It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melamine may already be in global food chain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Melamine may already be in global food chain

www.msnbc.msn.com

BEIJING - First it was baby milk formula. Then, dairy-based products from yogurt to chocolate.

Now chicken eggs have been contaminated with melamine, and an admission by state-run media that the industrial chemical is regularly added to animal feed in China fueled fears Friday that the problem could be more widespread, affecting fish, meat and who knows what else.

Peter Dingle, a toxicity expert at Murdoch University in Perth, Australia, said, however, that aside from the tainted baby formula that killed at least four Chinese infants and left 54,000 children hospitalized just over a month ago, it is unlikely humans will get sick from melamine.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This has been going on for sometime. I have been trying to tell people but seems no one wanted to listen. Hopefully this will help.
Also Childrens Hospital Oakland is blaming this on SALT. Saying that the rise in kidney stones in children is due to SALT and not the fact that China contaminated the worlds food supply.
cbs5.com...

Today there was also reports out of Japan as having recieved Soy sauce,beans dodgy dumplings and mustards list goes on and is LONG;contaminated with toxins found normally in paint thiners etc.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

All I have to say is that we need to keep an eye on our children and ourselves it may take more to make an adult sick but with all the things that are showing up contaminated coming out of there you never know.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit to add link for second article

[edit on 31-10-2008 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A rise in kidney stones is seen in us children

wow this is bigger then i thought

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I opened this thread about the problem with the imports but as usual nobody cares about what is going on with our nations food supply I guess.

The FDA is Powerless to Stop Contaminated Imports.

In the summer of 2007, Congress sent a group of investigators to China to determine the safety of Chinese food imports. Their investigation exposed alarming results: Not only does China’s food supply not meet U.S. food standards, it also does not meet international standards.
Upon discovering the health violations, the investigators recommended that the United States “… not impose equivalent safety measures on food imported from China . . . because China would not meet those standards, which would close off Chinese food exports to America,” according to economist Pat Choate.
Since 2002 officials have testified that over 80 percent of active ingredients in U.S. prescription drugs are imported, yet the FDA only has information on a small minority of these companies. This means that the FDA cannot vow for the safety of our food or drugs, and that our leaders are well aware.
According to Choate, the United States now imports more food than we export.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.economyincrisis.org...

Our corporate owned media doesn't want the people to understand that in America we don't need terrorist to kill us, our free trade practices sponsored by our government will.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Stay away from ANY food product from China, taiwan, Malaysia & Indonesia, because all these countries use bulk food components from China. It won't be safe to consume processed foods from these sources until the Chinese feel a severe financial hit to their agri/food exports and the appropriate low-level culprits (in china) are scapegoated and, unfortunately, executed. (Shame on Taiwan for using cheap chinese food ingredients in their processed & prepared foods). Stuff from Japan is safe because they have very strict testing regimes and because they are dumping all chinese origin food stuffs off their shelves & warehouses.

See the following except:

Revelations have invariably come from unofficial sources. For instance, Chinese activist Zhou Qing, author of the book What Kind of God, has spun what Newsweek has described as "one hair-raising tale after another. There's seafood laced with additives that lower men's sperm counts, soy sauce bulked up with arsenic-tainted human hair swept up from the barbershop floor, and hormone-infused fast food that prompts six-year-old boys to sprout facial hair and seven-year-old girls to grow breasts". According to Newsweek, "While the export scandals are new, Chinese consumers have had it so bad for so long that their casualty count is staggering. Bogus antibiotics produced in Anhui were blamed for six deaths and 80 people falling ill in 2006. In 2004, unsafe infant formula killed at least 50 babies and left another 200 severely malnourished. Virtually every product category is affected, from candy that has choked children to killer fireworks to toxic face cream. At least 300 million Chinese citizens -- roughly the same number as the entire US population -- suffer from food-borne diseases annually, according to a recent report by the Asian Development Bank and World Health Organisation."

from the following article:

www.dailypioneer.com... - Made-in-China-Just-steer-clear.html

Pretty sickening no?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

just wanted to say to you friend, just because some of us dont reply doesnt mean you avent opened our eyes, i for one read all the threads about this issue for concern for my children, you have definitely helped spread the word, so thank you.

keep the information coming guys, alot of people read with no reply, good job.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks, pureevil81, In a nation that now import more than we export is very hard and very expensive this days to no only find locally grown and organic food but also at affordable prices.

It seems that while food imports are cheaper America's grown are not.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Another worrying case! There is nothing we can do about it. The manufacturers won't do anything because they would have to totally renew all the stock and what have you.

It isn't good guys! Think how many other dangerous chemicals are out there! It only takes one man to create mass destruction and toxicity.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thats pretty sick,I remember in the 80's I used to sell quite a bit of melamine products,being and alternative to formica,but in no way would a low pressure laminant be safe in a food source

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Chinese infants and left 54,000 children hospitalized just over a month ago, it is unlikely humans will get sick from melamine.

What?!

Chinese Babies are not human?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
one solution would to ween oneself off the pop culture diet...

the only item i actively use is the Soy product, and even a popular domestically produced Soy is no guarantee that there is no contamination from Chinese bulk ingredients... so i'm at a fork-in-the-road....

Do i keep using Soy, it tastes good and is for me a salty tasting alternative to blood pressure elevating/ ankle swelling/ water-retention salt consumption.

to my relief, i no longer use milk type product, nor consume chocolates,
two types of foods which have had negative publicity from the Chinese tainting-for-profits model of capitalism.
but i do sympathize with young parents who are forced to enter into the russian-roulette world of baby food products (which do not have to originate from China).

at the first news of pet foods being contaminated, i quaranteened away the pack of 'chew sticks' friends had bought at a $1 Store for the beloved 'Joey' a young Shih Tzu...I put the product in a plastic bag, but have not as yet sent the pack of Chew-Stix off for testing.

? has anyone heard of a member of the Amish community getting sick or dying because of contaminated product from China ?
That's what i'm saying about dropping out of the pop culture, packaged product, E-Z consumable lifestyle... at least as much as i can without difficulty.

Edit; dog breed name

[edit on 1-11-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Interesting that after the pet food scare that even my supposedly gourmet expensive brand from pet stores, was in the list, I now cook my dogs food myself I have three Lashas.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
China's FDA is corrupt and nearly everyone in it has been bribed. State governors have been bribed. Corporate leaders are happy. The Chinese people are dying because of food poisoning, Rest of the world is worried that they might get sick from Melamine as well.

How should we fix this?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey

Chinese infants and left 54,000 children hospitalized just over a month ago, it is unlikely humans will get sick from melamine.

What?!

Lol that was just racist.

Either that was a Freudian slip or an intentional racist comment.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Very important stuff. I am following too.

There are numerous ways of implementing population reduction plan. One is toxic food supplys and another is diseases (or bio contamination). Its so easy - no war or starvation ... so... brilliant, keep keeping an eye on them.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LokiAsgardian

From what I read about the US importing more than is exported- that's gonna be VERY hard- unless we all go organic and garden, kill our own meat, ect. Which is STILL very hard.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The fact that any of these things are found in the food chain is a perfect example the governments can't even do their basic function of keeping the people safe.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by LokiAsgardian

From what I read about the US importing more than is exported- that's gonna be VERY hard- unless we all go organic and garden, kill our own meat, ect. Which is STILL very hard.

Many people are already doing this more of us need to head in that direction. Find farmers who live in areas where grass is abundant so they do not rely on feed ,and other food providers (like American shrimpers)order straight from them. Certain unscrupulous food manufactures are using cheap products to put working American farms out of bussiness then they buy the land for themselves. The icing on the cake is they get to poison us.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

What?!

i think it was sarcasim because so many chinese babies where getting sick

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

What?!

Just to make sure you know... I copied and pasted the whole thing.

I think it is an aweful situaiton that has come about with all of this. Yes it "may" hurt adults in "large doses" if you will. But in children it takes very little. The thing that is most troubling that no one is bringing to light is that once its in your system there is no getting it out. The body (human or otherwise, animals where hit by this too) doesnt have the ability to flush it out as with other toxins or contaminats.
Therefore once its in it will continue to cause problems with the body. Not just the initial kidney problems mind you.
I my self was exposed to a "toxic" bacteria almost 11 years ago. I almost died with a toxic lung infection and the lower third of my left lung and my bronchile tubes are scared and now wont work right. To this day I have problems with my hands and knees "suddenly" going numb or feeling as if I had twisted them out of place. This happened again just last night, I can hardly walk at all on my right leg. If I go to the doctor they always pull up the damn chart from when I almost died never fails, it doesnt matter if I fell or not! They wrap it in a brace give me some crutches and say there is nothing more I can do. It would be best for me to "not move" around at all till this is done because the "medicine I was on" was what weakened my bones and joints....its been almost 11 years why would a med still be in my system from that long ago? ( they make it seem as if i am still on it mind you)
Hope that came out in a understandable manner was up almost all night..my point is that these things dont just 'go away'. They stick around all your life,if you are able to surrive them you still have to contend with the life long side effects of them.

It isnt get sick once and its over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join