It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicknames........Do you have one?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Do you have a Nickname?
Or do you give Nicknames to others?
Mine was Biscuit...when I was at school!

Some are Nasty...some are Nice.....some have Meaning...
others are Funny....some full of Spice...

I have a Nickname for my Husband...

BLISTER!......as he always shows up after the works done!

Some nicknames are given ,behind poeples backs....more often at work..
ones I have heard...

Jerry....gets called geriatric
Neil.....gets called Neil Down
Ida...gets called Ida Down
Matt...gets door mat
Helen...gets to hell'n'back
And so on..

Tell me your Nickname, if you have one?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
In school, I had the nickname as "jet", because, I speak fast and complete the assignments fast.

And it progressed to a situation that my friends did not call me by my name and they used to call me as jet. I wondered whether they would forget my name.
.But luckily after the summer holidays they forgot about it, now in university, I am referred to as the "brother of all the girls", just because, I called one of my classmates sister. But, I really like the present nickname and I allowed it to spread and all the girls call me as their brother.

Cool huh

[edit on 1/11/08 by peacejet]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I had a nickname in school...but I hated it, so I'm not posting it.
I have given all my kids nicknames though. I just found a way to shorten their names, or I gave them Cutesy type names. They just stuck.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not so much during school or at least nothing printable (typically insulting).

But over the last few years from my friends I seem to have gotten the title of "The Dwarf"

Not sure why, maybe because I'm a male who's 5 foot 4 inches tall, have had beards (not at present), a tendency for being a bit hairy, and am a natural with a Axe or other heavy melee weapon, and lacking in grace. Gee, I dunno how they could have come up with that. (whistles)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am not sure whether it was horrendous handwriting on my part or just a typo with a bunch of junk mail.. My first name is Janet. I cannot COUNT the number of mailings that i received addressed to Janer. When i was living at home it would be almost daily. ( now thanks to the do not solicit stuff that has all stopped ) however, my dad hasnt called me Janet in about 20 years. Janer kinda stuck.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh, I have a lot of nicknames...and I mean a lot.

A-B (the letters)
Kou Kou
S
Mai

List goes on, sure, with any nicknames there are some sarcastic moments where you don't want them to be heard, but thank god...I don't have any TERRIBLE nicknames...at least, not in the country I'm in.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I had two...20 years ago in highschool some would call me "spike" for the flattop haircut I had for a couple years and the other was "the locomotive" for my attitude in the boxing ring.

Great thread.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've had the nickname Greg for 2 years now...(not very long, i know)

I got it when my a kid couldn't remember my name, he just came up with Greg for no reason, it has nothing to do with me at all, its just a name... it cought on quickly and stuck to me like skunk spray...

its an alright name, and i now respond to it like my own name...XD

All praise to Greg the hedgehog! (i miss Tetsujin
)

Roswell.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Nicknames........Do you have one?

Funny you should ask...I've had a few over the years.

White shoes, Salami, Skinny Ray, Pelaso, Jumper cable, Squirlly,
Sleepy, Hoser, Fingers, Man with a monkey tail, Pal, Creepy ray,
Pork Pie, Rubbers, Lips, Man Toy, Holmes, Too Sweet, Lefty,
Amarillo Fats, Lightin, Nail gun, Tripper, Carrot Cake, Toes,
4 eyes, But my all time favorite is the One my GF gave me, Lover.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your nicknames...
I also remember getting called Skippy.....or Skip
Was a TV show about a Kangaroo....Skippy the bush kangaroo

The Italians at school ,used to cop Spag...as in spaghetti....
I still call a guy spag to this day!

Even though I haven't been called Biscuit since my school days....
I hear the word biscuit, and I turn around...thinking someone is calling my name!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have a couple of nick names, one I won't mention. I am the giver of nick names!

I call my son "Arliss" (or) "Gnarly Arlie" & my daughter Erin "Air head" or "E"

Dogs, cats, friends, it doesn't matter I give them all names

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bekonabroom

My maiden name was Meyer, so I grew up being referred to as Oscar Meyer. I hated it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have been called many names.

Smithy
Poison Dwarf
Knee Biter
Fish Bowl
Spider Monkey
Birdy

Lol those are the tame one's.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
...And the untamed ones?

i think they tried to change my name from Greg to Jeffery once...it lasted about half a day.

Roswell.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One of my grandmothers called me "Button" when I was little. She liked to sew and knit, plus she saved every button she could get off old cloths and such. She had an amazing collection that I used to go through and sort.

I got a few nicknames in school years ago, and we did move a lot, so sometimes I would use different names at a new school just for fun. A few months later we'd be in another town because of Dad's job.

In some schools "fag" and "homo" got dumped on me a lot, it was more name calling than nick names. I did get called "Donk" and "Peter" for a while, but that was just locker room humour because I hit puberty before most of the others.

Nowadays most people use my real name or call me "Super", a job related title.

EDIT: One more......

My husband never uses my real name, he always calls me "Honey" or "Hon".
If he's mad he has a few more choice names he likes to call me, but we won't go there.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just a quick hello....to my friends!

Jet,AD,The Dwarf,Janer,Kou Kou,The Locomotive,Greg,TooSweet(ManToy)
Jens31,Cadet Meyer,Smithy & Donkey!!!

Love you all....Biscuit

Group Hug anyone?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I haven't had a nick name since my Pa was alive . He use to call me affectionately by the first three initials . Incidental my Pa also taught me how to tie my shoe laces .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Hear you like trains......do you mind if I call you Casey Jr...as in the train...
I went on that ride in Disneyland!

My friend makes....mini trains that you can ride on....mini rail not far from my home.....sometimes we derail...but lots of fun...big kids with toys!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekonabroom
Hear you like trains......do you mind if I call you Casey Jr...as in the train...
I went on that ride in Disneyland!

That would be fine with me .

My friend makes....mini trains that you can ride on....mini rail not far from my home.....sometimes we derail...but lots of fun...big kids with toys!

I deal with Models like you get from a hobby shop . I do admire the skills that Model Engineers like your friends have .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Casey Jr....My friend also.....works on real trains as well....his whole family does......

Anyway...I'm off for the day...Melbourne cup (horse races).....wish I was there....I grew up near a track in Sydney....off to have lunch and enjoy the Cup....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join