It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Day Prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Many Christians believe in the possibility of a second coming, but I would like to ask realistically what criteria would a modern day prophet or Christ have to meet before you believed in them? I mean lets face it if it does happen who is gonna believe such a claim in this day and age what are the chances of them getting sectioned in a mental institute! What would be the best way for them to anounce themselves? Just curious to know what people think.

Shine on.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He might alredy be in the loony bin...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I had an interesting time with members of the Church of the Latter Day Saints. Apparently their 13 million members believe that their head of the church is a living prophet. Which means that whatever he says is taken to be the word of god.

On the subject of second coming or apocalypse some believe it is happening right now. Though personally I don't have evidence for it or against it. An interesting thing to point out is that apocalypse in Greek means to reveal. Or to pull back a leather covering, thus revealing what is underneath. If you have interest I suggest you look into the research of Michael Tsarion.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by djpyro21]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow a good question. Lol.

Well for starters I think its a first impression type of thing. I Believe that they got to talk about the truth no matter what might hurt them Government or people. I also think that God's hand got to be with them. ( and yet I wouldn't see that) I think their acts and words got to be of truth over his wants. Put it this way say for instance a man was on the ATS claiming to be a prophet, I would believe in him because I believe that God has better work for this man that typing. Actual healing and helping the faith would be a thumb up.

But in fact the man has to have the spirit of God in him and it must show. For the spirit knows the spirit. And the one that doesn't have the spirit is not of God but a lier and faker.

God bless

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

what criteria would a modern day prophet or Christ have to meet before you believed in them?

I'm not a Christian but I'll answer the question:

He would have to be able to instantly make people feel good simply by looking at them, and he would have to claim to be the messiah. That's pretty much it. Basically he just needs to make the claim and be able to activate peoples heart chakras when he does it, so that they "feel the holy spirit."

Brownie points if he's also able to assume the form of the stereotypical 'white bearded male/ with long brown hair' image that most people associate with Jesus. Brownie points if he's also able to perform minor 'miracles' like conjuring bread and turning water into wine, and so forth.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Would you like to know more? Check out Xee-A-Twelve. There is a good read on the second comming as well as the anti christ and a wack more info.
Cheers
Kitos.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The second coming will not be Christ attempting to find believers or attract a following. It will be for judgment…

You’re not really interested in Christian beliefs though, are you? Why the curiosity? What do you really want to know? I’m just curious.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
just to follow up on the Latter-day Saint comment...

as one, I would simply say..........there is a living prophet on the earth today. Thomas S. Monson. www.thomassmonson.org...

He was ordained prophet, seer and revelator, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, earlier this year, when President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away.

The Second Coming is a whole 'nother topic, in my book.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Revelation 19:11-16 (New International Version)

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.

12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

When you see this as Christ's return, there will be no doubt in your mind about what and who you're seeing.

According to the Bible, any self proclaimed modern day prophet...unless they are 100% accurate in everything they say, they are to be considered a false prophet.

Marilyn~

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

hello there

his words and actions would have to be in harmony 100% with the Bible.

Someone mentioned revealing. At the return of Christ ALL truth will be revealed and the truth with condemn those that rejected Christ.

Its false prophets before hand that the world needs to be wary and vigilant about

As for anouncing themselves, well i dont hold the pre trib view. Jesus will return with a loud shout and everyone will see him, without exception!

david

new topics

top topics

join