It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Last Push To Deregulate: White House to Ease Many Rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

In a Last Push To Deregulate: White House to Ease Many Rules

www.washingtonpost.com

The White House is working to enact a wide array of federal regulations, many of which would weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment, before President Bush leaves office in January.

The new rules would be among the most controversial deregulatory steps of the Bush era and could be difficult for his successor to undo. Some would ease or lift constraints on private industry, including power plants, mines and farms.

Those and other regulations would help clear obstacles to some commercial ocean-fishing activities, ease controls on emissions of pollutants that contribute to global warming, relax drinking-water standards and lift a key restriction on mountaintop coal mining.

Once such rules take effect, they typically can be undone only through a laborious new regulatory proceeding, including lengthy periods of public comment, drafting and mandated reanalysis.

"They want these rules to continue to have an impact long after they leave office," said Matthew Madia, a regulatory expert at OMB Watch, a nonprofit group critical of what it calls the Bush administration's penchant for deregulating in areas where industry wants more freedom. He called the coming deluge "a last-minute assault on the public . . . happening on multiple fronts."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This makes me so mad I just want to spit!!!

If there was any illusion left that this white house had any regard for the average citizen or took their safety into consideration this should probably end that.

Consumer safety supposed to mean protection of consumers NOT protection of irresponsible companies from consumers.

Like everything this oh so corrupt administration has inverted the meaning of everything to its bass ackward.

It will take years if not decades to undo the damage 8 years of bush minor have done.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah, nothing this clown does surprises me anymore. Why anybody with two brain cells to rub together ever thought this bunch was anything worthy of support is beyond me.

And we can just bet that, given an Obama win and Democratic majorties in Congress and when everything has gone completely to hell in a year or so, all the whiners will be coming out of the woodwork to say it's all Obama's fault...

S & F

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well Bush may have made a mistake (no suprise) by enacting too much legislation during his tenure.

Im talking about executive powers. Bush enacted a whole raft of executive arrangements that his successor could hijack and use to reverse these laws!

Hopefully either successor should stop any further expansion of activities that are damaging to the environment.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

BUT OF COURSE!!!

Those types never accept responsiblity for their actions but are quick to blame the opposition.

Hell if they could find a way to blame the economic crisis on Bill Clinton they would. ANd god knows they've tried but no one believes it anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover This makes me so mad I just want to spit!!!

By way of nothing in particular I am reminded of a Tears for Fears lyric that goes "Wake up Your Majesty, there are thieves in the temple!"

This is the last dying gasp of a monstrous kleptocracy...and nobody is even getting kissed anymore...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah A little affection goes a long way towards easing the pain especially if I am going to get screwed anyway.

The bush administration is the type though to put sand in the vasaline.

top topics

join