It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama deadens 'change' expectations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Store Here – Times of London

Story Quoted Here

Obama lays plans to deaden expectations of change happening after the election. Obama’s people say that many of Obama’s disciples are unrealistic in their hope for change.

He didn’t mind playing on those expectations, and even working those expectations into a frenzy, in order to get elected.

Isn’t that what this politician is supposed to be about?
Hope, Change, Unity?

And now that he’s going to win - those expectations are flushed.

I’ll take this opportunity to say it … I told you so.

I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my MONEY; you can keep 'THE CHANGE'.

Oh wait - change and hope are no longer being offered.

edited immediately to fix sentence

[edit on 10/31/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's sad to say, but this really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

I mean how many do you think honestly believed that Obama would come in and immediately fix things and "change" everything?

That real sad part is; probably a lot.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

And now that he’s going to win - those expectations are flushed.

I hope your not serious ... He hasnt the slightest chance lol

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
[I hope your not serious ... He hasnt the slightest chance lol

Electoral Map
With only three days to go ... and a map looking like this ... he will absolutely win unless people wake the hell up and stop smoking the hopeium.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The problem with that is that you actually have to believe a lot of the state polls showing Obama wins.

I don't.

I think the support for Obama is overplayed, and I think the support for McCain is kept quite. I think McCain will absolutely win on Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Early admission to his inability to actually do anything. I love it. Change baby change....oh wait well we will try!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yep, oh and don't worry if it seems like they are doing the wrong thing either.

You have to stick by them no matter what. Remember how you feel about them now, not then.

This guy is a joke.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Like said above, he did not mind people believing it, when it suited him, lol. I thought he was supposed to be some sort of black saviour lol.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This should come as no surprise. Consider what Representative Paul Kanjorski had to say about their 'promises' in 2006:

The Democrats are selling this country a bill of goods.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think by changing his stance on certain things just raises doubt in the voters,I'm thinking a bunch or saying rah rah Obama but when they actually cast a vote with curtains closed they will vote for Mc Cain,perhaps all this hype for civil unrest is done purposely? sure has my mind spinning

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This coupled with Biden's declaration that Obama will be "tested" tells me that they are setting people up for a big disappointment...

I can't wait!

Early Voting Numbers in Florida, Kerry-esque or Worse For Obama So Far

[edit on 31-10-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
To be fair - I don't see the story saying that Obama is going back on on any of his campaign promises, just that they will take time to achieve.

You have to admit, there are a lot of unrealistic Obama supporters out there and even on this board who think that when Obama is elected, things are going to just magically get better almost immediately. Obama is saying that's not going to happen. The economy is still going to suck, troops are still going to be in Iraq (remember he went back on his word to withdraw troops from Iraq way back in the election) and things are going to be relatively unchanged for a long time to come.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I also dont see how anyone thinks Obama can change anything. There is absolutely NOTHING to show he is capable of change. Its all just words written by someone else, since he is basically a gimic and puppet for the left.

The people already in place who support him (Pelosi, etc) havent even changed anything. They are a failure and probably wont be going anywhere.

Obama has never really changed anything in the state he was suppose to take care of, has he? In fact, Chicago is now being called the murder capital of America.

I believe the past progress of a person is an idication of the future progress of a person. And for Obama that is ZILCH when it comes to being a leader.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I also dont see how anyone thinks Obama can change anything. There is absolutely NOTHING to show he is capable of change. Its all just words written by someone else, since he is basically a gimic and puppet for the left.

The people already in place who support him (Pelosi, etc) havent even changed anything. They are a failure and probably wont be going anywhere.

Obama has never really changed anything in the state he was suppose to take care of, has he? In fact, Chicago is now being called the murder capital of America.

I believe the past progress of a person is an idication of the future progress of a person. And for Obama that is ZILCH when it comes to being a leader.

Well, let's remember that Obama isn't going to be able to implement ANY of his policies if America elects him but also puts in a Republican majority in Congress, which sadly I believe is our only hope at this point to keep this country from slipping into the economic cesspool that it will become with an Obama/Democratic Congress.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Surely this thread is about how long the chris matthews erection can last. If its 0 or 4 or 8 years lol. If he does win, it will be interesting to see foxnews for a change.

Where msnbc bad when clinton was president, as i do not know as i am from london. I wonder if he wins, what olbermann will say about any crimes that the pres is bound to do, lol, like they usually do.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He already lied about bringing the troops home. Well, he didn't really lie, he said that he would bring the troops home from Iraq. Then a few weeks later he said that he would send them to Afhganistan. So I guess I should say he has already started to lower his expectations.

Atleast with McCain we know what we are going to get. Obama is a closed book. The only things we really know about him are his ties to anti america organizations. His church has been shown to be racist and he has shown that if you make him look bad then he will drag you through the mud, Joe the plumber is a good example of that. Whether he had a hand in that or not it is kind of scary how his personal life was made public for asking a good question that made Obama look like an idiot.

I'm wondering what kind of dirt the media will find on this Iraq vet who made that poplular open letter video to Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Somebody should tell the supporters he lowered his expectations. This lady thinks Obama is going to pay her mortgage and buy her gas

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm wondering what kind of dirt the media will find on this Iraq vet who made that poplular open letter video to Obama.

Oh you can bet they have been digging and digging.

Joe the Plumber probably got a more in depth background check then Obama did. I bet we all know MORE about Joe the plumber and his life then we do about Obama.

Ridiculous.

Check on Joe

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
not that ob ama isn't go ing to win, it certainly is a possiblity now, and also not that he no longer would have capability to do any good now, but due to these statements (which many of us foresaw coming) i believe personally that there are many people reading this thread, maybe not leaving a nice note like me, but thinking in there head...

"i told you all so"

then the smirk fades as they realize... this man has a good chance of STILL becoming president

hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Obama hasn't won and isn't going to win in my prediction. This man is nothing but a good speaker with a TelePrompTer. One thing I can say about McCain with confidence is that he loves this country and will not quit fighting. It's amazing with his age that he's still fired up and campaigning his butt off. No it's not over until all votes are counted and the winner announced. Obama isn't change and never was. The best part about this election will be McCain winning and Obama spending all that money for nothing.

Go! McCain/Palin!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join