It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bread, the Bible and the Atkins diet banter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
RANT,

Thanks for the feedback.. So, from that list.. our diet has obviously been effected, or perhaps it goes back even deeper then the Bible.. both are decent theories. We eat ducks but not eagles or owls. We eat hares tho.. and we don't eat very much fish at all: Link to chart.

If you look at the statistics, we have gained about 20 lbs of red meats on average, per capita since 1910. 38 lbs of chicken. 13 lbs of turkey.. Our intake of meat has grown 61% in 90 years!

A paper on hunter gatherer evolution

However, many of the Bible passages I have listed above point us away from consuming meat. Although I agree that our sugar intake has increased, it has only went up by 5%..

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Lets be realistic if getting into statistics on what people are eating. This can only be calculated by what people are buying.

Meat has gone up due to new diet plans that make people stay away from carbs (Atkins) etc. eat create more meat intake. There is also the fact that so many people are using so many different pesticides on veggies, that many people have stopped eating them due to fears about the pesticides.

There are a large number of people that have begun growing their own veggie gardens to avoid the nasty pesticides. This will not show in your stats. Most of the stats, if not all, are going to come from markets that keep track of what people are buying. If they grow thier own, then they won't be buying them right?

Personally, I prefer to buy my meat (unless I get enough deer to hold me for a year during hunting season) but grow my own veggies. My wife and I grow enough (generally) for us, my inlaws, and even sell some when we grow too much. Thus, anything tracked that we buy will be meat only. Not only does the fact the we grow our own veggies mean it will not be tracked at the supermarket, but it also tastes better as there are no pesticides etc. Many people have gone this route, especially in rural areas.

Yes, meat intake has gone up, however, I highly doubt that it is as high as 61%. Probably closer to around 25 - 30%.

Not to mention, the list ONLY shows meat consumption, and does not include any info about veggies, breads, grains, fruits, etc thus making it one sided.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho[/i

Yes, meat intake has gone up, however, I highly doubt that it is as high as 61%. Probably closer to around 25 - 30%.
[Edited on 30-3-2004 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

Meat has increased 61% in weight of intake per capita in the US on an average, comparing the number from the decade of the 90s and the 10s.

As for the rest, it doesnt really address the question. Most people do not hunt their own meat, they purchase it at the store, so the quality of the statistics is the best way to gather said statistics.

And the point is that the atkind diet has increased meat consumption.

The question is.. what does that say about the current times? Is it relational? Is it relevant? I contend that it is. Maybe I need to take this to a debate forum.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow good timing, i was just reading some of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Essene Gospel of Peace.

For your body is that which you eat, and your spirit is that which you think. Eat nothing, therefore, which a stronger fire than the fire of life has killed. Wherefore, prepare and eat all fruits of trees, and all grasses of the fields, and all milk of beasts good for eating.

The Truth Seeker

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.topix.com...

yes i think i started the Dihydrogen monoxide thing

it goes to show how easily people can be miss lead

i got a few links on that topix thread

www.nowpublic.com...

www.iris.edu...

quake.usgs.gov...

the us government is not lieing they are just not telling the whole truth aka the truth with a big hole in it

why this info is no more sensitive than a weather report unless there is more than meets the eye and if there is nothing to hide the best way to shut this down is full disclosure that is not something the us government is good at but the ok nasa hiding stuff ok the usgs hiding something makes you wonder usgs

www.usgs.gov...

whats next the www.weather.gov... hiding something

who like google i do i started the Dihydrogen monoxide thing

www.topix.com... their the world will know reel or hoax they will know we will work together to find out how ever some poeple like to be like sheep and sit around and do nothing and believe what they are told just because it has a big name atatched to it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join