It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of the Greys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve

I still wonder if Betty and Barney Hill made up their story and used the beings that allegedly crashed in Roswell. Is there anything dating back early that wouldn't be so mainstream?

It wouldn't just be them making it up then. Many abductees have described beings resembling "the greys". Don't just look backwards when considering the case for greys. You have to consider all the witness/abduction testimonies.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I just wish there was enough proof to have me an abduction believer. All the abduction people I've seen seem like genuine crack pots.

Any good sites or videos?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I just wish there was enough proof to have me an abduction believer. All the abduction people I've seen seem like genuine crack pots.

Maybe thats just how they are being portrayed?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Hmm, I dont think so. I'm thinking of the videos individual and private groups had on youtube. They were self produced. This was a couple years ago.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Seen?

Well there is thousands of abduction testimonies.

ATS is a good site!!
Been around since 2002? or so. Lots of info via a search. Trust me this site will show you much.

Here is a thread. I highly suggest reading the whole thing as the OP describes the experience throughout the length of the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Alright, thanks! Will have a look. I'm a little noob on this subject so I'm very interested.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The abductees in this video seem like normal everyday people www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dave

I'm sorry but I agree with the skeptic at the end of the video.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
It wouldn't just be them making it up then. Many abductees have described beings resembling "the greys".

So why is it, that in the US +70% of the "abductees" mention Greys, while in other parts of the world they only make a small percentage? Why is it, that in the US the number of "abductees" is way higher than in any other part of the world?

Hollywood anyone? Or do Greys simply love Americans?

[Sources to follow, off to search...]

1) Sheaffer, Robert: "A Skeptical Perspective on UFO Abductions"

"In North America large-headed gray aliens predominate, while in Britain abduction aliens are usually tall, blond, and Nordic, and South America tends toward more bizarre creatures, including hairy monsters."

(More precise sources to follow...)

2) - Geography and culture as influences on abductor descriptions and Science Fiction as an influence

Note: I'm not judging anyone about their experiences, nor do I deny any abductions occur. But in my opinion SciFi, popular culture etc mixed with sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming etc. are responsible for +95% of these stories (unless the Greys prefer western Earthlings more than others, there are some pretty impressive Graphs that strongly indicate fictional origin. Off to continue searching those numbers (man. the net is huge... rofl)

[edit on 1.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

I don't know why you said it was me who said that.....it wasn't. I agree with you.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

Sorry, mixed up the quotes (quoted the quote with your quote, removed one quote and mixed up the tags).

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
the crash of Roswell was in 1947 wich was reported to have Aliens that were Greys
en.wikipedia.org...

If any aliens crashed in Roswell, I suggest they came from Mexico. That would be the only "aliens" travelling in crafts made of wood, rubber strips, tinfoil and paper.

Brazel told the Roswell Daily Record that he and his son saw a "large area of bright wreckage made up of rubber strips, tinfoil, a rather tough paper and sticks.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If Walton was pre Hills then that was the start of the Greys since
those are the two most popular abductions that I recall.

If Hills were first then the costumes for Walton were in storage at the
saucer base infirmary for his fateful bump into a saucer.

Since both prove nothing but attempts to the suppress terrestrial science
I figure the rest of the abduction stories are flashes in the pan to
continue the suppression.

ED: Roswell had green dyed rocket sled monkeys that had the
dye bought from the art store Bill Lyne worked at and sold the
dye to the hoaxters.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

[Cont.]

3)

Source:
Hall, Richard: "Are UFO Abductions a Universal or a Culturally Dependant Phenomenon"
(In: Pritchard, Andrea & Pritchard, David E. & Mack, John E. & Kasey, Pam & Yapp, Claudia. Alien Discussions: Proceedings of the Abduction Study Conference. Cambridge: North Cambridge Press. Pp. 191-193)

Note: Those stats may be inacurrate because we're dealing here with pseudo-science at it's highest. But I think you get the big picture.

I hope to find some nice contributions here when I visit next, because I too am (pseudo-)researching the origin of the Grey aliens. The furthest back I got were, like already mentioned here, Betty and Barny Hill + Roswell, but there the Greys were added later, maybe after the Hill case, dunno.

Was there any case that spread, found it's place in pop culture and therefore tricked a high percentage of abductees into believing their existence, with a tiny small part of them really physically made this experience?

Or are they a complete fabrication of the human mind, like fairys, dwarfs, dragons etc.?

That's the 1 million dollar question...

To me it seems centuries ago it was dwarfs and giants, today it's Greys and Nordics. Why? Well, because the Greys is exactly how a human mind would imagine an Alien (big head, humanoid, no genitals, lack of details). If you dream of a monster, I bet it has no penis nor vagina, cause they're a taboo in many societies. (hope it's ok to mention this here, often heard the further west the pruder it gets....
)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

As with all statistics, they could easily represent more than one position.

In theory:

If Aliens came here due to the nucelar activty, US Military were their first contact due to being the ones launching the bombs at Japan and having the worlds largest Arsenal.

Couple with the theory that the "greys" are those who are rumoured to be working with the US and even living here in underground facilities with agreements that they can abduct and test humans, that would explain gray activity in US and nearby regions.

Maybe there are other species doing alternate independant activities in other regions.

Not saying it IS so, im just saying statistics dont always give you a single conclusive answer to anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Please look at the stats again. It's not the US only, it's the western countries. That's where all Hollywood stuff etc finally ends up: It originates and therefore is mostly seen/heard/read in the US, then it spreads to countries with western/american-alike culture, and then to the rest of the world.
And as we get further, the American pop culture declines and other cultures take a bigger part.

This would explain the declining of Grey reports the further away from the American pop culture we get.

Strange is the low number in the UK, though. Dr Who? Daleks?
No idea....

I'd love to see more numbers from countries with other cultures, especially Middle East, Far East Asia and Africa, cause the western "media colonization" isn't as big there.... yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

They're interesting statistics but I think it's a bit iffy. I mean the UK should have access to all the alien Grey movies and shows we do i.e. Taken. Especially with leechers on the internet. I'm surprised they aren't seeing or being abducted by more Greys and Brazil is a lot higher than I anticipated. I don't think the chart does much to show it's Hollywood for the believers. Seems the Greys pick and choose which countries to abduct from. Obviously not every country will have the same ratio and there has been rumored to be many different species abducting people. Although common sense tells us they aren't.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This must be top secret cause no one makes a stink over Greys
or abductions.
How does one keep track.
There must be a band of writers putting this out and can't be trusted.
In any case the myth of anything ET is part of the Tesla Free Energy UFO
Conspiracy and may be recognized as such.

Part of the Conspiracy seemingly made this movie
to ridicule Free Energy and the people not willing to see government
hide it any longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join