It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics that make me wonder

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The indentation in the dust looks like the perfect shape for a trowel, could they have planted something there as part of an experiment? makes sense they would plant it in a shadow, the temp in the open can get unreal I believe?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
The indentation in the dust looks like the perfect shape for a trowel, could they have planted something there as part of an experiment? makes sense they would plant it in a shadow, the temp in the open can get unreal I believe?

As can "temperatures" in the shade. (Quotation marks because, since there is no real atmosphere on the moon, the only things that have a temperature are solid objects)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have a theory- could it be a piton (sp) Like used for mountain climbing that has been stuck in the rock for some reason- and the other pics were taken before or after it was hammered in?

The piece the green stuff is hanging on looks metallic- They could be trying to widen a crack in the rock for samples.....
As for the green- it may have started out day glo green and a solid ribbon before the radiation, heat and airlessness started to erode the material, making it fray.....

Just my 1.5 cents. Do I get change, BTW?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I have seen this picture in a documentary before, but that green thing looks really strange in high resolution.

I also noticed a kind of rounded unnatural shape beneath the rock. What is that?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
am i seeing an upside-down "V", appearing to form a right-angle, on the right, on that rock?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

It is a "M", see pic posted by Phage

jra

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilali
I also noticed a kind of rounded unnatural shape beneath the rock. What is that?

Most likely an imprint made by one of there sample collecting devices.

From the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal

Boulder 2 was up on the slope and was about head high. We got a series of four or five samples, I think, and, as we'll hear described, we got a soil sample from a permanently shadowed place underneath an overhang.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Us people that use a newfangled contraption called a "camera" call those green streaks of light lens flare.

And based on the direction that the light source is coming versus the front plane of the camera's lens, yes it's set up perfectly for lens flare.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I 100% do not believe that you can grow vegetation on the Moon. In fact, I am so not in support of this idea that I could sooner be convinced of the following:

it looks like gumby. maybe it's a little a.i. machine that is powered by the alien civilization that lives on the other side of the Moon.

seriously.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation
Us people that use a newfangled contraption called a "camera" call those green streaks of light lens flare.

I have a degree in photography and was a professional photographer for 13 years. That is not lens flare. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely NOT lens flare.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here is a different view at this thing...

after 5 years at art school.... I finally get to put it to use!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
Here is a different view at this thing...

after 5 years at art school.... I finally get to put it to use!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by TrainDispatcher]

Wow! that was great!! I've never seen this pic like that before! How did you get it to remove the shade????!!

thx you !!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So why is riseandshine account blocked ??
Whats going on on this Board ..?
And NO i will not use my username for this post 'cause I dunna wanna be banned as well ...
Just wondering why ?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation

I have a degree in photography and was a professional photographer for 13 years. That is not lens flare. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely NOT lens flare.

Lens flare can take on all shapes, sizes, and colors.

Here is a photo of lens flare
www.cs.mtu.edu...
The blue streak is similar to the green streak in this moon photo.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalExplanation

I guarantee you it's not lens flare. The object is triangular with a filament at the top, it clearly curls in on itself like a three dimensional object, it lacks any of the specular light qualities of lens flare, nor is it positioned correctly relative to the light source to be lens flare. Ask any actual photographer.

Or I guess my 13 years of experience and University degree in photography don't mean anything because somewhere on the internet you found a completely dissimilar image which in no way looks anything like the one we are examining. --- ??

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well it is not plant life. Plant life starts as a stalk then branches. It does not usually branch then form a single stalk. It is green. If it were plant life that would indicate photosynthesis. This alleged plant does not appear to be seeking the sun, quite the opposite. Maybe it's looking for the carbon dioxide.. I am going to guess scanning error, or Cher dropped her earring. I knew she wasn't from this planet!!!

~Hyp

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Some gamma adjustment, and...:

i379.photobucket.com...

The "green" is due to a scan or film flaw likely. It is not even "on" the rock, it is clearly in front of it. Otherwise, nothing there to see. Just a rock if you ask me.

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
from original image just bring up the brightness and adjust contrast, a scratch on film does not account for the purple colour, if it was simply shadow it would be shades of grey as per the rest of the image,

forget the location of the rock, if this was an image shown to you from say a desert or arctic what would you guess the purple and green to be?

Lichen/moss ? or image faults,

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
OK people i am back

I AM riseandshine BUT

Myt account apparently got deleted right after posting this message ..Why i dont know ??

I d like to thank all the dissinfo agents for their mostly repeated nonsense about lens flare ...very good and indeed very valuable ..NOT ..noone wonedered why I cannot post ? and flood the thread with stupid images of the same .....

Lots of nonsense of camera flare and post retouched pics of the same

Do you not think i done all this already ..??? before i come and post ..
Some replies are nothig but an insult to my intelligence and dont even warren a decent repy

Lensflare ..??OMG people some of you are indeed payed for this or you dont have a brain to engage ..

PLEASE have a look at some MORE pics for this boulder ...
Same magazine of photos !! look at nasa site >>>

As you all are that good no need for me to point out which but the same green thingy can be seen in it ..

So much for foto processing error ...same error in different pics ...mmmhhh

So lets hope you can do this yourself and find it

If not I will post it later if i am allowed and not for NO REASON will be deleted from the site ? again ...

Account riseandshine is not working and furthermore its not Known at all to the system ?

I even tried to comment a few Anno posts to reply and ask why iam banned or not known to the system??

So now back to the lame posts you lot post ...

Its a flare .... Its a processing error ...JAJAJAJAJAJ sure thing it is ..!!!

Thats why I find the same thing in other pics ...very faint but i ask you look at the pics ITS FROM THE SAME photo roll

lets see who finds it 1st ..

Same processing error on another pic ??

Edit: to be not so negative ...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by allfornaught]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join