It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Incorrect/ Bad Prophecy Almanac

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have almost had a gutful of all these prophecies, that never come true being posted on ATS, cloggin up the boards and frustrating everyone. Rather than continue complaining like I and others have been doing, I decided to start this thread to fight back.

Here's a history (brief to start off with) of prophecies/ predictions that some users have been insisting will occur, only to have the date come and go without anything out of the ordinary

Blossom Goodchild 14th of October GFL appearance
The obvious place to start, I guess enough has been said about this one

Rapture September 2008
Yes, according to the some religious sects, the rapture was supposed to occur last month. I wonder if any of them are missing?

The American Civil War 2005- John Titor
Well this one didnt happen a long time ago....unless you believe in the alternate timeline BS the hoaxer used to cover his behind

Anything with the name Syvlia Brown Attached to it
She has been wrong on more occasions than anyone. Anyone disagree? There is an abundance of her incorrect ramblings all over the internet

Bill Deagles vision for 7 October 2008
He predicted a meltdown of the stock exchange, specifically for October the 7th. He's also a a killer and compulsive liar

JULY 8, 2008 is hard coded in the Word of God as the next Major Judgment Date
Was supposed to be an event that was much worse than 9/11.....another one based on scripture gone horribly wrong

The Mahdi, who is believed by Moslems to be the Messiah/Saviour, is expected to return at the Spring Equinox, or very close to it.
Apparently all of the enemies of Islam (ie everyone not muslim) were going to be destroyed on the Spring equinox

8/8/08, 10/10/08, etc
No matter how hard they try, the prophets always get these ones wrong

[colour=Red]Hear Ye! Hear ye! World toEnd Tomorrow* (September 22-23)
Yet another biblical prophecy alleging there would be major terrorist attacks in the UK and the USA, wrong again

If the US does not pull out of Iraq we will lose two thirds of the Worlds population by 2006.
Just a sample of the hundreds Billy Meier has got incorrect....and he has plenty more to come to. Something to look forward to I guess

Titor and the olympics
According to everyone favorite time traveller, no olympics were supposed to held after 2004. Yet we had the winter olympics in 2206 and the Beijing olympics this year. Must be those blasted alternate dimensions again

2 Billion to die in the next 12 months
Well that one was obviously a huge stuff up, no huge massacre as of yet. But at least the poster of the thread got lots of replies eh

July 17th Full Moon: Something Extraordinary Happening
Apparently a flowering of spirtual light was supposed to happen, whatever that means. Nothing extraordinary did happen on that date

Beijing Olympics
Yeah something terrorist in origin was supposed to occur...

Nibiru in 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005 etc
Apparently the sumerians got it wrong as did the millions of Nibiru believers/ prophets....repeatedly (I know great prophets huh). Due to popular demand, prophets have pushed its arrival back to 2012

I know I havent covered all of them, so ATS'ers, I implore you to add to this thread:

1. The ones I have missed

2. Ones in the future that do not come true

Its now time to laugh at these false predictions instead of getting angry and arguing with them.

Its time to fight back!!

Edited to change color

[edit on 31/10/2008 by OzWeatherman]

[edit on 31/10/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted these, Oz. These past few months (let alone years) I've been trying to recount all of the "Dooooomsday" scenarios posted on ATS. I think that's part of the fun, coming here, reading this stuff that posters, or proclaimed "experts" make up, and then thinking "What if?" It's a great escape from the daily grind.

Such as today, there have been a lot of interesting posts about the proverbial end of the world coming next summer, after Obama wins the election, or whatever. Though I can't, off the top of my head, add any to the list you compiled, I do think that it's a good idea to sort of catalog these as the dates pass and nothing happens. It's always fun to look back and say "Remember when..."

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
would the imminent race wars coming due to Obama winning/not winning the election count? To be fair, those haven't had a chance to come true yet, but they are as gloomy as they come.

I guess we can check back Nov. 5th.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How about our buddy one of the two witnesses of prophecy....Ronald Weinland ?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow nice work Oz. Having a resource like this helps, but sadly will probably not prevent people for falling for the next one down the road.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I'm glad you posted these, Oz. These past few months (let alone years) I've been trying to recount all of the "Dooooomsday" scenarios posted on ATS. I think that's part of the fun, coming here, reading this stuff that posters, or proclaimed "experts" make up, and then thinking "What if?" It's a great escape from the daily grind.

Sure is

Now we have a thread to whinge about them all on.....rather than trying to engage in intelligent discussion (why try to do the impossible, lol) with those hell bent on believing every ATS prophecy

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How about anything involving Sorcha Faal?

Line 2.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Line 2.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Wow nice work Oz. Having a resource like this helps, but sadly will probably not prevent people for falling for the next one down the road.

Yeah you do have a point....but at least we can just add those ones to the list too

If this thread is still active in 2012, I think Im gonna have my work cut out adding all those ones

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldunquist

Line 2.

Who is Sorcha Faal?

Maybe you could enlighten the rest of us?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually forgot about this one

Apparently several world leaders hinted at a massive event in the next 72 hours....this was posted on the 23/10

Again this never came true. See link for more details

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Beijing Olympics

The only thing I would point out here is the whole Russia/Georgia debacle.

Does that classify as terroristic?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash

Beijing Olympics

The only thing I would point out here is the whole Russia/Georgia debacle.

Does that classify as terroristic?

Seems more like a war type thing in my opinion. And the fact that it wasnt near and had nothing to do with China damages its credibility too

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Line 2.

Who is Sorcha Faal?

Wow. You really don't know who Sorcha Faal is? Really? I just don't know what to say about that. Are you pulling my chain?

Sorcha Faal is a gatling gun of ridiculous predictions/claims here on ATS. Just do a search.

Here is a good starting point: Sorcha Faal BS

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Line 2.

Who is Sorcha Faal?

Wow. You really don't know who Sorcha Faal is? Really? I just don't know what to say about that. Are you pulling my chain?

Sorcha Faal is a gatling gun of ridiculous predictions/claims here on ATS. Just do a search.

Here is a good starting point: Sorcha Faal BS

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I humbly offer my thread to the mix of possible predictions that may not come true...and I offer it with the sincere hope that NONE of it comes true and I'll buy the first round if it doesn't.

Obviously I try not to take myself too seriously. Besides a few more eyes watching the news is helpful.

Disclaimer - some of it is guesswork entirely...some is RV and some is...well flaky fluffy images I sometimes get. Who knows maybe I am totally looney?

Edit to add that It may be helpful if I post the link to my lonesome thread. Just felt a need Blast away

[edit on 11/3/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I made a similar thread some time ago, check it out: Unfulfilled prophecies listing

Here you go a few gems:

1999: RHIC (another collider) has the power to create black holes that will end up destroying the Earth.

2000: Computers would go back to 1900 on their system's clock and the world's banking and finance would collapse.

July 8, 2008: According to user 2Faced on a certain website they said that if you lived in California on that date you would have died.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
sorry, mispost

[edit on 16-11-2008 by crashink]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I read some thread about some large meteorite hitting Earth on November 15.

You can prepare some space for that one in your list.

Actually I would like someone to make a list of prophecies that came true... That will be one short list.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great post my friend, true enough. I have a test if you will that I pose to all the so called psychics and profits here at ATS. I lost my wedding band the other day so if you can tell me where it is and I find it, I will renounce my non-faith in you all and become a true believer. Until its back on my finger my opinion of all these so called predictions will remain the same........TOTAL BS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join