It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Identify this UN Medal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am trying to find out the issue date and reason for a UN Medal I found a long time ago in my dad's stuff, it was originaly on a ribbon I was told. It is a bronze medal, on the front it has the UN symbol surrounded by the wreath, at the bottom it says New York. On the back, it is a picture of the UN building in New York, with like rays of sunshine coming up from behind it, and says United Nations at the top, New York at the bottom. I have searched and searched UN medals and cannot find one even similar to this one. Anybody?
edit to add: Mods I see now that this forum is for questions regarding ATS, not just QUESTIONS (duh). Sorry. Please move to correct location.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Did your father serve in the military, and if so what branch and when?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

He did, world war 2 , korean conflict, veitnam, but it is not one of these medals, I have checked. I was told that it could be a UN Headquarters Medal, but it does not match any of those either. I have looked at so many types, none like this one though. Searching the net hasn't helped, it just won't come up with any results that explain this medal. It is driving me nuts, I want to know what my dad did or what service he performed to recieve this medal.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I am very dissapointed, but not suprised, that no one else has commented here about this medal. I was really hoping there would be answers though.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Is it like this?

Google images

I don't know exactly what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thanks Clearskies for the image, that one is unusal too, but not like the one I have, the entire front of this one is the wreath, with the words written above it. I appreciate your comment and try at this anyway.

top topics

join