It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moronic tyranny of the "there´s no proof" crowd

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There's an inherent problem here; the people who state that there's no proof don't have any proof to substantiate their claim. Can they prove that there's no proof? Hmm...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CTC411.com

Don't you know? Debunkist Skepticae don't have to back up any of their claims - the burden of proof is never on them

Point in fact; when the Debunkist Skepticus makes a claim that there ' is no proof' - the burden now rests on your to refute their claim....

Welcome to the twisted logic of the Debunkist Skepticae, an obscure albeit highly prolific and pervasive species prevalent on conspiracy forums. They can commonly be found parasitizing the threads of abstract thinkers, wherein they find their most delectable fodder; explorers and dreamers.

*Warning: When a Debunkist Skepticus demands a link, he is preparing to attack. Be wary of this, you cannot appease him. Giving in will only lead to further attacks which will inevitably attract more parasites, who have been known to swiftly kill our younger Threadlings.

Reply only to those who treat you with respect... Do not take the bait or fall for the traps set by Dekunkist Skepticae - he is a malicious animal, though You will soon learn to recognize patterns in his behaviour and will soon be able to identify him by his 'seemingly' overt simple-mindedness and blatantly false naivete.

Be Wary

[edit on 2-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Originally posted by TSOM87
Answer me this, is there something wrong with asking for Proof. Am not a mean person. I want the same as you people, but i need Proof to believe in life out there. Same with Ghosts, i need the Proof, to know they exist!

There is no proof.
There is evidence, however.
It's up to you to decide if the evidence is good enough for you to believe.

Originally posted by TSOM87
I can't just believe and wait for the proof, i need the proof to believe!

Then don't believe in it.
No one is forcing you to believe in anything.
If the evidence is not sufficient for you, then you either decide not to believe it or seek new evidence.

Nothing that i have seen shows me that life is out there! When i say that, am not saying, so there for life dose not exist in the universe.

This is the thing ''I WANT TO BELIEVE'' but i need the Proof first! I never said anyone was forcing me to believe.

For me to Believe i need Proof first!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

"For me to Believe i need Proof first! "

Then why are you looking for it online when all you will get is 2D representations and words?

If you seek something tangible, you will NEVER find it here. You will however serve to annoy the heck out of us with your incessant inanities (ie. member posts picture of alien, you say "it's just a picture" or a member posts a video and you say "but it's just a video").

I fail to see why your persist with this failed stratagem. It has never worked and you know it never can - and yet you persist in doing it. Is that not the definition of insanity?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTC411.com
There's an inherent problem here; the people who state that there's no proof don't have any proof to substantiate their claim. Can they prove that there's no proof? Hmm...

Am looking for the Proof, the kinda proof that tells me theres Life Out In The Universe. So far i aint seen any!

Q. Dose life out in the Universe Exist? A. I Don't Know!

Q. Have you seen any proof that indicates that theres life out in the universe? A. No!

Q. Is it wrong just to believe without Proof? A. No!

Q. Is it wrong to ask for Proof? A. No!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by TSOM87

"For me to Believe i need Proof first! "

Then why are you looking for it online when all you will get is 2D representations and words?

If you seek something tangible, you will NEVER find it here. You will however serve to annoy the heck out of us with your incessant inanities (ie. member posts picture of alien, you say "it's just a picture" or a member posts a video and you say "but it's just a video").

I fail to see why your persist with this failed stratagem. It has never worked and you know it never can - and yet you persist in doing it. Is that not the definition of insanity?

Here i go again....If someone on ATS has been viewing UFOS throgh there telescope, i could go view that, that can lead to Proof!

If someone on ATS has a UFO, Alien locked up somewhere, i could go view that, than can lead to Proof!

I have said this a couple of time allready! ATS could lead me to Proof!

When searching for PROOF i use every option avalible! I want to believe so bad, but i need the Proof to believe!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

"If someone on ATS has been viewing UFOS throgh there telescope, i could go view that, that can lead to Proof!"

No you couldn't. You don't have the resources. The UFO won't wait around for you and I KNOW you wouldn't believe any ATS member who told you he had a UFO in his telescope's sights.

You'd say he was lying, then you would tell him to take a picture which you would promptly 'debunk'... You would likely say something to the effect of 'I'm not going to fly all the way out there on your word alone"

"If someone on ATS has a UFO, Alien locked up somewhere, i could go view that, than can lead to Proof! "

-Once again. You wouldn't believe a member if they told you and you would debunk or dismiss the video or pictures.

*I highly doubt you would transport yourself across the country/world to see an UFO in a barn - all on the word of someone you met on the Internet

You Madame, are an Au Contairienne...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The people who believe without Proof, i respect your views. I aint on here trying to make you change your mind. Am just showing you that i need Proof first before i can believe. Am not better than you and your not better than me!

Also there nothing wrong with looking for Proof or asking for Proof. It's called Searching. How do you think the great Explorers found the New Worlds in the 20th centuary. How do you think the Explorers of the 21st centuary are going to find New worlds, by going out searching ie. Looking for the Proof!

The people who come on here and say NO Proof NO Aliens well thats there opinion. Dose it mean that theres no life in the Universe NO of course not. We just don't know!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I think you just do it to be annoying.

I think you know it is an effective strategy to stifle debate and derail threads, and that somehow you receive gratification from doing it - Even now.

There is no other reason for your persistence. You contribute nothing to any discussion but your doubts - the same ones from EVERY SINGLE thread you visit.

As I have stated in prior posts; this thread, it is about you...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

reply to post by TSOM87

"If someone on ATS has been viewing UFOS throgh there telescope, i could go view that, that can lead to Proof!"

No you couldn't. You don't have the resources. The UFO won't wait around for you and I KNOW you wouldn't believe any ATS member who told you he had a UFO in his telescope's sights.

You'd say he was lying, then you would tell him to take a picture which you would promptly 'debunk'... You would likely say something to the effect of 'I'm not going to fly all the way out there on your word alone"

"If someone on ATS has a UFO, Alien locked up somewhere, i could go view that, than can lead to Proof! "

-Once again. You wouldn't believe a member if they told you and you would debunk or dismiss the video or pictures.

*I highly doubt you would transport yourself across the country/world to see an UFO in a barn - all on the word of someone you met on the Internet

You Madame, are an Au Contarianne...

Listen pal you don't know me! So don't sit there say i haven't got the resources! or i wouldn't believe, OK!

Like i said the Internet could lead me to Proof! The Proof that i Need!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by TSOM87

I think you just do it to be annoying.

I think you know it is an effective strategy to stifle debate and derail threads, and that somehow you receive gratification from doing it - Even now.

There is no other reason for your persistence. You contribute nothing to any discussion but your doubts - the same ones from EVERY SINGLE thread you visit.

As I have stated in prior posts; this thread, it is about you...

How are we to know Life Out In The Universe is a Reality without Proof!

Answer me that!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Its never crowded at the Leading Edge.

There are two types of people in the world...the ones who create, and the ones who react.

Lacking ability to initiate, to pioneer, ask new and fresh questions, the only option the masses have is to smear, slander and ridicule the genius.

When I see someone posting far-out-theory in SkunkWorks or anywhere else on this board, he has my greatest awe and respect. He has expanded his mind beyond the confines of the hive-mind that preaches consensus-reality in the guise of "skepticism", ever in need of approval from the intellectual "establishment".

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

You are repeating yourself unnecessarily for the purpose of annoyance and in an attempt to disrupt this discussion. As evidence I cite the following quotes taken from the contents of your last twelve posts from this page and the last; they have been numbered respectively. You have made quite an example of yourself.

1) "Is there something wrong with looking for Proof? Thats all i want!"

2) "How are we suppoed to know life in the Universe is a Reality if we aint got Proof? Thats all we want! "

3) "can't just believe and wait for the proof, i need the proof to believe!"

4)"How are we suppoed to know life in the Universe is a Reality if we aint got Proof? Thats all we want! "

5) "I just want proof to believe! Thats all! "

6) "Is there something wrong with asking for proof?

I don't think there is! "

7) "I want the truth but in order to have the truth i need the Proof! "

8) "For me to Believe i need Proof first!"

9)" i need the Proof to believe! "

10) "Also there nothing wrong with looking for Proof or asking for Proof"

11) " How are we to know Life Out In The Universe is a Reality without Proof!

Answer me that! "

*Skyfloating, Do you agree with my assertion that this member has been incessantly & unnecessarily repeating the same questions/demands for the purpose of thread derailment and provocation - Or do you feel that this is somehow a genuine effort to find proof of extra-terrestrial life?

I believe it is the former. Nonetheless, I must thank you for creating this thread, the perfect way to bait the worst of 'em, albeit inadvertently...

Good on ya.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I appreciate his contributions to this thread because they serve as an example of the unproductive repetitiveness that keeps their minds locked in the "I see no proof" cave.

My recommendation to him would be to start asking other questions than "where is the proof?"

More productive questions:

"What is behind this?"

"What are the agendas of the people who published this?"

"Who benefits?"

"What is true for me?"

"What seems likely, what seems unlikely?"

"What seems probable?"

"What seems imporobable?"

"What can I relate to my experiences?"

But instead some just stay stuck in the same mindset their entire lives.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well am one of the people who is searching for the Proof. I will use every option avaliable. Then mabay one day, who knows, i mite find it! I can turn around and say look i found it, i searched for it, and found it!

I want to move on from not knowing to believing!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm not trying to p**s anybody off but is it not essential for claims to be investigated?

for example: on 14-10-2008 some guy from Holland posted a very impressing video of an ufo flying by. Now we could have just accepted this and everyone would agree UFO's exist.
But one really smart guy looked a little further and saw in the last sec. of the video that the UFO was flying in a straight line whilst the camera was moving up.

If you ask me that's pretty sollid proof that this video was a hoax. Should we not be thankfull somebody took the time to anylise the evidence and proof this wasn't real.

I must admit that i, usually ,(want to) believe everthing on the first post but i'm really thankfull for all the people out there that keep an open mind and look a little further....

On the other hand, It could very well be all debunkers are aliens trying to disproof all the slip ups they've made....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yes. And investigation is the opposite of being dismissive from the start.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

"But one really smart guy looked a little further and saw in the last sec. of the video that the UFO was flying in a straight line whilst the camera was moving up."

Exactly. He was proactive in his research.

He did not just go on internet forums all day polluting threads with the "there's no proof', 'got proof?', links please" mantra that we have been discussing and discouraging throughout the entirety of this thread.

If that fellow had simply concluded due to his mindset that there wasn't a UFO in that video because UFOs CAN'T exist, he never would have bothered to further investigate the issue and thus would not have solved and successfully debunked a fraudulent video and accompanying claims...

If he had done whats TSOM87 has been doing, many people might still think it was a real alien ship in that video. He never would have disproved it, and the burden would have been passed to someone with more sense and dedication.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It really dose bother some people when you come on ATS and say ''I need the proof to believe''. They would just be happy if you went along with there line of thinking ''I Believe Without Proof''. Even though theres nothing wrong with that line of thinking!

As people can see i haven't came on here and said ''NO PROOF NO ALIENS YOUR ALL CRAZY''. All i have said is ''I need Proof to Believe''.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

But in most cases (and sane cases) a thread starter is not asking you to believe, but only to consider and think-about.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join