It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestle sends experts to China due to Melamine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Nestle sends experts to China due to Melamine

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING – The head of European food giant Nestle said Friday the company had mounted a "sizable effort" to ensure the safety of its dairy products in China, sending in scientists and specialized machines in the wake of the melamine contamination scandal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have been emailing every manufacturer that I can and asking them about their imported manufacturing material from China. I sent some to Hershey, Cadbury, Mars, Nestle, tootsie roll and many others inquiring about the safety of their products.

Most have responded and said they do business with China but that they guarantee the safety of their products. Well today I received a response from Nestle.

"October 31, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about Nestlé®. We welcome questions and comments from loyal consumers such as yourself and appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

Nestlé is a global company which operates in almost all countries in the world, including China. While some Nestlé products may contain ingredients sourced from China, we have extensive on-site personnel and facility resources, allowing us to stay closely informed on quality assurance issues.

We have long term relationships in China with a number of large suppliers and have established high quality standards for ingredients supplied by them. Our quality managers audit these facilities to ensure they meet our high standards. Product quality is our number one priority and we will continue to follow this issue closely.

Due to continuous product innovation, which results in ongoing changes to ingredients and suppliers, it is not possible to create a stable list of Nestlé products that may contain one or more components from China. We can assure you that Nestlé does have rigorous processes in place to monitor materials that we import from around the world, including China.

We appreciate your interest in our products and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.

As soon as I closed the email I went to the Yahoo front page and this is the first story title I saw:
Nestle sends experts for melamine tests in China

Yesterday one of the head stories was: Kidney stones on the rise in the United States in small children - kidney stones are a side affect of Melamine and it is what sickened 50,000 chinese children.

This is no game we are playing people.

This could be good or bad. Either they know they have a problem (bad) or it means that the emails from consumers have had an effect (good).

Let me know what you think. Thanks

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Melamine is probobly in alot more foods then we know of. What about chicken and fish coming from China are the fed products with melamine in it?

I've seen chicken and fish for dirt cheap prices at grocery stores with product of china on the bag. Personaly I won't buy the stuff you have know idea what it's contaminated with.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by wantsome]

join