It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderbird (again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
First of all: Hey guys, most of you probably wont remember me cos i havnt posted for soo long! For now im gonna try and post as much as i can.

While i was browsing i came across a picture of a likely creature which may have been mistaken for the Thunderbird

I will try and get more info on this bird and image for ya'll

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
whoa, that's a big bird! what is it? and what's a thunderbird?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A Thunder bird is a cryptozoological bird which has been sighted and described as basicly... A very BIG Bird!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
that looks to me like the same "bird" in the picture of your other thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
that looks to me like the same "bird" in the picture of your other thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It does?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just a thought on thunderbirds. A large bird was sighted in Alaska in Oct 2002, with a reported wingspan of 15ft or more. Some people thought it might be a Stellar's Sea Eagle, they have a wingspan of up to 8ft.
Perhaps the thunderbirds sighted are birds that have a birth defect like that which causes giantism in humans.
A Stellar's Sea Eagle is a big bird, if it had some kind of birth defect that made it larger maybe that is what people saw.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The bird in the first pic appears to be an ordinary heron, or perhaps a crane.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I had bookmarked a site a long time ago about these... the site was mostly on topic of sightings in Michigan... even had photos! Trying to find the site... they were described as looking like eagles with average of 15ft wingspans. One report was of a boy who almost got carried off by one, but was apparently a bit too large for the bird, who let him drop after a couple blocks.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Largest Recorded Wingspan for a Bird
That was back in 1965... so with all these newfangled chemicals and stuff in the water now imagine what it could do to albatross... or other large-wingspanned birds.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, haven't found the link I was looking for, but here's a couple good ones:

sped2work.tripod.com...

Scroll down a bit, unless you want to read about the actual bird (dinosaur):
www.angelfire.com...

This is a pic that will give people an idea of the size of birds we're talking about here:
www.angelfire.com...

and some other crap:
www.rense.com...

Still can't find the good one, but I'll keep looking.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks Earthscum

I read part of a book on the Thunderbird once...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
maybe this bird is the same thing as the lockness monster....except its a bird....maybe only one exists in the WHOLE world or maybe only a few....like in greek mythology they saw HUGE GRYPHONS or hippogryphs or w/e you call em and maybe they were more common back then thats why historians are not smart enuff to tell myth from truth or maybe its a fake bird...but hey they have a bird in a natural history museum you cant argue with that

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There have been sightings of pterodactyls all over the world in the past two hundred years, even in Texas! Also among tribes likely unfamiliar with knowledge of these great "extinct" creatures.

The one uniting and very odd feature in nearly all nighttime accounts is that it has a rather ambient glow... it seems lit up internally somehow. If we take these reports seriously, then perhaps pterodactyls A) were alive in our lifetimes and B) glowed in the dark! Amusing, but very possible.

This phenotypical phenomenon gives outstanding credence and likelihood to this candidate for being the "real-world" inspiration for the legends of Thunderbird and other flying creatures. I for one believe in this scenario...

Something to think about...

PS as others posters said, I agree that you've just found a pic of a freakin' huge bird. Freakish, but still 'just' a bird.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This photo has been published in many places, it is a photo of Kalahari Bushman with a Marabou Stork, the wingspan is about nine feet.

The definitive guy on the T-Bird is Jerry D. Coleman, who has done some of the only follow up work involving this cryptid. Bug him about it at cryptozoology.com
He will prolly tell you that it probably never existed, and if it did, it is certainly extinct. There has been a lot of discussion about how difficult it is to judge accurate wingspans of large birds.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All this talk of Thunderbird is making me thirsty..Hiccup.

new topics

top topics

join