It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you believe in aliens and UFO's before you came to ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What did you think about UFOs before you came here?

Before I came here I didn't have a vocabulary on how to discuss UFO's or ET's, and, I doubted their existence, and, I thought this project blue beam and Majestic 12 stuff was a complete joke and a the boy-who-cried-wolf mentality.

Now I'm starting to see the truth a little better, and, I'm asking more questions about why they are here, rather than, if they exist or not.

Did you believe in UFOs before you came here, and, how has ATS changed your belief in UFOs?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
i believed in aliens before i came here, then i found out this was here so yes i did

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well I was a believer of ufos way before I joined ats, when I was a kid, I thought it would be absolutely idiotic to think that we are alone in the large universe, and then when I started seeing ufo images online, it was well convincing that we are not alone, and so my belief was correct.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hell yeah I suck toes!

but ummm, yeah, I do believe in those strangers from other joints...
lets get it out in the open... bring it

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yes and No.

I knew that Aliens exist before coming here and hoped to meet others who have met them as well. Like you I am not interested in proving or not, only in the truth from many perspectives.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Since i first heard about the area ive always had a strong belief that there is intelligent life out there and that we have been visited before, many times. Joining ATS, combined with my own research has only increased my belief in this.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I remember in elementary school or middle school going to a science museum and just thinking that there was some alien connection to the pyramids.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I saw a couple as a kid, but its always been a sidewards interest. I read some things, watched something, always found the subject fascinating.

What really peaked my interest again I suppose was a growing sense of "wrong". Ive never been able to help picking apart events in the world, changes in politics and geo politics, wars, reasons, motivations, ive got so used to seeing illusions and looking for truths I suppose that in recent times things started to shape in a discomforting way.

Many things have happened in the last couple of years, swings and shifts, changes in balance, oddities in behavior and policy which really kind of yanked me into certain considerations, I suppose the bottom line is that deep down inside ive a feeling everything is heading to a very bad place, or at least the actions in play are aimed at that.

In some ways ive reassured myself with the concept of another "player in game" and that maybe everything is meant to go one way, but really goes another.

What change will happen I couldnt predict, too many possiblities but id be sure in the coming years things as we know it will change forever. Whether its political, geopolitical, scientific, alien, conspiracy, dystopia, you can take your pick some are more likely than others but change is being pushed, wthere by reaction or intention I wouldnt know, but the world right now isnt normal.

hmm and on that note, Im currently looking, digging and running it all in my skull to see whats bothering me about it.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

For sure i believed in Aliens and Ufos before i came to A.T.S.

Having an open mind i tend to believe first (without being gullable) then find proof to discredit new findings rather than totally not believing until i have proof.
Ive seen a few things in my 3 decades on this blessed earth, enough to believe we are not alone.
This might be a planet packed half full of idiots, but theres probably some alien, somewhere, typing the same damn thing about his knowledge on aliens and UFO's on a website like this in their own corner of the universe

[edit on 1-11-2008 by scubagravy]

Ha, i just learned to do my first edit

[edit on 1-11-2008 by scubagravy]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Before coming here I believed that UFO's and Aliens were visiting us from somewhere else and had been doing so for a very long time.
Now, I know different.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Before coming here I beleived in ufo's HOWEVER since being here I have been amazed time and time again by the amount of gullible people that actually live on this earth. Some of those examples would be people beleiving the constant prophets we have on these forums or the people claiming they are an alien then talking to other "aliens" on this forum.... Then ofcourse go into the cryptozoology section and all you ever read about is dragons and vampires... I mean come on! So after summing it all up you really have to sift through a lot of crap to find the stuff that actually helps you carry on your beleif for ufos from this site.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I believed in ufo/aliens since the day i started to grasp how big the universe really was. somewhere around 1989 when i was 6 and started reading . i was drawn like a superconducting magnet to Space books . I coulndt understand most of the things they talked about . But i started to ask my mum and dad if there were other ppl on the moon , mars , etc. and somewhere along the line i started believing that it would be selfish of me to think that we where alone .......

Damn i waz a messed up kid

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yes I believed long before ATS was created,after witnessing UFO's and reading about Roswell incident in Science encyclopidia,even said in book how the US found a saucer and alien bodies,it's nice to chat with believers

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yes. I'm 40-years-old, I was exposed to the UFO phenomena a long time before there was a world wide web, let alone this particular site.

I've not really seen anything on this site that has moved my view of the subject one way or another.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Oh yes, I was interested in UFO"s in the early 70's. Never got serious about reading all I could about it until the late 70's and early 80's. My father was an an amature astronomer. He one told me about a star that was extremely bright, motionless, then took off and made erratic turns. He thought it was one of ours but this was in the late 60's. I believed him at the time but have come to learn that he was wrong.
By the way, the older I get the more skeptical I become, I question everthing. This is called wisdom I believe. Not to boost my ego,I just want people to jumble 2 thoughts at the same time and come up with thier own point of view.
Thanx for reading. Dont just follow blindly Art Bell, and the fantastic stories of John Lear, come to your own conclusion. There are a lot of people , Bob lazzar, Dan Burish, who are just plain full of dung.
[edit on 1-11-2008 by tommyb98201]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Absolutely!

I saw my first UFO when i was 6 ,about 30 odd years ago!

I can still remember it vividly,it was like six dart like red lights moving in a tight circular spinning motion.

I told my Dad about it,but he said i must have imagined it!

I am not sure an imagined memory would still be so vivid after this length of time!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yep, in the 90's in england as a young adult, i had a passing interest as it was hardly on tv. I had beyond top secret written by that english author. I found ats in around 2003, i would think, when i was looking for stuff on mind control and ufos. I was into those two subjects at first.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Obviously, I believe that there are objects (for lack of a better definition) that can be seen in the sky, inside or outside of Earth's atmosphere, that are not identified, so I believe in UFOs.

I have never seen anything that I considered an UFO, but I know people who did, and I do not remember when I started being interested in UFOs, maybe sometime in the 70s, it was in 1977 that I heard the first account of the two I speak above.

As for aliens, I also find it more likely that they exist than that they do not exist somewhere in this universe (or even in other universes), but I am still looking and waiting for a connection between aliens and UFOs that clears more muddles things.

And no, my opinion has not changed in these four years I have been on ATS.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I did not and I still do not. I have found no evidence to suggest anything different.
I think it is far more likely there are normal,everyday explanations for events people attribute to aliens.
As a skeptic, you cannot rely on personal accounts of what people saw. One logical fallacy, which I see quite a bit on ATS, is when people rely on the opinion of a person who is an "expert" in a field of study. Because they are and expert, they are then above reproach and their views cannot be questioned. IF an astronaut says it was an aliens spacecraft...well, then it must be.
Another fallacy I see quite often, is when people jump to a conclusion too soon. They are looking for UFO's or aliens and right off the start they eliminate the idea it can be anything else.
well, we know it wasn't a plane or a helicopter so it must be a UFO.
You can't do that and truly be a skeptic.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
At the age of 7, my mum pulled me out of bed all excited and wanting me to see something, I remember a huge brilliant light in the sky as we looked out of our front room window.

Suddenly with gasps from neighbors who were also out in the street also watching, two more lights, almost like they where in sync, came one from high above, the second from far to the left, the rushed towards the original light, at what I can only describe as the smoothest, quickest, intelligently controlled, fantastic way I have ever seen.

The three lights became one, and began to slowly move, suddenly the light swung around in a tight circle and zipped away very fast, not long after, had to have been no more than 10 mins, people were talking about an earthquake, I remember my mum talking to me back in bed, and telling me never to forget that day, as it was a fantastic day for everyone in the world, and little kids tend to listen t their mums (back then they did anyhow)

It always stuck with me that day, and as I got older, I started researching UFO's trying to find out what happened that day, What I discovered convinced me that there was not a chance that UFO's where not real.

I discovered that the night my mother took me to see that light over Liverpool UK, an Object was witnessed by many people, reporting what they had seen, a little different to what I remembered, but that one event proved to me without a shadow of a doubt Alien UFO's existed.

Very shortly after the sighting over Liverpool, people felt an earthquake, just a small one, then news began to show in the next few days , of a UFO which was reported to crash near Bala North Wales, reports showed it coincided with the earthquake.

How do I know I was 7? because on January 23rd 1974 almost one month after my 7th Birthday THIS HAPPENED

This incident became my first investigation, nearly 9 years later.

I've only seen UFO's myself twice since then, last one being last year, which was also to be featured by UFO Hunters, but illness prevented my meeting with the film crew in Cardiff in September this year.

Needless to say if I get back on my feet, I will be out investigating again, fingers crossed, so yes i guess you can say I believed in UFO's before i came to ATS, in fact I have been convinced they are not terrestrial before ATS was a twinkle in the eyes of SimonGray.

And in all honesty, I don't care who believes or not, thats their call, I don't need to try and convince anyone, nor could anyone else convince me otherwise, sure I am convinced the Military have their own versions of Alien vehicles, but what I and many others saw that night was not from this world I promise you, I suppose I can also say that what happened that night, went a long way to what some are seeing today, in the shape of Top Secret rip - offs, there have been other events, but they belong to me, I cant let others tarnish my experiences with pathetic sad excuses and ignorance as we used to call it on ATS.

Summer 2008 the year ATS became just another forum, and allowed silly children to rule the roost.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join