It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone should investigate this location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I see all these ghost hunting shows on tv, and they always investigate the same places. It's never anything new. I have a brilliant place for someone to investigate. It's the Eureka Theater in Eureka, California a small town in humboldt county.

My dad used to be the manager at this movie theater, and we lived in the apartment on the top level of the theater when I was young. There were stories of many people who had died there, including a young girl who was supposedly pushed off the balcony by a spirit, a man who fell to his death while building the theater, and a couple other stories.

While we lived there, there were plenty of strange things that occured. Numberous employees left with no explanation, or were so terrified they never came back. One employee told my dad that when the theater was about to close for the night, and the last movie had played, she went to go clean up the theater and there was an old man still sitting in a chair. So she told him he had to go because the theater was closing, and he just looked up at her without saying anything. She looked away and one second later, he was gone.

Another time, my brothers were bouncing a bouncy ball against the screen, and were seeing how high they could bounce it. Out of no where, something came out of the curtain above the screen and grabbed the ball. Needless to say we ran out screaming.

My brother was chased up the stairs by a ghost.

I saw a spirit in the shape of an enormous spider and it was crawling up the bed towards me, and at the same time I looked to my right, and out of the bathroom a small white figure with no features was walking out towards me.

The janitor who worked nights would play 3 stereos at the same time every night because he said it confused the ghosts, and he would hide behind mirrors because he said the ghosts wouldnt find him there.

In one of the theater rooms, once the lights went off you could see the impression of someone pushing against the wall from the inside of the wall. But once the lights turned on, nothing was there.

One employee was so terrified he ran out and threw his keys on the ground and never mentioned what happened to him.

We came home one day to see our hampsters dead laying side by side next to eachother.

So those are just a few of the things that happened there. It is truly a creepy place with plenty of history, and I believe now it is a performing arts theater. but someone needs to investigate this place. It has a very strange atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Also here are some old photos from the theater. As you can see it's had some history.

www.eurekatheater.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

wow...i'd say this place has some negative energy...

how long did you and the family live there?

either way, good to see you sharing your story - I would say the majority of us have had something "odd" occur in our life at one time or another....

energy can definitely be left behind after a traumatic death - total opinion, but a good one me thinks...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We lived there for a few years. I was very very young, so I dont remember a lot, but I do remember those very distinct occurances. I could never forget the things that happened there. It was a creepy kind of place. Very old and you could just sense that there was a lot of strange energy there. I'm so suprised no one has ever mentioned the theater because when we lived there all the time moviegoers would tell us that they experienced strange things there as well , like seeing shadows or figures out of the corner of their eyes. But I was looking it up on google and there was absolutely nothing about the place being haunted.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Do you have any current pictures to compare?
What's that show called.... ghost hunters..oh, T.A.P.S.
I bet that would make an excellent show. Maybe too you can pull a finders fee for the idea.

Really Really creepy.

"The Eureka Reporter article updates the restoration and workers have uncovered some interesting details during the ongoing restoration of this theatre.
www.eurekareporter.com...
posted by Gregg on Feb 1, 2004 at 3:22pm"
cinematreasures.org...

Link returns: Error 404.

Subsequently-a theater volunteer states:
"For those of you who are wondering what those )))interesting details((( are that Gregg is talking about, according to Gregg, they have uncovered the upstairs mural." (...)

It struck me odd, that you claim there is no *findable* data on the happenings; the news article is pulled; and a theater volunteer chimes up what Gregg meant to say, I mean...what he said; only that is not what he said that is what the volunteer says his stance is.

hmmm.....coverup?

Ya Think?

Good find!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

new topics

top topics

join