It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police Investigate Fake Election Flyer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
citizenship test not that easy....well not for someone born here.

Yes, POTUS can make laws.....(executive orders) give me 5 lines how they are different if you want. (in effect)

Brilliant idea about removing the R and D from the ballots. Both parties would be pissed and against this....frauds that they are.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
OK, one thing I've noticed in the posts here is the assumption that these people who are recieving these flyers and may fall prey to them are idiots or stupid. The flyers say they are from the Virginia State Board of Elections and that an emergency measure was passed to split the voting up due to high registration and expected voter turn out. They even include the State Board of Elections seal and look very authentic. With all the news media outlets reporting that the voter turn out is supposed to be massive in this election cycle, and given the 'authenticity' that these flyers seem to carry, it's not too outrageous to think that they were authentic. Don't put this on the misguided voters, put the blame where it belongs, on the scum sucking, unamerican, unpatriotic, treasonous dirt bags who made and distributed this trash! I would personally like to attach jumper cables to their gonads and juice them up!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Jumper cables and gonads? Now that's an image worth speding time with.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yes in America is plenty of dumb and stupid that believes anything.

But that doesn't bother me what it bothers me is how now a joke is tag a criminal act.

God figure, at least stupidity can be cure, the police state is here to stay.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

JOKE???? Are you frakkin' kidding me??? This is not a joke, it's a frakkin' crime! This is blatant tampering with the election, and if you can't seem to see the seriousness of something like this, might I recommend you expatriate yourself for the good of the rest of the nation! The criminals who did this deserve to go to prison and I hope they 'drop the soap' often so they can get the same treatment they are trying to do to the voters they were trying to trick!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Oh my!!! Where to begin. I like to beleive here in the U.S we have various levels of stupid, and I will have to consider at what level I would place your comment of this only being a joke.

This incident is not what my country is about, it's desperate and illegal.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Why are you picking on RR when you have morons making idiotic, baiting statements, like...

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
Republicans don't fall for this because no Democrat would ever do something like this.

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
RR enjoys his 3 hours of daily Dittohead nirvana with Rush. There are alot out there that do.

Or equally moronic things like how Bush did damage that is going to take 20 years to repair. It's like children arguing.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure how checked the power is, but executive orders are not supposed to be used to create laws.

According to Wikipedia...
Executive Order

However, the Supreme Court ruled in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952) that Executive Order 10340 from President Harry S. Truman placing all steel mills in the country under federal control was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution. Presidents since this decision have generally been careful to cite which specific laws they are acting under when issuing new executive orders.

Presidents abuse this power, of course. However, I don't think, for instance, they would actually be able to begin tax reform through them (I could be wrong though).

As for the citizenship test - no doubt. I work with a guy who's taking it soon. I printed him out some stuff and hopefully he'll pass. I was impressed with what he knew. Most Americans don't know most of the stuff he knew, plus he knew some things I didn't. Had to shake his hand on that.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Is a trend in America to keep the public stupid, dumb and bickering like idiots, so they can not see the devious ways that our own government work.

The powers behind our government offers two puppet candidates like meat to a pack of wolves and then sit back watching the show.

And then you wonder why nobody can see the corruption. That is because people are too busy been dumb and stupid while fighting each other, but at the same time they can find time to be outrage about a joke.

God figure, if the same passion people show about misguided idolatry for party lines were used to keep the politicians in line perhaps our nation would not be in such a mess.

Its true that an idiot is born everyday.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Someone local puts up flyer's the day before every election in Spanish reminding the Hispanic community to make sure to bring id showing they are legal voters and that the INS would be doing random checks at the polling places.

And every years the local cops go to the English speaking media before the election and reports the hoax.

Then the day after the election they tell the Spanish media.

The cops also report to the media that they are investigating the flyer's.
but its been happening for years and no one has ever heard of a cop really doing a investigation.
and no one has ever been busted.

Some of us think its the cops putting up the flyer's.

we do have a problem with illegals voting in Calif and they mostly vote democratic.
www.fairus.org...
www.city-data.com...
libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com...
www.xanga.com...

[edit on 1-11-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Please explain to me what about this is a 'joke'. This flyer was distributed door to door and via e-mail, and intentionally made to look 'official'. How is trying to sway the vote in favor of one party and attempting to rob citizens of one of their basic rights in a democracy. What exactly is the 'punchline' of this 'joke'? Would you think that being robbed of your money a 'joke'? How is robbing someone of one of their basic rights a 'joke'?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
I recommend you expatriate yourself for the good of the rest of the nation!

After that quote I own you no explanations for what you obviously can not understand.

I rest my case and stand by my post, if what you want is to bait somebody for a contest of will I am not up to your game.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Why are you picking on RR when you have morons making idiotic, baiting statements, like...

Republicans don't fall for this because no Democrat would ever do something like this.

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
RR enjoys his 3 hours of daily Dittohead nirvana with Rush. There are alot out there that do.

Or equally moronic things like how Bush did damage that is going to take 20 years to repair. It's like children arguing.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Instead of stating something meaningful, you choose to throw around insults. Not surprising in the slightest. It is what I, and most ATSers, have come to expect from Republicans. We will be able to restore this country to its former position in the world in 20 years if we are LUCKY.

Look you were wrong to vote for Bush. He will, no, amazingly already has, gone down as the WORST president in American history. I know you are so proud. And yet, have you learned anything, NOPE. If you ever want to grow as a person, you have to allow yourself to be wrong from time to time. This is something that obviously you have yet to learn. You know Einstein would be ashamed that a person like you have in picture as your Avatar.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

ACORN IS SUPPORTED BY MCCAIN! www.diatribune.com... www.acorn.org...[tt_news]=22386&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12387&cHash=5706e23a2f So McCain supports ACORN...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What case? All you did was post that this attempted violation of voting rights was a joke! Like it was just a harmless prank or something! So go ahead and standby your nonsense, I could really care less. It just proves we need a non-Republican in the White House now more than ever!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Ignorance is a bliss

Until this day nobody has taken my right to vote as yet have you?

A joke is a joke is a joke.

And as for political parties I don't give a crap who wins the elections our political system is broken, corrupted and dirty and our politicians are nothing but whores in Washington parading themselves to their pimps the lobbyist.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
C'mon, Folks

There's way too much personal commentary in this thread. Let's please focus on the topic and leave the insults for someplace other than ATS.

Look at it this way: in just a few short days we can stop arguing about who should win and spend the next four years arguing over who should have won.

Not only that, but roughly half of us can enjoy the privilege of becoming fanatical supporters of the New Establishment, defending everything the new administration does no matter how criminal or unconstitutional.

Meanwhile, the other half can howl over how the election was stolen and become a new generation of staunch conspiracy theorists who will never recognize the legitimacy of the new government, no matter what.

Just like last time.

Either way you look at it, we'll have plenty to talk about, so let's try to keep it civil and not burn ourselves out too soon.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I don't think we share the same view of how painful reality is, seeing how I'm a supporter of it.

Instead of stating something meaningful, you choose to throw around insults.

I didn't insult you as much as shed a slight bit of light on your bullying, mob-based tactics, using your immature hanging of someone for their political beliefs instead of debating their points.

It is what I, and most ATSers, have come to expect from Republicans.

You made this "most ATSers" thing up.

We will be able to restore this country to its former position in the world in 20 years if we are LUCKY.

Irrelevant and completely unrelated.

Look you were wrong to vote for Bush.

1) I didn't

2) I consider him to have been a much better choice than any of the Democratic candidates, after analyzing their proposed policies and experience.

He will, no, amazingly already has, gone down as the WORST president in American history.

This is absolutely nonsensical and has no basis in reality. I suggest that you critically analyze other presidencies before you make statements like that. I know it's popular to, but come on, deny ignorance, think for yourself, the whole wonderful enlightenment thing.

I know you are so proud.

What?

And yet, have you learned anything, NOPE.

Are you done yet?

If you ever want to grow as a person, you have to allow yourself to be wrong from time to time.

Okay?

This is something that obviously you have yet to learn.

...Riiight. Hush.

You know Einstein would be ashamed that a person like you have in picture as your Avatar.

This makes absolutely no sense and I don't really think you thought very hard before you typed that. You're acting like you're either intoxicated or under the age of 14. No offense, of course.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I don't think we share the same view of how painful reality is, seeing how I'm a supporter of it.

Oh, I am a supporter of reality. However, I think it is obvious to most people enjoying this tread that each of us just lives in a different reality.

Instead of stating something meaningful, you choose to throw around insults.

I didn't insult you as much as shed a slight bit of light on your bullying, mob-based tactics, using your immature hanging of someone for their political beliefs instead of debating their points.

Where do you even get this stuff. If you check my post, I made points and you were the one who decided to insult them. Your debating tactics are really transparent. Not to mention ineffective.

It is what I, and most ATSers, have come to expect from Republicans.

You made this "most ATSers" thing up.

Well, this is only my opinion based on observances made lately. I will give you though that my opinion could be skewed by the threads I choose to read and contribute to.

We will be able to restore this country to its former position in the world in 20 years if we are LUCKY.

Irrelevant and completely unrelated.

It is not irrelevant. You said that I was wrong for making this statement, I evaluated your statement, then decided I was correct and restated my opinion.

Look you were wrong to vote for Bush.

1) I didn't

2) I consider him to have been a much better choice than any of the Democratic candidates, after analyzing their proposed policies and experience

Yeah right, If you did not vote for Bush then what, you did not vote at all? Moving on to your second point, you really thought Bush had better policies and more experience than Gore...give me break..."fuzzy math" ring any bells. With respect to John Kerry, I did not particularly like him either, but at least he could carry on an intelligent conversation.

He will, no, amazingly already has, gone down as the WORST president in American history.

This is absolutely nonsensical and has no basis in reality. I suggest that you critically analyze other presidencies before you make statements like that. I know it's popular to, but come on, deny ignorance, think for yourself, the whole wonderful enlightenment thing.

Your statement here shows an obvious lack of understanding about the times we are living in. If you do ten minutes worth of Google searching, you will discover that 98% of historians living today feel that George W. Bush has been the absolute worst president in history. This is not an opinion, it is a verifiable fact. I know you guys on the right really hate facts but, they do exist and are quite relevant.

You know Einstein would be ashamed that a person like you have in picture as your Avatar.

This makes absolutely no sense and I don't really think you thought very hard before you typed that. You're acting like you're either intoxicated or under the age of 14. No offense, of course.
[edit on 2-11-2008 by Johnmike]

Yeah, I will give you it was obviously getting a little late by the time I got to this statement. I had to read it a couple of times myself, something I should have done before posting it. lol

My statement should have read; You know, Einstein would be ashamed that a person like you has his picture as your Avatar.

Sorry for the mix up. But somehow, I think you knew what I was getting at.

Then, instead of addressing the point I was trying to make (in your defense, I did make it quite poorly), you proceeded to insult me personally and ended your post with "No offense." Absolutely priceless. The next time you accuse someone of acting like a juvenile, you might should think twice about using name calling to do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

...no Democrat would ever do something like this.

Really?

The
American Center for Voter Rights
would seem to disagree.

BOTH parties play dirty tricks equally and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

The site above has a report where a court injunction was issued against national Kerry-Edwards campaign staffers who were doing the exact same thing to Republicans.

Court Issues Injunction Against Democrat Operatives Targeting Ohio Voters With Phone Calls Providing Deceptive Information to Voters
Ohio voters who had identified themselves as Republicans received telephone calls telling them that the election was to be held a day later than Election Day, that their polling locations had been changed and that they could only vote if they brought four separate pieces of identification to the poll. This information was intentionally deceptive and intended to direct voters to a polling place where they would not be able to cast a ballot...
Ms. Chaffin became aware that Kerry-Edwards staffers were placing telephone calls to voters and giving out voting locations and “that the wrong polling location was being given.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join