It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bread, the Bible and the Atkins diet banter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The word "bread" appears 260+ times in the Bible.

This got me to thinking. Then Food network did a weird show on Ancient Recipies and Foods of the Bible. Oddly, at the end, the host kind of chastized our eating ...but that is neither here nor there.

Anyway, I typically don't do mainstream dissections of Bible prophesy. But, I started thinking.

I thought about how Jesus fed 500 with 5 loaves of bread. I started thinking about our unhealthy diet of sugars and processed foods.. about the new atkins diet rage.. about how humans only ate maybe 1 serving of meat/fish or poultry a day. And how for centuries bread was the staple of most diets. Some had rice...

I started thinking about all of the illusions to Jesus being the bread of life.. and other verses (I know there is one about a food being outlawed or made unclean in the end times.. I just cant find it)

Biblical Vegetarianism

I always look for answers in the things around me and believe everything happens for a reason.. who knows, the national carbohydrates council could have sponsered the television show I saw last night.. but it just seems that the Bible tells us over and over to not eat meat.. are the emerging dietary patterns of the US and the world (look at obesity in Italy due to Americanized diets) a sign to the end times?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the Kristjan community is always looking for "sings of the end times". The big problem here is that, god himself said that no one will ever know the day when he will return to cast judgement. Due to this statement, that day of judgement will never come, because kristjans are always pointing at things saying, "look, it's a sing of end times, it's getting near". Everytime they say that, they are predicting "his" arrival. This in turn will make him back off and not show up, because if he were to show up when someone "knew he would", he would be proven falible and therefore nullify krisjianity altogether.

So for any kristjan wanting end times to hurry up and get here, you need to hush on it and just let it happen. Me, I don't worry about end times, cause if kristjianity is the only way to move ahead, I will be going to the hell that kristjans believe in.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No. The Bible doesn't tell you not to eat meat. In Genesis it actually states:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

According to the Bible, God put the animals on the Earth to sustain man.

The only foods that the Bible forbids are in Leviticus and most of those were banned because they were dangerous. Bugs, lizards, shellfish, and pork were all a surefire way of contracting food poisoning. Cooking techniques and food science just wasn't high on the agenda back then. Funnily enough, eating locusts and beetles was deemed acceptable - they'd probably been eating those for years and knew they had no adverse affect.

Everything else regarding food in the Bible has a deeper meaning than purely one of sustenance.
Unleavened bread really became the symbolic food due to Moses and Aaron. But it has pagan origins.
The reason "bread" appears so often is because it was actually chosen to represent God. All cults and religions prior, had the ritual of becoming one with God by symbollically eating or drinking a food. Some used wine, some animal flesh and some unleavened bread.

Even Jesus tells his disciples to partake of his flesh. He doesn't mean literally eat him. What he was saying was "partake of the ceremonial food, understand it's symbolic meaning, become a part of me and see what I see, do what I do".

The practice wasn't exclusively Christian as I stated before. The Egyptian Book of The Dead contains references to a holy communion.

"He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he may be made one with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation", wasn't said by Jesus. It was said by Mithras.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GanjaGoddess
Anyway, I typically don't do mainstream dissections of Bible prophesy. But, I started thinking.

... I started thinking about our unhealthy diet of sugars and processed foods.. about the new atkins diet rage.. about how humans only ate maybe 1 serving of meat/fish or poultry a day. And how for centuries bread was the staple of most diets. Some had rice...

Biblical Vegetarianism

I always look for answers in the things around me and believe everything happens for a reason.. who knows, the national carbohydrates council could have sponsered the television show I saw last night.. but it just seems that the Bible tells us over and over to not eat meat.. are the emerging dietary patterns of the US and the world (look at obesity in Italy due to Americanized diets) a sign to the end times?

I agree with IAP. Why are people always looking for hints as to the end of time. It seems a better use of time to live your live as weel as you can. If an end will come, which I doubt, there is little you could do. Better to live a good life and not obsess about what may happen.

Why would you look to the bible for your dietary needs? The world was a far different place back when the bible was said to have been written.
You cannot compare 2000 years ago with today. They had no supermarkets or refrigeration. Farming was not as it is today.

Furthermore, the US is becoming more and more OBESE because people are eating more and more empty calories, such as white rice, white wheat and white sugar. Not because we eat too much meat.
All these highly refined white foods play havoc with our bodies causing obesity and diabetes, and probably other disease. There is huge profit to be made from selling all this "food"--it's cheap filler and you are hungry more often than if you ate a diet of whole grains, fruits, veggies, and meat products.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Problem really isn't the bread, not to mention most of biblical bread was Unleavened (spelling?). Its the Processed Crap that's in the food. That cause the fatness. Its the Sugars that mess up your blood stream, Up until the 50's this was not an issue. We were still Garden Market Farm type fruits, Vegs and bread. But now it is, And any of these diets South Beach etc. are worried more about Processed Foods than anything, Fruit, Bread made from Wheat not white flour , vegs.
And High protein meats, Fish , Chicken Etc.

Also Fish is the most abundant food in the world Cattle and other type meats where outta of reach for most people in ancient Times, and the reason people ate bread and rice etc, is because its cheap, and until the potato was the cheapest way to stay alive.
Note* Hungry people tend to be skinny =).. Doesnt have alot to do with the bible or end of times just to do with thats all they had to eat.

Bottom line Meat is what allowed our brains to grow larger , protein. This is science fact, (if you believe in evolution).

Also Bible people. Dint god tell Adam etc. to live with the animals not eat them and until NOAH got out of the boat, God said we can eat animals.?

That was kinda a rant but I think you get what I'm saying

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Unfortunately, the Kristjan community is always looking for "sings of the end times". The big problem here is that, god himself said that no one will ever know the day when he will return to cast judgement.

You leave out alot of that verse. Let's put it in perspective, eh?

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alertF! You do not know when that time will come. 34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. 35"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back--whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: `Watch!'

In that verse, it says.. be alert! Watch! We may not know the exact date, but there will be signs.

True Christians dont long for that day, but we dont fear it either.

Amos 5: 18Woe to you who long for the day of the Lord! Why do you long for the day of the Lord? That day will be darkness, not light. 19It will be as though a man fled from a lion only to meet a bear, as though he entered his house and rested his hand on the wall only to have a snake bite him.

So for any kristjan wanting end times to hurry up and get here, you need to hush on it and just let it happen. Me, I don't worry about end times, cause if kristjianity is the only way to move ahead, I will be going to the hell that kristjans believe in.

Very rebellious with your spelling, eh?
When I was young and rebelling against God it was "Xtian". The X nullifying the cross in some weird character meme. I suggest as a whole, that we dont worry about the End Times, each moment of any given day is a possible end time. But I do suggest we discuss possibilities regarding life and death.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As for your passages on the coming of the end times, it depends on the denomination you are with as to what you are taught, so, being as I was baptist when I was taught all about the kristjan god, I will give you that arguement without debate, as I can not truely attest to what you were taught through your denomination. When I was baptist, we were taught that, even with that passage, being WATCHFUL, meant to remain faithful to god and not faulter to being tempted by satan. The actual day of his coming was the subject, in which we were taught merely that no person could ever predict it, and when people do predict it, they are making it to where it will definitely NOT happen on that day.

The term "True Christian" is one of debate. What is a "True Christian"????? Lutherans think they are, as do Methodists, Baptists, etc etc. Most of the denominations have differing beliefs in one or more parts of "the word", thus meaning only one of them could be a "True Christian". A definition of this term would be most helpful.

Actually, it is not done in rebellion. I am 26 and quite comfortable with the fact that I have chosen a direction other than Kristjianity, seeing as I was kicked out of three churches by age 13 because they did not agree with my views and beliefs. I use the term Kristjan, as this is the way it was spelled by those when the Kristjans where starting to move in on those who followed the Celtic religions, and the ways of the Norse mythologies ( as well as other polytheistic pagan religions). Please refrain from the knee-jerk reactions when you do not understand why someone uses a term or terms. The best policy for learning new things is to ask, not to jump to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Leveller,
Didn't look at that link at all, huh?

But lets look at your verse in its entirety:
And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is a living soul, I have given every green herb for food: and it was so."

That wasnt saying he was giving us their flesh.. he was talking about how he gave them green herbs for food.

Then comes Genesis 9:3.. he only gave us meat after the fall, cause we messed up and got kicked out of Eden.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

But look at Romans 14:21
It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause any man to stumble.

Daniel 1:11-16
Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over him: "Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see." So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days. At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their meat and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

Obviously, some parts of the Bible dont revere meat.

Some, namely the Essenes, believe that there is an additional noncanonized gospel called the Gospel of 12 that even says:
6. And Iscariot said unto him, Master, behold the unleaven bread, the mingled wine and the oil and the herbs, but where is the lamb that Moses commanded? (for Judas had bought the lamb, but Iesus had forbidden that it should be killed).7. And John spake in the Spirit, saying, Behold the Lamb of God, the good Shepherd which giveth his life for the sheep. And Judas was troubled at these words, for he knew that he should betray him. But again Judas said, Master, is it not written in the law that a lamb must be slain for the passover within the gates?8. And Iesus answered, If I am lifted up on the cross then indeed shall the lamb be slain; but woe unto him by whom it is delivered into the hands of the slayers; it were better of him had he not been born.9. Verily I say unto you, for this end have I come into the world, that I may put away all blood offerings and the eating of the flesh of the beasts and the birds that are slain by men. 10. In the beginning, God gave to all, the fruits of the trees, and the seeds, and the herbs, for food; but those who loved themselves more than God, or their fellows, corrupted their ways, and brought diseases into their bodies, and filled the earth with lust and violence.

The reason "bread" appears so often is because it was actually chosen to represent God.

Perhaps I didnt phrase it correctly, but one of the points of my post was the reference to bread and it's importance in the Bible.

There are also more verses saying to abstain from meat then those used to justify meat consumption. After the banishment, the Lord gave us some additional help with meat. But the animals we eat were also supposed to be our companions. We were supposed to eat them with reverence and respect. That no longer happens.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I agree with IAP. Why are people always looking for hints as to the end of time. It seems a better use of time to live your live as weel as you can. If an end will come, which I doubt, there is little you could do. Better to live a good life and not obsess about what may happen.

Why would you look to the bible for your dietary needs? The world was a far different place back when the bible was said to have been written.
You cannot compare 2000 years ago with today. They had no supermarkets or refrigeration. Farming was not as it is today.

Furthermore, the US is becoming more and more OBESE because people are eating more and more empty calories, such as white rice, white wheat and white sugar. Not because we eat too much meat.
All these highly refined white foods play havoc with our bodies causing obesity and diabetes, and probably other disease. There is huge profit to be made from selling all this "food"--it's cheap filler and you are hungry more often than if you ate a diet of whole grains, fruits, veggies, and meat products.

I never said that the processing of foods had nothing to do with it. But I find the stigma related with carbohydrates to be ridiculous in our society today. Our largest diet craze it to eat nothing but protein, to somehow shock our body into ketosis.

You are correct, the world was a much different place when the Bible was written.. but that by no means nullifies the type of food that is healthy to put into ones body. Yes, I could see where there could be advances, but the levels of pesticide and chemicals like dioxin found in our meat are appauling. We have no respect for the temple of our body. To me, that is a sign of the times.

My contention is that the white rice and the pasta are insignificant in the scope of what our diets are doing to our body with the amount of meat we consume.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ganjagoddess i don't mean to make light of your topic..it's rather interesting...and it makes me think twice of this joke i had posted, sorry I couldn't help it:

BREAD KILLS!!!!! Conspiracy????

[Edited on 3-29-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
As for your passages on the coming of the end times, it depends on the denomination you are with as to what you are taught, so, being as I was baptist when I was taught all about the kristjan god, I will give you that arguement without debate, as I can not truely attest to what you were taught through your denomination. When I was baptist, we were taught that, even with that passage, being WATCHFUL, meant to remain faithful to god and not faulter to being tempted by satan. The actual day of his coming was the subject, in which we were taught merely that no person could ever predict it, and when people do predict it, they are making it to where it will definitely NOT happen on that day.

Interesting. Of course our perception and society help carve our interpretation of Bible theory. But, nonetheless, there are many people of various denominations that align with the theory..

Acts 2:17 "`In the last days, God says, I will pour out
my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.19I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. 20The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. 21And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Or..
Matthew 24: 3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" 4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. 15"So when you see standing in the holy place `the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand-- 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. (etc)

The term "True Christian" is one of debate. What is a "True Christian"????? Lutherans think they are, as do Methodists, Baptists, etc etc. Most of the denominations have differing beliefs in one or more parts of "the word", thus meaning only one of them could be a "True Christian". A definition of this term would be most helpful.

A True follower of Christ

Actually, it is not done in rebellion. I am 26 and quite comfortable with the fact that I have chosen a direction other than Kristjianity, seeing as I was kicked out of three churches by age 13 because they did not agree with my views and beliefs.

Did you ever read the Bible for yourself? Not just through the eyes of others.

I use the term Kristjan, as this is the way it was spelled by those when the Kristjans where starting to move in on those who followed the Celtic religions, and the ways of the Norse mythologies ( as well as other polytheistic pagan religions). Please refrain from the knee-jerk reactions when you do not understand why someone uses a term or terms. The best policy for learning new things is to ask, not to jump to conclusions.

I'd ask you to do the same. I was just attempting a joke, sharing a little reminiesce of my own rebellion against God.

So, you are of Celtic ancestry.. or are you a recent admirer of one of their earth religions? Perhaps I am presumptuous in thinking that spelling Christian in any other language then the one that you spell the rest of your comment in is a little tounge in cheek rebellion. One of the downfalls of the digital mire, eh?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
ganjagoddess i don't mean to make light of your topic..it's rather interesting...and it makes me think twice of this joke i had posted, sorry I couldn't help it:

[Edited on 3-29-2004 by worldwatcher]

Trust me, Im not ready to write off meat as the food of the antichrist or anything. I think your link is fabulous! If it wasnt so damn funny of a concept, one could see ridiculous implications in this topic.

I just wonder if there are any implications at all.

Ya know?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I actually follow more of a path of the Native American Shaman. I have NA blood, and follow the path to connect to my roots. I also have many other beliefs and my "religion" of sorts is a conglomeration of beliefs from different parts of the world. As far as spelling it in the old way, I do this to show not so much a rebellion against the religion (as my family is entirely baptist, and my wife and her family are entirely lutheran) but more to keep with the roots of where my practices come from.

I admire your gusto when dealing with the likes of people like me. I am one who believes any religion is right, and each person must follow the path that is right for them. I am as happy for a Kristjan following their religion as I am for myself for following my path, albeit an eclectic path.

As far as longevity in my practices, I have been practicing earth based religion my entire life. Even when I was a baptist. I had just not recognized this fact until I was about 18.

And to answer your question about the bible, I have read it for myself many times, all the more reason to leave that part of my life behind. In fact, I read the entire bible, from beginning to end, about a years and a half ago to see if there was any more relevence to me now than when I had read it as a teen. I had read the bible one other time in it's entirety after being kicked from my third church, just to see why the people in the church did not want me there. I did find, that it is no more relevent to me now than it was then.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I never said that the processing of foods had nothing to do with it. But I find the stigma related with carbohydrates to be ridiculous in our society today. Our largest diet craze it to eat nothing but protein, to somehow shock our body into ketosis.

You need to check your facts here. One of the biggest misconceptions about low carb diets is that we eat nothing but protein. Nothing could be further from the truth. There IS NO low carb diet made up of ONLY protein. Vegetables make up a large part of a low carb diet. Fruit is eaten in smaller quantities.
The first two weeks of atkins, called induction, restricts the amount of carbs you can eat. Two weeks, only.
Many other low carb diets have no induction and are less restrictive as to the amount of carbs allowed.

My contention is that the white rice and the pasta are insignificant in the scope of what our diets are doing to our body with the amount of meat we consume.

White rice and white flour products are a big problem for our bodies! All the nutrition is removed from the grain. Basically, all you are left with is paste. Yum!
And, as far as chemicals in meat, don't kid yourself that those chemicals in white bread and Chef Boy R Dee are good for you.
To say nothing of HFCS, which is in almost all processed food.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ganja Goddess.

Much of what is pertinent to the subject has been posted here already. I'm not going to try to argue over the Bible passages as with reflection it could be argued either way. For example: Daniel's allusion is to "royal food". I think that the word "royal" holds the key to translation there rather than the actual content of the food.

Food sources were much different in early history. The bread allusion is purely based on Pagan rituals. It was an easy food source to supply and therefore took head of place in rituals. It was also deemed inoffensive to most people as it had no cultural clash with any other religion - the whole world eats bread.

It really doesn't matter what the Bible says about what you can and can't eat. As I've pointed out, nearly everything that was forbidden was done so for purposes of health.

There are some religions which promote vegetarianism - Buddhism being one, but it is plain that Jesus ate meat and so did the earlier tribes of Israel.

Not eating meat or dieting has no basis in the Bible. The only specification is that a person should not be greedy and take more than he needs.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

make sure and watch out for that dihydrogen monoxide, too

on topic, it's an interesting thought. but, I really doubt God gets involved with crazy diet fads. five or ten years ago the 'light' and 'low fat' foods were the big thing, earlier than that it was all about the sugar-free stuff, and now it's low carb. I think it's more about us seeking easy answers rather than dealing with the lousy reality of eating less and moving more.
although the whole 'face reality and lose weight the real way' could very well be hidden in the bible

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

make sure and watch out for that dihydrogen monoxide, too

on topic, it's an interesting thought. but, I really doubt God gets involved with crazy diet fads. five or ten years ago the 'light' and 'low fat' foods were the big thing, earlier than that it was all about the sugar-free stuff, and now it's low carb. I think it's more about us seeking easy answers rather than dealing with the lousy reality of eating less and moving more.
although the whole 'face reality and lose weight the real way' could very well be hidden in the bible

I bet some jewish scholar could find it hidden in the Torah Code.

I think maybe my point is being missed in all this.

At essence, the question is: Are there biblically good foods and biblically bad foods? Are those foods scientifically sound?

In buddhism, they believe that you consume the suffering of an animal when you eat its flesh. In essence, you take it as part of you in more then a metabolical way. The Bible says that the Lord gave us these things to help us, but have we abused that? Are we truly cognizant as a society of anything other then excess? Is this truly babylon?

Diet is one of the basic needs.. food, shelter, clothing and water. Some would argue love is a 5th need. So are diets like the atkins diet.. or the sugar busters.. or zone.. or whatever.. symptoms? I mean, they had fasting.. then there was the dexitrim/ slimfast craze of the 80s.. then portion control in the 90s. And now, there is no semblance of true health in our diets as we keep marginalizing food groups and the true psychology of excercise is lost. We have lost the relationship with each other (How many neighbors do you talk to on a daily basis?) We are drastically losing the relationships with our own bodies, for lack of use and care.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And now, there is no semblance of true health in our diets as we keep marginalizing food groups and the true psychology of excercise is lost. We have lost the relationship with each other (How many neighbors do you talk to on a daily basis?) We are drastically losing the relationships with our own bodies, for lack of use and care.

Well, you could put all the blame on technology. All the stuff that technology gave us took away from our relationship with our bodies. We modernized ourselves to this point.
There are some who would agaraue that this alienation of our bodies is part of NWO agenda.

I truly do not understand what you mean by good foods and bad foods in the bible.
The point of the bible was not to tell us what to eat. I think folks tend to analyze the bible waaaaay too nuch

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I truly do not understand what you mean by good foods and bad foods in the bible.
The point of the bible was not to tell us what to eat. I think folks tend to analyze the bible waaaaay too nuch

Nevermind. This is obviously not the place.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

LEV 11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomina- tion: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
LEV 11:14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
LEV 11:15 Every raven after his kind;
LEV 11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
LEV 11:17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
LEV 11:18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
LEV 11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapw- ing, and the bat.
DEU 14:11 Of all clean birds ye shall eat.
DEU 14:12 But these are they of which ye shall not eat: the ea- gle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
DEU 14:13 And the glede, and the kite, and the vulture after his kind,
DEU 14:14 And every raven after his kind,
DEU 14:15 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
DEU 14:16 The little owl, and the great owl, and the swan,
DEU 14:17 And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cor- morant,
DEU 14:18 And the stork, and the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
LEV 11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
LEV 11:21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
LEV 11:22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
LEV 11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

There's plenty more if you care to look.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join