It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Just found this amazing news on the NASA website that I want to share with all of you.

An artist's concept of Earth's magnetic field connecting to the sun's--a.k.a. a "flux transfer event"--with a spacecraft on hand to measure particles and fields

I think the sun is the biggest enigma and until we do not fully understand what it is and what it all does we will be getting these press releases about scientific breakthroughs about the sun.
Topics that we cover here on ATS on a daily bases, nice to see it confirmed.

SOURCE

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

In a presentation at the 2008 Plasma Workshop, Robert Fear of the University of Leicester, UK, presented some alternatives for the magnetic topology of FTEs. Possibilities include ropes (left column), cylinders (middle column), or bubbles (right column)

BR
PPL

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Excellent Find. And they say Astrology was absolutley meaningless compared to real science.

This just proves that we are influenced by the stars everyday.

To prove my point, The moon cuases tides by connected gravity. I wonder what the sun does to us that we don't know about...

-ADHD

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ADHDsux4me

one more drop in the bucket of the mystery. Next goal..world wide space survivability. Go. This makes me think of the people who could envision the future. Perhaps they are more prone to ionicly connect to these ropes.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by mastermind77]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
I wonder what the sun does to us that we don't know about...

-ADHD

Duh, global warming

new topics

top topics

join