It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Israeli Jets Penetrate Into Lebanon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

12 Israeli Jets Penetrate Into Lebanon.

www.presstv.ir

Israeli warplanes have again violated Lebanese airspace, performing reconnaissance flights over northern and southern parts of the country.

The Lebanese army said in a statement published by the country's official news agency that six Israeli warplanes conducted 30-minute overflights over the border village of Alma al-Shaab as well as other southern towns and villages on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir
www.presstv.ir

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Farewell To Israel.
US & Israel's Lies About Iran.
Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So,Israel haven't been given a green light on bombing Iran so they're gearing up to attack Lebanon.Again.

Of course this is nothing more than an indirect attack on Iran under the guise of defending themselves against the terrorists/freedom fighters of Hezbollah,who,as we all know,i funded mainly by Iran.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Does the UN resolution allows them to overfly the Lebanese air-space for reconnaissance purposes?

The article says they done a lot of this over the past year.

It definitely smacks of arrogant provocation, but they can coyly declare "It's just recon!" Unless the UN said they can't do this explicitly.

No matter how you slice it, it is wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Israel is so small, it doesn't surprise me at all that they cross airspace. When I think about Israel and them trying to stay in their airspace, I imagine a car in a parking lot with the steering wheel turned all the way in one direction driving in little circles
Of course, about the only thing smaller IS Lebanon...I think Lebanon is just jealous because they barely have enough room for a runway to get a jet in the air

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
israel has every single right to do what it wants
i look at israel as a little bird surrounded by tons of eagles of prey
almost every single middle eastern country would rip israel apart if not for europe and america
and that my friend is an absolute fact
islamic countries want israel off the map
so israel has EVERY SINGLE RIGHT to protect itself and do what it wants!
dont forget for thousands of years jewish people have been treated liek ** kicked out of every single country, and most recently 6 million killed in the holocaust!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Please do not forget about the source of this article: PressTV which is Iranian government controlled unless I am mistaken. So an automatic slant of pro-Iranian government propaganda. Keep this in mind before proceeding.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
quit making israel a weakling. they have hundreds of nukes and can easily beat all the standing army in the region at the same time. the west is holding israel back.

after suffering for thousands of years, have jews earned the right to treat others with malcontent? israel is systematically persecuting millions of arabs in the territories they seized. the palestinians are now the dejected.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They are a small country sure, but they do not like to be messed with. When they do strike (and they will) whether provoked or not.. they will hit Hard and most likely level their opponent (Iran, Syria, Lebanon, whoever). Oh yeah, the US will back them up too.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

No, it's legit.

Lebanon says 12 Israeli jets fly over country

BEIRUT, Lebanon (AP) — The Lebanese army says 12 Israeli warplanes have violated the country's airspace by flying reconnaissance missions over northern and southern Lebanon.

The army says in a statement carried by the country's official news agency that six Israeli warplanes flew over the border village of Alma al-Shaab and other southern towns and villages for about 30 minutes Friday.

The statement says six other Israeli warplanes flew over the Mediterranean off the coastal city of Batroun and over other northern towns for about an hour.

There was no immediate statement from the Israeli army, which usually does not comment on flights over Lebanon.

(AP)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by weneedtoknow

israel has every single right to do what it wants

My reason for adding the thread links was to avoid ignorant comments such as yours.Everything you have said is wrong.Allow me to educate you.

The major problem with the ME is Palestine.
The Palestinians have had their land stolen.And after the 6 Day War,Israel kept the land it had won,i.e.the land designated the Palestinians by the UN Mandate,and since then the West Bank,Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights have been under Israeli control.The people have been imprisoned by walls and roadblocks,they have been denied the right to vote,and their home and land is still being taken and they are still being murdered.They are not fighting because they hate Israel,they are fighting for their homes,their land and their lives.

Israel is guilty of war crimes and breaching human rights against the Palestinians.

The Fourth Geneva Convention applies to the West Bank, to the Gaza Strip, and to the entire City of Jerusalem, in order to protect the Palestinians living there. The Palestinian People living in this Palestinian Land are "protected persons" within the meaning of the Fourth Geneva Convention. All of their rights are sacred under international law.

There are 149 substantive articles of the Fourth Geneva Convention that protect the rights of every one of these Palestinians living in occupied Palestine. The Israeli Government is currently violating, and has since 1967 been violating, almost each and every one of these sacred rights of the Palestinian People recognized by the Fourth Geneva Convention. Indeed, violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention are war crimes....

The U.N. Human Rights Commission then said it was "[g]ravely concerned" about several different types of atrocities inflicted by Israel upon the Palestinian People, which it denominated "war crimes, flagrant violations of international humanitarian law and crimes against humanity."

www.mediamonitors.net...

The second special session of the Human Rights Council today strongly condemned the grave Israeli violations of human rights and breaches of international humanitarian law in Lebanon and decided to urgently establish and immediately dispatch a high-level inquiry commission to the region....Speakers addressing the meeting said that the death and displacement in Lebanon as a result of the Israeli bombardment was appalling. The massive Israeli air strikes that had resulted in massacres of innocent civilians and the destruction of houses, properties and infrastructure were strongly condemned, and there were repeated calls for a ceasefire and a rapid resolution of the conflict.

www.unog.ch...

Think of the name "Palestinian" and what comes to mind? "Terrorism." Conjure the word Israeli and what do you think of? "Victim of terror." The images are searing: skeletal Jerusalem buses with shards of flesh and twisted metal hanging from the twisted wreckage; detailed accounts of the misery and suffering of Israeli families caught in a suicide bombing; graphic photos of the Israeli dead and injured, the funerals, the anguished faces and the heart-breaking weeping of the survivors.

But while these episodic bombings were being inflicted by Palestinian kamikazes, the Israeli military was routinely terrorizing the civilian population of Gaza and slaughtering hundreds of Palestinian civilians. Yet not a cubic centimeter of the scope of this Israeli terrorism was reported in America. For all Americans know, a few dozen Hamas terrorists have died in pinpoint "targeted killings" (assassinations) and a handful of Palestinian civilians have been "regrettably" killed, "caught in a crossfire" or "collaterally damaged" in an "air-strike."

If "Jews" in the Warsaw ghetto were entitled to resist the Nazi occupiers by any means at hand, however bloody or indiscriminate, why is this holy Allied doctrine voided when it comes to the Palestinian resistance to Zionist occupation of the Gaza ghetto?

revisionisthistory.org...

Israel/Palestine statistics.
www.ifamericansknew.com...

Israels use of chemical weapons.
www.globalresearch.ca...
electronicintifada.net...
www.antiwar.com...

The shrinking (stealing) of Palestinian land.
sabbah.biz...

Israel harvesting organs.
www.voicesofpalestine.org...
WARNING:the above link contains a cpl of graphic pictures.

About Iran.

But it wasn’t Iran that turned the Israeli-Iranian cold war warm – it was Israel. In October 1992, prior to Iran’s material support for Palestinian rejectionists, the Shimon Peres/Yitzhak Rabin government undertook a major campaign to depict Iran and Shi’a Islamic fundamentalism as a global threat.

www.opendemocracy.net...

Since the spring of 1992 public opinion in Israel is being prepared for the prospect of a war with Iran,to be fought to bring about Iran’s total military and political defeat.In one version,Israel would attack Iran alone,in another it would ‘persuade’ the West to do the job.
(written in 1993)
www.ifamericansknew.org...

Ahmadinejad:No. We say that the people of Palestine should have rights and when the people of Palestine exercise this right, this will happen. Where is the Soviet Union? The Soviet Union has been wiped off the map. What happened to the Soviet Union? The decision of the people, the vote of the people. When the people of the Soviet Union, the Russian people, were allowed to decide to take charge of their destiny, the Soviet Union disappeared.

www.presstv.ir...

As most of my readers know, Ahmadinejad did not use that phrase in Persian. He quoted an old saying of Ayatollah Khomeini calling for 'this occupation regime over Jerusalem" to "vanish from the page of time.' Calling for a regime to vanish is not the same as calling for people to be killed. Ahmadinejad has not to my knowledge called for anyone to be killed....
If Ahmadinejad is a genocidal maniac who just wants to kill Jews, then why are there 20,000 Jews in Iran with a member of parliament in Tehran? Couldn't he start at home if that was what he is really about?

www.juancole.com...

Can those who think Lebanon should be attacked and Iran bombed not understand their support for a people who have been fighting for over 40yrs! for their land,their homes,their freedom,their lives!??!

new topics

top topics

join