It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops in DC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have heard unverified rumors about National Guard troops going to DC for now until February?

Then I found this, don't know if it is related.

www.princeofpetworth.com...?

Any ideas? Or is crime that bad in DC?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This has been popping up recently, especially in regards to domestic troop deployments.

I suppose this serves an example of what is (or isn't) being reported mainstream.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It's just getting more unbelievable with each passing day. One has to wonder what tomorrow will bring?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There has been many warning about the next 4-5 months. What is it all about? Any NG troops on ATS??

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
dc.gov...

DC NG DESCRIPTION:
Serves as additional protection for the District and federal governments during civil emergencies with the DC Metropolitan Police Department and other law enforcement. When called to duty, joins the ranks of the nation’s military forces.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
They have been/were deploying National Guard troops to help out in Chicago earlier this year. There was something of a quick blurb in either the local or national news about it. Reported by NBC/affiliate, if anyone wants to go hunting for it.

Edit: Found an article on it, turns out to have been proposed by Chicago mayor on getting nomination for Olympics.
www.stltoday.com...

[edit on 31-10-2008 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Near election times, especially in DC, beefing up security is nothing new and has been going on for decades.

After all, some upset people whose candidate lost may get a bit upset, lose their tempers, and decide to go on a trash-about. Like in LA, Liberty City, on and on.

Just a precaution. No NWO. No Bush takeover. No war on America.

Prudence.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You mean like the riots in DC when the Bush family stole..., err, won in 2004?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Since DC is not a state, who calls the national guard to action?

The mayor?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Good.

Sometimes the people get out of the control of the police and civilian agencies. More measures are needed to ensure the safety of the many, not the few.

A state governer can leverage his/her guard troops to augment the police in situations/operations/conditions he/she sees fit to make sure the state and local laws are enforced. This is not necessarily a break of "Posse Comitatus", but more so a measure to aid the police, who - if a law was broken - would do the arrest themselves, not the NG troops.

Don't worry.

This isn't the "Beginning of the End"...... have some tea, relax and get some rest.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't understand. I haven't looked, but I'm sure the record of the Electoral College is available online, and the results should speak for themselves.

You do realize that we in the Constitution don't have a right, among all the rights they gave to us as individuals, to vote a President into office. Our forefathers were very intuitive. The problem that our forefathers saw was that there are many people in a population too damned ignorant to vote by any rational, sane, prudent standard.

Therefore, the electoral college.

And if you doubt that we have millions of utterly stupid, unaware, uninformed people in America, just look at the sheer number of idiots in New Orleans who should have known that they lived below sea level, were warned to get out of town, told the hurricane was sure as hell coming, and warned that the levies wouldn't hold. So the dumbasses, too damned stupid and sorry to get off their lazy asses - some drowned, and others had to be rescued after a binge of looting.

Now, it's go Obama. Don't know why. Don't need to know why. Just gotta get the man in. Gimme something for doing nothing!

Stupidity is stupidity, and there's no helping it. Thank God our forefathers knew this and anticipated this.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Found it. The NG in DC is very different then the other 50 guard units:

The District of Columbia Army National Guard has a unique mission. Led by a Commanding General, it is the only Army National Guard organization activated by the President of the United States for natural and civil emergencies. Like all other Army National Guard units, the DC. Army National Guard continues to support the United States Army and its national security objectives. www.globalsecurity.org...

They could be called the "Presidents Militia"?..?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would assume these guys are there to police any 'Civil unrest' for Bush's departure and the new canidates inauguration

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

DC NG is Presidents "in country" army, is he now looking to beef up the battalion? Maybe Bush will stay in office to keep the country together during a "generated crisis"??

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've been hearing random reports (no details for me) of various kinds of troops stationed in various areas. But I don't know where.

Plus a friend of mine says she got spooked when she saw some military trucks (4 to 6) recently, but I think that could've been anything.

I mean, we already know there are 3000 - 4000 troops ready somewhere - the CCMRF's. With all the warnings and potentially messy situations going on, I think they all but know they are going to be put to use. I could be, and I hope I am, wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Must watch:

new topics

top topics

join