office. Maybe it is called finance department. These are the agencies who collect (or did) income from those businesses and as such are very interested in keeping tabs on them. Also at least here in washington, this is public information. Which means, if you can find the right 'gov' site, and know the names of your workplace and apartment complex, you will be able to both prove you are assisting the fed government with their investigation, as well as finding the infomation that would lead to at least a phone contact with your old managers.

And if the gov doesn't like that, then there could be some administrative failure which is punishable by law, and everyone wants to know about it. ie: maybe your being mislabelled by one of those shelter raised, emotion and bias driven, airheads/jerkoffs that wouldn't recognize the truth if it T-boned them.

Look into those places, though, seriously, if your serious about finding your information.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

what list do you mean?
If you are talking about this investigation, my lawyer simply called the number the HS agent left with my family and asked to speak with him.
Other than that...I don't know if there is a way.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek

Our families were not relieable witnesses.

Why not? Because they are *against* you, or because they are your family?

well you know......Utah's not on the fbi's top friend list=guilty by association. You should have found your way up to tacoma--lots of Katrina refugees here. I haven't heard of anything like this. But...I have lived in Utah.

There should be something. Go into Mississippi's online database of business liscences and get the mail or info for your last job at the resturaunt and the apartment complex.
You might have to get an apartment complex (owners) name from the ...auditors office. Maybe it is called finance department. These are the agencies who collect (or did) income from those businesses and as such are very interested in keeping tabs on them. Also at least here in washington, this is public information. Which means, if you can find the right 'gov' site, and know the names of your workplace and apartment complex, you will be able to both prove you are assisting the fed government with their investigation, as well as finding the infomation that would lead to at least a phone contact with your old managers.

And if the gov doesn't like that, then there could be some administrative failure which is punishable by law, and everyone wants to know about it. ie: maybe your being mislabelled by one of those shelter raised, emotion and bias driven, airheads/jerkoffs that wouldn't recognize the truth if it T-boned them.

Look into those places, though, seriously, if your serious about finding your information.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by HugmyRek]

My family is biased towards me, so they will not take their word for it. Nevermind my father is a doctor and mother is an RN, one brother is a Preacher and the other a grad student...they are somehow too biased to be trusted.
The issue is not that I lived in MS...Homeland Security is saying I moved a few days before the storm hit. THey are saying that is what I intended on doing...and intent is the biggest part of a crime.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Jonny Utah...I know with good certainty where the calls came from, but after reading through most of your thread I'm a little freaked out and don't feel comfortable saying out in the open. I tried to find a way to private message you but do not see any.

Edited to add this: Figured how to send you a private message but I got a message saying I had to have 20 posts before i can.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Miss Sile]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Great post op, star and flag.

Its about damn time that people opened there eyes ,Take a step outside and see whats shaking in the real word.

Its no longer the peoples government and it is extremely disappointing .
Some of the things they do, border on if not are absolutely criminal.

I think people need to take all this into account, especially while the election is piping hot.

It disgusts me and i despise those responsible for these sorts of dishonorable and dirty acts.

Its time to see these groups of people that condone this sort of absolute BS for the filthy two faced scum they are .

Perhaps if they put more time into caring and protecting their people then wasting tax payers resources on this sort of crap they could actually do their damn jobs correctly and make some much needed changes (And i mean actually implement those changes, not just piss in everyones pockets so they can get there foot in the door) .

While i am Australian and am proud of my country and my heritage. I feel strongly towards this type of thing, I have been keeping up with the patriot act a little bit and this sort of thing is Exactly what those that didn't agree with it in the first place were afraid of .

Arent you guys in The Land Of The Free ?
Or has that passed ?

Absolutely disgusted.

Omega

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
"he has spoken with the federal prosecutors and told them we may bring a lawsuit of "wrongful prosecution" or something of that order. he also reminded him that each prosecutor is held responsible for the cases he tries...so, that an absurd amount of innocent people are not brought up on charges"

You need to act proactively yourself, not thru your lawyer. YOU need to call the DOJ directly, explain the situation to them YOURSELF with documentation to back up your claims.

Threatening legal action against federal prosecutors is a waste of time. They have several thousand times the resources your lawyer has and will laugh off threat to sue them, they will simply bankrupt you long before your case ever gets to court

They will back off ONLY when another branch of Government gets involved on your behalf

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by TheFreeBird

And here is somethng else...
THere is nothing to keep this investigation open...forever. In another 6-8 months, we are going to ask for a letter of "non-procecution," however, they don't have to give it.
It is a way to keep tabs on me...not that I am a big threat or anything...but still, the more people they have directly under their infinite thumbs, the better.
I wonder how many people have this sort of investigation open on them.

if I were you - I wouldn't send anymore texts. Honest to god I'd be careful - for all you know they could grab fragments of a conversations, compile them together, and form an entirely new converstation - and bing they have you on record. be carelful man. It's a crazy world out there - crazier when the accountants become broke.

Peace.
Cm.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by TheFreeBird

And here is somethng else...
THere is nothing to keep this investigation open...forever. In another 6-8 months, we are going to ask for a letter of "non-procecution," however, they don't have to give it.
It is a way to keep tabs on me...not that I am a big threat or anything...but still, the more people they have directly under their infinite thumbs, the better.
I wonder how many people have this sort of investigation open on them.

if I were you - I wouldn't send anymore texts. Honest to god I'd be careful - for all you know they could grab fragments of a conversations, compile them together, and form an entirely new converstation - and bing they have you on record. be carelful man. It's a crazy world out there - crazier when the accountants become broke.

Peace.
Cm.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I didn't hit quote, because there was a few regarding this.
I've been having some strange calls on my cell too. But not the 4 digit variety.
Mine is a phone # with one extra digit. ( 000-000-00000 ) No message is ever left. Sometimes they call 2-3 times a day ... sometimes 20 minutes apart. Haven't got up the courage to just answer it.
I'm half thinking to call my phone company and ask if they could check the # somehow.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've already been on lists long before ATS even came into being. It's just been a fact of life that the powers that be here in the U.S. keep tabs on people that they deem "of interest." The origionall investigations of me were undertaken by both the FBI and the DIS, as I needed to be vetted before I received the security clearance that I had while on active duty with the Army. Since then, several other investigations were undertaken by the differing agencies on my activities. I've recieved over 150 pages of documents from them, many with parts blacked or whited out to protect "intelligence sources or method." So it's become second nature to me by now.

MBF

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have a problem with the department of agriculture. They tried to foreclose on me for 3.5 years because of a loan that I had paid, paid early and overpaid. I had several meetings, two investigations by the office of inspector general and two hearings and my lawyer was not even allowed to prove that I had repaid the loan. The loan officer was a known coc aine dealer and had been arrested about the time that I started having trouble on a coc aine trafficking charge . He paid a man to go to jail for him so that he wouldn't lose his government job. The drug task force told me that they knew that he had paid the man between $200,000 and $300,000 to go to jail for him, but didn't know where he got the money from. There was about $75,000 of my money missing and I told them where another $200,000 had come from. He has cost me about $2 million in lost income and the rest of my life will be spent paying off bills that I would have paid off years ago If I had not had the trouble with him with NOTHING to live on, at best. The government will screw you in a heartbeat and will not care anything about you.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Johnny, my heart goes out to you.

You are giving us a perfect example of 'thought-crime' in America. It is time to leave.

Pack up your stuff and get out of that damned country. Head to Canada, get a new name. Bring your family on a camping trip and just stay here. Don't go back.

Head to a place called Resistorville if you can. (in British Columbia) They will help you disappear. The whole town is comprised Americans who have fled the police state and it's wars of conquest.

You might as well be living in the Soviet Union - with cameras and high
technology to boot.

America officially tortures children. The soviet Union only jailed them.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am appalled and upset by your story.

Consider the methodologies practiced by Mussolini's rise and those used numerous times by many people who (really are) might be considered harmful...

My fellows, please understand this - any communication, action, or association you have, have had, or may have is/will be known or may be made up by whomever has the control (by laws ~like religions~ and manipulations of them) and means (people not unlike any of us who have been led to believe they are just in their actions and face the punishments as may be garnered on anyone you have heard about and worse) to do anything they (the "powerful elite") command or suggest. Any action or inaction we condone, do not report, or commit to by ourselves can be made into damning evidence (this includes are illusory "rights" - what type of people made up these "rights" in the first place?) that will be used to harass, humiliate, prosecute us.

Anyone willing, able, and committed to any cause, religion, society, or rule of law who acts against us is "terrorist" by nature. Consider please also that any form of resistance to any forced, coerced, or induced activity is just about pointless - you WILL obey or you will be punished, one way or another.

That said...Lead your own life, do what you want that is legal and inoffensive, and try to keep yourself in a situation where you are alive and healthy - except that we all have toxins in us and around us, so I guess part of that is naive to say.

Thanks for reminding me of the situation OP. I don't know how to express empathy for you well enough and hope you live to see tomorrow until expire from age.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

One thing confuses me. You said you worked, lived, ect, had an apartment.
Doesn't the GOV have records of all those taxes you paid by way of your employers quarterly reports--or your L n I payments, Medicare payments--you know the itemizations on a pay stub.

Exactly... Great point HugmyRek.

NOTE: In replying to HugmyRek and adding the below questions to the OP I'm no way implying I think HugmyRek agrees with me, or that our conclusions are the same, whatever.
Just saving space and complying with the no *one liner* rule.

For the OP:

They have records of text messages, emails, etc etc but NO records of where you lived, where you registered with the Department of Vehicles for your drivers license, register a car, pay taxes, any utility bills, hospital visits, voter registration, bank, shopping center card, Blockbuster card...
Many of the above you would have had to cancel, change, post forward, etc, if you’d planned to move out of the area.
Logic dictates if you hadn’t changed any of the above - you planned on returning after your vacation.

And I still haven't seen posted what they charged you with - that cost the pretty penny you gave to your lawyer for his services.
By the by, if you move forward to get any information from the suggestions in this post?
I’ll U2U you my bill.
*jk*

Really don’t take it I’m doubting you - I just hate confusion and bs, so I'm trying to clear up the first in order to make sure I don’t have to clean up the later.

..taps...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oof! I just reread my post above and it is just stupid.

I had a contractor linked with the FBI, DHS, and some other federal orgs contact me in the past for a job (all american guy - kids in the Navy and the Dept. thereof)...dunno which but the fellow who contacted me knew about me so that was rather off-putting.

The thing is - why did he call and how in the hell did he get my unregistered phone number? I wonder if he knew about my past, too? I responded via a text to his cell to lead him to believe I was "crazy" and "not qualified" for which ever thing this guy wanted me for. I don't want to help with killing people any more and regret having done so... "for freedom, democracy, and the American way of life" - whose? Johnny Twelvegeese at the Cherokee rez? No thanks, he don't want me to help him.

(Seems that maybe some parts of the federal, etc. segments are STILL not communicating very well. I have told a few "investigators" to clamp down on competition in the past and regret giving that advice.)

Ya so I wonder how many people face a declining quality of existence because some people won't communicate due to "interests of the Bureau" or "directives of the Department". What exactly, Mr. _Utah, have you been accused of doing in the past that would lead to this harassment?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join