It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moronic tyranny of the "there´s no proof" crowd

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Listen i don't know if there is life out in the Universe, there could be but then again there mite not be, i don't know.

The only way that i am going to accept if there is life out there, is to see it with my own eye's or in other words ''Proof''.

You aint going know untill you get the proof. You can come one here every day and talk, talk, talk, talk and talk, you aint going to get anywhere without proof.

How can people believe without tangible proof?

Its the same with Ghosts lol!

I want the truth with proof not continuous speculation!

i see your line of thinking but when you look at things closer

you can have LESS DOUBT about some things no? it may come down to semantics, but you (in your mind) could says i'm not sure but i have a pretty (high/low) level of cofidence in this because..........

I mean research will show you there are hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people in the world who are convinced they have seen ghosts? are they all liar's? logic would tell you NO so would it make sense to doubt ghosts less? yes even though you may have never seen one? yes

if you answer no then you should probably explore any fear you may have of believing in ghosts because FEAR will stop you in your tracks from questioning any beleifs you have in a fair and rationale way. at least that is the way i see it.

but as SKY FLOATING has said, the endless "show me proof" garbage keeps the discussion at "BASE 1" and for some of the poster's that is the POINT!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I guess this one sums it up nicely.

There are three truths: my truth, your truth, and the truth.
~ Chinese proverb

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

Originally posted by TSOM87
Listen i don't know if there is life out in the Universe, there could be but then again there mite not be, i don't know.

The only way that i am going to accept if there is life out there, is to see it with my own eye's or in other words ''Proof''.

You aint going know untill you get the proof. You can come one here every day and talk, talk, talk, talk and talk, you aint going to get anywhere without proof.

How can people believe without tangible proof?

Its the same with Ghosts lol!

I want the truth with proof not continuous speculation!

i see your line of thinking but when you look at things closer

you can have LESS DOUBT about some things no? it may come down to semantics, but you (in your mind) could says i'm not sure but i have a pretty (high/low) level of cofidence in this because..........

I mean research will show you there are hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people in the world who are convinced they have seen ghosts? are they all liar's? logic would tell you NO so would it make sense to doubt ghosts less? yes even though you may have never seen one? yes

if you answer no then you should probably explore any fear you may have of believing in ghosts because FEAR will stop you in your tracks from questioning any beleifs you have in a fair and rationale way. at least that is the way i see it.

but as SKY FLOATING has said, the endless "show me proof" garbage keeps the discussion at "BASE 1" and for some of the poster's that is the POINT!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by cpdaman]

I wouldn't say those millions of people who have seen Ghosts or even Aliens, UFO's, with there own eyes liars. For be to believe it i have to see the Proof, i have to see the proof with my own eyes just like those millions of people saw the Proof with there own eyes!

If we don't SEARCH for Proof we will remain at ''Base 1''.

The Great explorers of the 20th centuary SEARCHED for the New Worlds, New Clutures, and they found them! They saw them with there own eyes! By Searching they found the Proof that there where other Clutures out there in the world.

They didn't find it by sitting in a room with a dozen people talking about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I suppose the proof is just a metaphor in the end for breaking the barrier between denial and ignorance, something of scale in the mass media would trigger but we know it cannot happen. example the words "credit crunch" have been used so much on radio and tv only coma patients would have missed it, if media cameramen filmed a mass of ufo live with some prune from bbc news or whatever it would be more believable than the epic amounts of info on the net that most people simply don't have the time to look at for whatever reason, I know people who don't want to talk about it, and most are fed up of hearing it and nothing being done. No-one is free of it until something is done, the system has you, its like the freaking matrix only it really is real, you owe money to live, you need food drink, there are laws in place to prevent you from living independently of the system though varying, you must buy land under their jurisdiction to grow food and live but cannot implement the way you want to live, the cavemen we're more free than we are in this mass produced planet destroying system of power that is in place.

Aliens, governments, secret groups, area 51 secret tech or alien tech?, the arctic melting, the e.field around earth failing, WAKE UP TO REALITY AND DO SOMETHING NOW or we are all screwed. also 2012, will we die, wake up in 4d, turn into glowing things and leave all sinners behind? will the earth stop spinning? no-one really knows unless you find more ancient texts or something, do your research and don't be swept with a crowd find your proof.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I have only two members on Ignore and that's simply because I found their avatars too unpleasant to bother living with

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

In situations like this is where i personally i'm irritated because instead of what you said right there,there are other people who talk about things that haven't being proven as facts.It tends to make me think that the person who says that maybe wants to just misslead others.

No. Every new discovery was first non-fact and there was at first, a lack of evidence for it.

Talking about things that are not yet factual, allows us to expand our minds and create new things.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

You are very right in saying that we are ALL skeptics at one time or another.

Ive debunked as much as Ive been debunked.

Those who officially call themselves "skeptics" mustnt hog the title for themselves

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
TSOM87,

Then why are you looking for tangible "proof" on the internet?

All you will ever find is pictures and words on a screen.

The limitations of internet research (that should be obvious) often lead to 'skeptics' demanding impossible proofs - proofs that cannot be properly conveyed through the computer monitor, but nothing tangible.

*Most 'skeptics' conveniently ignore these obvious limitations, and will continue to demand 'proof's that could not possibly be conveyed via the internet and PC screen. This is incredibly frustrating.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

Good point. This is a 2-Dimensional World with virtual-online-identities asking for 3-Dimensional Proof.

How moronic can one get?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

It's called 'conditioning' and if there's one thing the world does well, it is to condition the masses to form the same rigid perspective on existence, authority, science and spirituality. I'd rather open my mind a little too far than close it to all possibility. In my opinion, there's no shame in being debunked.

[edit on 1/11/2008 by Cythraul]

Yeah. Beliefs are like cars. You use them to get from A to B. But once at B, you can drop the belief and build new conclusions based on the current surroundings. I dont mind my old car being debunked.

Some keep the same car all their life nevertheless.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

More than a hundred years ago the Wright Brothers speculated about flying. The savage skeptics spit on them for "lying", saying "there is no truth/proof".

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I see a lot of people make threads that must have taken hours of research and reference-searching...acts of creative love...only for complete dullards to muddy their threads with the "there´s no proof" BS.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Lets throw out all forms of critical thinking, self scrutiny, evidence, logic, or what have you. Those damn dirty skeptics keep us down! Down with the logical thinkers! Down with the people that keep our wild ideas in check! Down with the people that differentiate reality from fiction! What kind of society do we live in today!? Whatever happened to the good ol' days when we could point at our sacred texts and declare itself to be all the proof you need.

I can't even believe you'd post this dribble on a forum who's motto once was "DENY IGNORANCE" not "BELIEVE EVERYTHING BLINDLY".

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

I am the same way with a couple things- finding a woman who actually likes me and wont scorch me is one. I have been hurt so many times, she has got to PROVE her love. I now need proof, because of all the fakes, lies and other crap i have had forced down my throat and forced to digest. And lemme tell you- when the truth comes out, and you find you just digested crap, it tastes real bitter coming back up.

But we both know that psychologically...you wont be able to keep a woman you distrust.

In a very strange way I think its the same thing with UFOs, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
More than a hundred years ago the Wright Brothers speculated about flying. The savage skeptics spit on them for "lying", saying "there is no truth/proof".

Terrible example, seeing as how the Wright Brothers PROVED their hypothesis by demonstrating flight.

(Double Post, sue me)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
Lets throw out all forms of critical thinking, self scrutiny, evidence, logic, or what have you. Those damn dirty skeptics keep us down! Down with the logical thinkers! Down with the people that keep our wild ideas in check! Down with the people that differentiate reality from fiction! What kind of society do we live in today!? Whatever happened to the good ol' days when we could point at our sacred texts and declare itself to be all the proof you need.

I can't even believe you'd post this dribble on a forum who's motto once was "DENY IGNORANCE" not "BELIEVE EVERYTHING BLINDLY".
There is such a thing as middle ground. Grey areas, and balance, you know. Certain posters never show their "balance".

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
G
The real issue isn't that there's no proof (of the nonhuman presence), it's in too many people's unwillingness to begin the proof PROCESS.

Added to my harddrive among "Quote of the Day" samples.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM
reply to post by Skyfloating

So, you just called anyone who want proof of things morons?

SO we dont' need evidenceot prove things anymore
GOod, I' sure that will makes cops job's much easier.

A policeman should check into the accusiation of murder even if he does not have proof yet.

Failing to act would mean to let the murderer run free.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus people....is it that difficult to understand?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Terrible example, seeing as how the Wright Brothers PROVED their hypothesis by demonstrating flight.

(Double Post, sue me)
It's a good example because they weren't spit on after evidence of flight, they were revered. There are more discoveries yet to be made. We aren't done yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

How many more times in this thread do I have to establish my appreciation of skeptics and this has nothing to do with bashing TRUE skeptical thinkers?

You come barging in here with your pre-conceptions of what this thread is supposedly about....

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

(Double Post, sue me)

Yes, but before they proved it the savages were ridiculing them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join