It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "safety" part of the plan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed how "safety" is being drilled into us constantly lately? And by people who don't care for us in the slightest?

Of course it's an important subject, but it appears the subject has been hijacked so it can be used as an excuse to implement control measures.
Here are two examples of many:

"Red light and speed cameras" are now called "safety cameras". Capable of recording and logging every licence plate that passes through them, regardless of speed. But it's for your safety. To stop truck drivers from driving too long and becoming fatigued, falling asleep, and killing your family (but of course, they log cars as well). The data is received by transport inspectors, recently renamed "safety inspectors" also.

Then there's "Occupational Health and Safety". Random drug testing in the workplace to make sure you are safe at work. Using testing methods that the Australian Federal Government states on it's health website is "not an appropriate measure of use, impairment or intoxication". "Cannot be used to distinguish between use within the last 24 hours and use more than a month ago". That's right, they don't care if you're high at work, they just want to control what you do on the weekend.

Overall, I have noticed that the term "safety" is being used at every opportunity available, especially in the last 12 months. People have been successfully trained to frown upon you if you don't take it seriously. Which leads to my conclusion...

"Safety" is a convenient excuse to spy on the population, and in a lot of cases, even remove rights. When the s*** hits the fan, and the Government offers "safety", are people being programmed to instantly accept it, regardless of whether it involves the removal of rights or privacy?

Interested to hear how the term "safety" is being abused in other countries also...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I hate Drug and Alcohol testing. I think its dehumanizing to have to piss for a job.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yes it is. Considering swab testing is available and is good enough for the police to use it for roadside testing. But the problem with that is it only has a detection time of the previous 12 hours instead of 12 weeks, so it's no good for their agenda.

new topics

join