It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to mount Successful Bio Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've been reading the postings here about Warnings of a pending Bio Attack shortly after the election....
That got me to thinking, what would it take to mount a successful Bio Attack on America soil?

Well it turns out not much and its been done before....

1984 Rajneeshee Salmonella attack
Main article: 1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack
In 1984, followers of the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh attempted to control a local election by incapacitating the local population. This was done by infecting salad bars in eleven restaurants, produce in grocery stores, doorknobs, and other public domains with Salmonella typhimurium bacteria in the city of The Dalles, Oregon. The attack infected 751 people with severe food poisoning. However, there were no fatalities. This incident was the first known bioterrorist attack in the United States in the 20th century

Read up on its yourself

Anyway since it seems to be so simple, Couple bad germs and a small spray bottle....I had to ask my question to the group at large ...

Should I be worried????

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
why not just ask the professionals ...

The Pentagon

They have been experimenting with bioterro ... um ... biowarfare distribution for ages down at Johnston Island. Planes fly around and drop stuff, it's called a 'laydown'.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

They make to big a deal out of it with there billion dollar weapons systems and remote piloted delivery... you look at the Rajneeshee Salmonella attack and they were nothing more than some backwoods nut cases and no federal funding... still they pulled off one of only two known successful Bio attacks...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
One word answer: Mosquitoes!

Seriously though, if anyone knew what it would take to make a SUCCESSFUL attack, then it probably would have already been carried out.

I would say that you would first have to attack the medical infrastructure so that there could be no recovery or prevention to a bio attack.

new topics

top topics

join