It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melamine may already be in global food chain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomInChains

Originally posted by die_another_day

Originally posted by Kliskey

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Chinese infants and left 54,000 children hospitalized just over a month ago, it is unlikely humans will get sick from melamine.

What?!

Chinese Babies are not human?

Lol that was just racist.

Either that was a Freudian slip or an intentional racist comment.

i think it was sarcasim because so many chinese babies where getting sick

It wasnt sarcasim they perhaps are reffering to all the animals that have had to be killed or actually died over being exposed. There are like 3 pork farms and 2 chicken farms in indiana that where closed because of tainted feeds. This doesnt even come close to all the domestic animals that died over this. Seems to me they where the testing grounds.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Are all these events just part of trade war against China?
Notice how children are always in the focus of these events(poisoned color on children toys,poisoned children food etc..).
Like someone (lets say goverment) wants to make us all afraid of chinese produtcs by spreading these news and playing on our worst fears(what is more valuable to the most of the people than their children?).
Im just wondering...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think I'm safe none of the food products I buy are from China,mostly local,I'm not a big eater of oriental food anyways I remember trying sushi once they tried serving it to me raw

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

Melamine may already be in global food chain

www.msnbc.msn.com

BEIJING - First it was baby milk formula. Then, dairy-based products from yogurt to chocolate.

Now chicken eggs have been contaminated with melamine, and an admission by state-run media that the industrial chemical is regularly added to animal feed in China fueled fears Friday that the problem could be more widespread, affecting fish, meat and who knows what else.

Peter Dingle, a toxicity expert at Murdoch University in Perth, Australia, said, however, that aside from the tainted baby formula that killed at least four Chinese infants and left 54,000 children hospitalized just over a month ago, it is unlikely humans will get sick from melamine.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Thanks xoxo stacie for a great thread.

To everyone believing the out of context quote,
"at least four Chinese infants and left 54,000 children hospitalized just over a month ago, it is unlikely humans will get sick from melamine",
and crying racism and babyism or whatever,
next time look at the source before reacting to a misleading troll.

The "aside from" considerably changes the meaning of the quote.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hardly trolling

I was pointing out that the text was implying that chines babies were being segregated from "humans" as a whole, as if they weren't apart of our race.

Similar to that of dividing people of different economical status.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Thanks, pureevil81, In a nation that now import more than we export is very hard and very expensive this days to no only find locally grown and organic food but also at affordable prices.

It seems that while food imports are cheaper America's grown are not.

Yeah, thanks again, I read alot of articles but do not feel
I have anything to contribute so I keep my mouth shut.

If I do have something to contribute often I am shouted
down for my opinion EVEN when I bring many links as evidence.

Thus my inclination to only post when I feel strongly about
something and have links to back it up.

Again, thanks for your diligence and intelligence !

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

China's FDA is corrupt and nearly everyone in it has been bribed. State governors have been bribed. Corporate leaders are happy. The Chinese people are dying because of food poisoning, Rest of the world is worried that they might get sick from Melamine as well.

How should we fix this?

Vote with your wallet.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

China's FDA is corrupt and nearly everyone in it has been bribed. State governors have been bribed. Corporate leaders are happy. The Chinese people are dying because of food poisoning, Rest of the world is worried that they might get sick from Melamine as well.

How should we fix this?

Vote with your wallet.

Yeah I voted with my wallet alright!!! I took ALL of my food that was made over there or in Japan back to the store and they gave me my money back. No questions asked, I just said I dont want this food in my house with all the problems going on with their supply.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A good place to begin in culling out products than are harmful is to go to a web site called: makebarcode.com any item w/the bar codes first three numbers begining w/ 690/691/or 693 come from China.The bar codes that have "BPA" in plastics are...3,6 and esp.7 look on the bottom of all plastic containers.Another helpful tip is to not get duped w/product labels that state "assembled in the USA" might be assembled here,but where did the parts come from? Let us not foreget all the lead in childrens toys;esp since the holliday season is on it's way.As a foot note here;I am sick that for the love of money there are people so sick out there.IMHO,those who support the destruction of the human race are the true ennimies! There is a nasty agenda going on and I am not going for their tainted kool-aide any longer!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beammeup

thank you very much for that information on the bar codes etc. I think that will help alot of us more easily find these products and make it possible for us to keep them away from our children.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Has anyone heard anymore about the reports that the usa is now saying that small amounts of Melamine is safe for you? I mean last year it was no amount is safe as once it gets into your body there is no getting it out...

Like 90% of the baby formula is contaminated and they arent doing anything? They did lie and tell everyone we dont get milk powder from china but still why is it now okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join