It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe HAARP is responsible for the recent earthquakes I do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I do have an open mind about it. I just don't elevate the possible to the probable without good reason to do so.

Until there's evidence that HAARP is anything more than it claims to be, it is just that - the HAARP they say it is.

My mind is completely open - open to evidence.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Can you PROVE to us that what we are saying isn't true? Or are you just here to argue? Did you try to research any of the subject at all before attacking our posts?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

I do have an open mind about it. I just don't elevate the possible to the probable without good reason to do so.

Until there's evidence that HAARP is anything more than it claims to be, it is just that - the HAARP they say it is.

My mind is completely open - open to evidence.

if you mean "official" evidence, edited and approved by someone behind some desk, then i must disagree!

...but then that would start the age-old argument of conspiracy followers not believing in compartmentalized evidence... i mean it doesn't hurt to hear it, but i still can't entirely trust it... (there was a time that i did..)

i hope you understand where i'm coming from?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I mean 'evidence' as in 'any verifiable account, official or otherwise'.

Nothing can dissuade a conspiracy nut from giving up his favourite bone to chew on. Nothing. That is my problem with all of this - the complete lack of rational behaviour many people exhibit when dealing with alleged conspiracies.

I need evidence to believe something, not some random rumours on the internet or YouTube videos

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FTHEREDLIST
reply to post by OzWeatherman

no one said haarp was responsible for all technonic activity just specif instances, like the pakistan quake and the china quake.

So you mean, only large quakes like those ones and ones that got mentioned in the media are caused by HAARP?

Strange how the places where large earthquakes occur sit close to or on active fault lines isnt it....never mind, I guess you will just put that down to coincidence wont you

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

That's not how logic works - people making claims have to pony up the evidence. The people who ask for said evidence don't have to disprove the claims of the original person.

That's called 'being rational'. Try it sometime

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

no see they can deny it, or prove it wrong by making personal attacks as to the level of intelligence you posses, closed eyes do not observe, right? Deny Everything,lol what was that qoute from that one guy, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
and besides with the given history of our government lieing and hurting us do you really belive what the .gov sites say just because they are. gov's?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There's a gentleman by the name of Benjamin Fulford who has inside info on HAARP being used in Japan to create an earthquake. There is a lengthy interview at Project Camelot.com that would be worthwhile watching. Some folks say he's delusional I don't think so however. He also had or maybe still has a plea to destroy HARRP that is on You Tube. If you don't know who he is I would say watch the interview to get a feel of what he's about then watch the video on You Tube it's in regard to an earthquake that he was told would happen useing HARRP and the earthquake did indeed happen. I've never payed much attention to HARRP until I saw these videos.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

I mean 'evidence' as in 'any verifiable account, official or otherwise'.

Nothing can dissuade a conspiracy nut from giving up his favourite bone to chew on. Nothing. That is my problem with all of this - the complete lack of rational behaviour many people exhibit when dealing with alleged conspiracies.

...and nothing can dissuade a skeptic from realizing that there's a whole occult world out there that remains hidden behind the scenes, that one would have to "think outside of the box" of to have a handle on...

why do people have to feel they are right all the time?? ..because no one wants to be wrong, and no one wants to feel that almost everything they've ever heard their entire life was a lie... i just like to sit back, and watch the chips fall where they may. but i also like to know why those chips are falling - even if that includes being informed ahead of time of all the possibilities and angles...

awareness is insight!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

First of all, if this occult world has any influence on anything tangible in this existence, science can measure it and understand it. That is a given. Therefor it should be possible to get evidence to explain it, or at least allow people to investigate whether it actually happens, in a rational way.

And yes, something can dissuade a skeptic - evidence. That's my whole point. If these things are actually happening, and people know about it, then surely someone somewhere has evidence for it in the open. I'm just asking where that evidence is, as currently none has been offered, for this allegation at least.

reply to post by FTHEREDLIST

I'm just asking you to put your money where your mouth is and show me the evidence that convinced you of that which you believe. If some dodgy videos on YouTube banging on about Masons and UFOs is it, well, I weep for your sanity.

reply to post by FTHEREDLIST

No. I believe them if the information they offer is consistent with all other information. Again - it's called being rational.

reply to post by ablue07

The ex-Forbes writer, who claims that AIDS and SARS are bioweapons, even thought their causes and origins are well understood and are not bioweapons? The same guy who claims a 6-million-strong Chinese secret organisation is waging war with the Illuminati? He claims HAARP is using microwaves, when HAARP has no antennae possible of transmitting microwave radiation. He's a nut. A kook. He has no clue, and no evidence.

This whole topic is a joke.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I assume you haven't done your own research and can't see the potential capabilities that the H.A.A.R.P. has.

There's many credible source's of data and information provided by qualified scientists and experts in the field online.

Why should we go out our way and spoon feed you anything that you can do on your own.

Now I'm not saying they've used its full capabilities it just pretty compelling the area of science it's in and what can be achieved through the H.A.A.R.P.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
Can you PROVE to us that what we are saying isn't true? Or are you just here to argue? Did you try to research any of the subject at all before attacking our posts?

Can you prove that what you are saying is true.

Ah, I see the problem ......

Out of interest, which of the following were caused by HAARP, and how do you tell and what evidence can you offer in support of your assertion?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.onlinenews.com.pk...

dailymailnews.com...

www.allheadlinenews.com...

www.antara.co.id...

www.channelnewsasia.com...

www.ceskenoviny.cz...

www.gmanews.tv...

????????????

Unless you can offer empirical evidence for a difference between normal earthquakes and those supposedly caused by HAARP then you have no argument.

We're here to deny ignorance, not encourage it!

(That's just from a round up of this week's news reports - obviously there were many more quakes)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Benjamin Fulford does sound nuts. The only reason I give any credence to some of what he says is because of the prediction he made about the Nigata earthquake. It was'nt his prediction per say rather a Japanese official told him that their Govt. was threatend with the earthquake at Nigata if they did'nt comply with some govt. policy of the U.S. As for the rest of his claims I'm not sure as this was the only bit that connected for me. [The earthquake]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

My view is still on the fence with this one.
Im still watching to see what is happening politically when certain quakes occure.
My first thought of maybe was when Poland hadnt yet confirmed if they would allow the US to set up there defenses for a missile shield against an attack.They did have an earthquake and then it was confirmed.That has got me to the there could be something but futher watching of events is need for my coming over a side of the fence.Either way.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
From what I know about science, meteorology, the upper atmosphere, and how HAARP works, it could very easily be used to change weather patterns.

But it can't cause earthquakes. Earthquakes are caused by tectonic plates in the earth shifting and bumping into each other. Modifying the weather can't do that. It's two separate things.

So no.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by LogicalExplanation]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sometimes it is the haarp technology, sometimes it is natural. But what I do know it that when Nikola Tesla got screwed over with all his inventions by J.P. Morgan, Westinghouse etc, he went around to China, Russia, and Canada to give them his technology before he died, or was murdered. He had invented an earthquake machine. Actually, I believe Russia has it, but I'm sure a couple of other countries with the evil ones have the technology too. Google Nikola Tesla, and read up about it as much as you can, you will realize that we should have had free energy, including electric cars that pulled the energy from the ionosphere and could travel 90mph. So, yes, if you have ever noticed, when they are having trouble with a certain country, just watch. Just like Japan when Benjamin Fulford threatened the Rockefellers, they got a pretty big earthquake. He actually emailed me back and said that he can't do too much because "they" have very powerful weapons.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't. No proof of that. Lots of speculation but zero evidence. Why do you believe something for which there is no evidence? Is it because you want it to be true?

If I'm wrong and you have evidence, please post it. You would need to provide all the data to do with the specific earthquake and somehow tie it to HAARP and show why it was not a normal earthquake.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stardust1955
Sometimes it is the haarp technology, sometimes it is natural.

Please provide the proof of your statement of fact? How do you know any of them are caused by HAARP? Is there data available?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stardust1955
Just like Japan when Benjamin Fulford threatened the Rockefellers, they got a pretty big earthquake.

That region has been having earthquakes for millions of years, long before the Rockefellers or any humans for that matter were ever alive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join