It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binyamin Netanyahu, the right wing extremist ahead in Israeli elections polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Binyamin Netanyahu, the right wing extremist ahead in Israeli elections polls

www.jpost.com

The Rightist bloc led by the Likud will defeat the Left, led by Kadima and Labor, by eight Knesset seats in the national election on February 10, according to a Jerusalem Post/Smith Research poll.

The survey, taken on Wednesday of 501 respondents representing a statistical sample of the electorate, found that Likud, Shas, Israel Beiteinu, the National Union-National Religious Party and United Torah Judaism would combine for 64 seats, while Labor, Kadima, Meretz and the Arab parties would together win only 56.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This guy, Binyamin Netanyahu, is an extremist right-wing.. He's one of the most extremist of them all. And he will probably win the next Israeli election in February.

With this guy at the helm, there will be a strike on Iran, the stop of all negociations with Syria and the Palestinians and maybe even a new war against Hizbullah.

We can see his bio... Worked at the Israeli embassy in Washington, worked at the UN for Israel as ambassador... he's the guy who gave the speech about the world being in 1938 and comparing Iran to Nazi Germany and Ahmanejidad to Hitler.

This election may be even more important than the US election because it could lead the US into another war.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sweeeeet Benjamin also vowed to rebuild the 3rd Jewish temple.

Praise God.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I sure hope you're being sarcastic. If this guy gets in, then the chance that Israel would use it's arms against Iran would increase, and if that were to happen then the whole region could turn into a bloodbath.

The last thing the world needs is another guy who's finger is not only on the button, but who's itching to press it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good thread except for two tiny facts. Netanyahu is not right wing Extremist. He is a leader of major right wing party, that started talks with Palestinians. One.
Two. He never vowed to build third temple. Actually he is the one that gave to Palestinians control over ancient capital of Israel, Hebron.
I understand that facts are just minor details in smearing, but at least do not be so blunt.
In the same Kadima (hybrid from several parties that actually claims to be central party) there are more ex-members of the Likud then any other party. Leader of Kadima, Livni, is from Likud.
I think a good addition to this thread will be announcment that he eats Palestinian babies for breakfast and then the picture will be complete.
Edit - Ppelling.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Netanyahu knows more about combating terror than anyone on earth. The man is one of the world's foremost authorities on the subject. He's lived it his entire life. If a preemptive strike on Iran to get them in line is what it takes, so be it. If Iran is allowed to continue on its present path, the impending "bloodbath" will be far worse than if they are stopped now. This is a country who wants Israel wiped "off the map". Not to mention their funding and support of terrorists in Iraq and elsewhere. We must remember the greater good in this nuclear age, because plutonium and uranium are MISSING! Nobody knows where this stuff is! No longer are we under the umbrella of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) we enjoyed when the Soviet Union was intact. At least then we had an identifiable enemy. I for one do not want to live the rest of my life looking over my shoulder at every briefcase, backpack or "suspicious" package. An offensive outlook toward terror is the choice that works. You may not agree, but someone who WANTS to die for their twisted beliefs only understands one thing...and it doesn't involve diplomacy.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Well if you compare Israeli politicians between each others, he's not a right wing extremist. But if you compare Netanyahu with let's say Bush, he's a right wing extremist.

Yeah he started talk with palestinians. But he's still an extremist on foreign policy and against a palestinian state and against talks with Syria and Hamas, even if Hamas was elected by the palestinian people.

So yeah, what we don't need right now is a warmongering at the helm in Israel, especially when the crazy nutjob in Iran will be replaced by a moderate next summer.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What is your scale , may i ask? How Netanyahu is more right "winged" then ,say, Palestinian leader? or George Bush/Vladimir Putin/...Ghandi for that matter.
Netanyahu did not start talks with Palestinians, Likud as a party did, with different leader. This is what i tried to say. But again, Netanyahu did talk to Palestinian representatives. Again, he gave control of Hebron with small (but indeed right winged extremist) Jewish population and deep historical/religious values to Palestinian autonomy. No need to make him into scare crow. As for him at the helm and chances of strike in Iran - yes, probably chances are higher then if Livni will get the helm. But reasons are not right/left/center/extremist. Simply because Kadima was involved in Second Lebanon war and got bruised politically - thus early elections. If re-elected they will not repeat the same mistake unless the pressure from military/security circles will be too great. Thresh hold of Likud's chances to strike is lower since it was not in coalition during the war.
You have to understand that the motive for possible attack is fear(if justified)/paranoia(if not) of the majority of Israeli establishment for loss of "final" threat option. If Israel will now be attacked and its existence threatened then there is always option to say - you proceed we use nukes. Now with nukes at one of potential aggressors disposal will meen that it will not be effective at all. So the options are to find different ways to deal with this things (or even accept the fact that Israel could be destroyed) or to try and prevent loss of such an option. Aka attack on Iranian nuclear sites. This is how i see it, so in reality not politicians will make real calls but strategic planners in think tanks. If strike will be considered the only option - left wing Merets party if elected will still call the strike. Just more pressure will be needed to convince it.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I sure hope you're being sarcastic. If this guy gets in, then the chance that Israel would use it's arms against Iran would increase, and if that were to happen then the whole region could turn into a bloodbath.

The last thing the world needs is another guy who's finger is not only on the button, but who's itching to press it.

LOL, Gog Magog will happen no matter who is elected, humans can't override God's will.

Read Bible prophecy sometime, this war with Iran/Russia was predicted thousands of years ago.

The only thing you and I can do is choose to be on the right side.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

He never vowed to build third temple. Actually he is the one that gave to Palestinians control over ancient capital of Israel, Hebron.

LOL, I watched B.B. say it myself in an interview on the Christian channel over 5 years ago.

You're wrong.

new topics

top topics

join