It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If terrorists are so smart why don't they come here and pollut our rivers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
They could just blow us to bits and pollute our rivers so we would have nothing to drink.

Our water supply would be poisoned and we would be forced to fight Canada (we referring to the US), and, we would fight over water, as, the ocean water would be unsafe.

I mean, why don't they think about doing this?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Because the farming industry is already doing it for them.

Oh and there is a precess called desalination, it takes the salt out of seawater so it becomes potable.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Because poisoning people isn't their style. Terrorists are like divas - they want to be in the spotlight. They love a big production. Poisoning water supplies is too quite, secretive, and slow, even if it would be effective.

Plus, in order for them to martyr themselves that way, they'd have to drink the water - which would be a painful way of dying. They like going out with a bang because it is quick and painless.

If they just poison the water without drinking it and continue to live, they won't go to heaven and get their 72 virgins.

So it isn't about being smart or not, it's about style.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It's grossly inefficient. To get a reservoir contaminated enough to be deadly would take dozens of 18 wheelers. Acquiring that many semi's and the hazmat endorsements on their new class A drivers licenses doesn't come easy. On a scale of absurdity poisoning the rivers is higher up on the list than reservoirs. Too many flags should be raised for something like that to happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I thought it was more like 100 virgins...?

Anyhow, terrorists love a show. It's immediate. It's a slap in your face. It's an instant promotion.

The pollution of rivers etc is too Hollywood.

And once you've polluted the water, what do you do afterwards? Celebate with a cup of tea?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You are morons to believe in the terrorist threat to America. Every time I come here I get amazed by how Americans simply believe that there is a great terror threat to the country - because their government says so.

So I guess you trust your government... while at the same time, realizing they are a pack of liers. Interesting.

Anyone living in America could cause an incredible amount of damage if they wanted to, but nothing has happened. You believe this is because of your government protecting you. I believe its because there is nobody wanting to kill you.

But I guess I should be grateful so many Americans believe the lie, because then there is less need for false flag attacks and less people get hurt.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm not really sure what it is. My uncle and I once discussed this, and came to the conclusion that terrorists are extremely stupid, because we thought up a lot of really effective ways to commit terrorist acts. (I won't share the specifics, since it's probably against T&S to describe ways to kill people :p) Terrorists like big, showy, one-time events, but even so, we came up with some of those that would probably be a lot easier to pull off than crashing planes into buildings.

Maybe the answer is simple, maybe there just aren't very many domestic terrorists, and there simply isn't anyone around who wants to cause death on a mass scale. There have been cases where we've caught alleged terrorist cells, and maybe we're catching the majority of them.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I'm not really sure what it is. My uncle and I once discussed this, and came to the conclusion that terrorists are extremely stupid, because we thought up a lot of really effective ways to commit terrorist acts.

Your conclusion is flawed. I guess you didnt challenge the idea that terrorists are sitting around wanting to kill Americans for no reason at all. I guess you believe they are so different from you that they get up in the morning and just spend their time planning how to kill people. What would they achieve by killing Americans on American soil? Whats their end goal?

I know your media doesnt even discuss the "why", but you should. Who benefits from the terrorist "threat"?

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
They could just blow us to bits and pollute our rivers so we would have nothing to drink.

Our water supply would be poisoned and we would be forced to fight Canada (we referring to the US), and, we would fight over water, as, the ocean water would be unsafe.

I mean, why don't they think about doing this?

Ha! Maybe this is the 'surprise' that happens soon after the election?

'It won't look like we did the right thing at the time' could be a massive quarantined area where people aren't allowed in or out and some county or other has their population reduced to single figures in a couple of weeks.

Although I wondering whether these 'terrorists' will be 'home-grown' and are currently sat in suits at a desk in an alphabet agency office somewhere.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In many water-starved desert countries, poisoning one's water supply is considered an awful crime or insult, akin to murder, rape, etc.

At least, that's what I read in a novel.

We don't need terrorists from other nations to poison our water when we have terrorists in high places dumping their industrial waste in our water supply.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
First we don,t complain loud enough that our drinking water (tap), is not clean, in some places it taste like bleach, then floride is added, ever have a cup of coffee that taste like bleach. Our water treatment plants are the best we can make in the U.S. but people or persons don,t care about dumping poisons in our drinking water, a new program just started to track cancer clusters in some areas due to bad ground water remember every winter we salt our roads and into the aquafers the run offs go, We do it our selfs so COMPLAIN when you know of poeple dumping in the sewers or down the drains. Remember the LOVE CANAL Incident. PEACE

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yeah and all the personal opinions and moments to vent on personal issues in every side at ats... aside for a moment

Rivers do this cool thing

they run

and the crap flows out of them

so, I'd go get my Sparkletts and not bathe for a week... nice terror attack

seriously it's not viable...

new topics

top topics

join