It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote the BIBLE? (VIDEO DOCUMENTARY(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Who Wrote the Bible? Is the Bible the Word of God? Why is the Bible full of Contradictions? This documentary explores questions at the heart of the great Christian faith in a fair open-minded fashion. It is NOT meant to be inflamatory but informative. The truth one will see is the Bible is NOT what it is thought to be. So what is the Bible? Find out!

Watch the documentary:
dark-truth.blogspot.com...

This amazing documentary should be checked out by everyone, not only christian or religious people, but everyone interested in history and facts about the origins and purpose of the bible.

Any comments on its message and revelations is more than welcomed

Eternal peace and love be with you.
-IX-777

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Downloading the vid right now. I sure wish something or someone would come up with rock solid evidence that would wake up the religions of the world. Just yesterday I was in the local library when a nice looking lady asked me to recommend a book. I pointed to one, incidentally a David Icke book, "The Truth Shall Set You Free," and she asked me if it was a Christian book! I told her, no, not really, but, reading it will open you eyes to what is going on....no thanks, she said, I only read Christian books. I really didn't know what to think.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For anyone with good connection and fast internet I also found a full-screen mode version at www.BibleWriters.tk... that loads instantly.

On my computer it runs a little slow though but I watched the smaller version in the previous url fine without any problems.

Peace profound.
IX-777

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
AutoWrench: Lol yes thats so typical for those christian extremists - it is towards the borderline of hilarious, if not crossing that border well and plenty..

Next time just say yes, it is christian
David Icke has a lot of real spirituality in many of his lectures. I just recently watched Rebellion of the Robot which is great and has a lot of deep truths in it.

Jordan Maxwell also got a lot of good stuff, check out his video Inner World of the Occult: video.google.com...

And of course Zeitgeist reveals some things in regards of religions and christianity: dark-truth.blogspot.com...

On religion, christianity, its perversions, lies, deceit and occult influences, as well as mind contrl and brainwashin, I always ask the christians to check these documents and videos too:

The Documents:
The Battle for your Mind

Almanac of Evil

A Bloodline Insider speaks out

Watch these Video Documentaries
Zeitgeist the Movie

The Secret Bible - The Rivals of Jesus

Esoteric Agenda

Riddles in Stone - Secret mysteries of Americas Beginnings

Forbidden Book - History of the Bible

Who wrote the Bible

That should be something for both christians, religious people as well as the common person and anyone interested in history, conspiracies, the spiritual and so on!

With love,
IX-777

[edit on 31-10-2008 by IX-777]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am not sure what you are getting at here with this conspiracy. The message of the Bible has remained incredibly intact dating back to the early church in the days of Ignatius and Polycarp, both of whom were students of John the Apostle. Irenaeus, who was a student of Polycarp, included the accepted texts of the New Testament in his work Adversus haereses, dating back to 180AD. That is 150 years after the death of Christ and within two generations of direct teaching from Christ himself (Christ to John, John to Polycarp, Polycarp to Irenaeus).

Irenaeus cites from most of the New Testament canon, as well as the noncanonical works 1 Clement and The Shepherd of Hermas; however, he makes no references to Philemon, 2 Peter, 3 John or Jude - four of the shortest epistles.

From your link:

However, by God's sovereing hand, He called a few brave men to preserve and restore the Bible to the people. John Wycliffe, the brilliant 14th century Oxford scholar, translated the Bible from Latin into English in order to enlighten the masses oppressed through ignorance. His work was so despised by the established church, that Pope Martin V ordered Wycliffe's bones to be dug up and burned. Martin Luther was one of the few who challenged church authority in the 16th century and lived to tell the tale. In exposing the folly of indulgences (paying money to the church in order to obtain favor with God), he revealed what had always been written in scripture, that justification was through faith.

This does not mean that the Bible itself was changed, but rather that the Roman Catholic Church was preaching “salvation through works”, which is unbiblical. They were hiding this fact from the common man by keeping the Bible in Latin with very few available copies. It was even considered a crime to own a private version of the Bible for this reason. Men like Wycliff and Luther sought to place the Bible in the hands of the common man, and in common language, so man could see for himself the abuses of the Roman version of Christianity. None of this is really a conspiracy to any educated Christian person of the protestant faith. I learned this stuff in grade school.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Old Testament - much of it came from Summaria. The Annanuki stories were passed down and changed as time went on. Gilgamesh anyone??

The ten commandments came from EGYPT. Moses was schooled in Egypt and his ten commandments are almost word for word the same as The Egyptian Book of the Dead.

The New Testament ... that was put together over a few hundred years and many people had a hand in which books were put into the bible and which were not.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Like the poster above me mentions, the "Bible" is a mixmash of different religious beliefs and stories from around other places and times, converted , changed and altered some here and there, and put together in a big book of hogwash.

That is my main argument, the second is that the people who created the Bible were intentionally altering and changing things to fit their beliefs, NOT the word of any God, but mere personal ideas, beliefs and ideologies to fit their own personal agendas.

And today, the Church and Vatican, Christianity and Catholicism are all lead at top levels by people who know the deeper spiritual truths but want to keep that to themselves and rather let the sheeple have at it with the Book of Lies (and some truths here and there).

Christians who base their belief on the Bible base their belief on a bunch of other religions, as most of it goes further back to other places and times, as mentioned before God was originally plural as well and describing several Creator deities, not one, among many many things.

They also base their beliefs on other peoples various assumptions, ideologies, agendas and so on, and fall under the people who control this establishment from the top.

This goes for most other mainstream large religions as well, and all the smaller cults and such.

Entertaining reading the bible is, with some good things in it here and there that everyone know and understand already, such as the moral and ethical teachings. Don't need a bible to understand something that fundamental - it is part of society in any case. The same principles exist all over the world in all cultures where a bible have never even been heard of, even atheists follow these principles.

The spiritual side is lacking completely, I can't see how you will progress or evolve by studying the bible and only relying on it as The Truth and Real Word of God - as a matter of fact, I will go as far and say that will lead to personal and spiritual devolution.

-XI-777

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IX-777
Like the poster above me mentions, the "Bible" is a mixmash of different religious beliefs and stories from around other places and times, converted , changed and altered some here and there, and put together in a big book of hogwash.

There may be similarities in the old testament to stories from other religions, but that cuts both ways. It can either mean that the Hebrews stole those stories from other cultures, or that they were real events that different cultures attributed each to their own version of God. None of this relates to the New Testament, which is based on the story of Christ, and letters from early Church Fathers. Christians focus on the New Testament, and treat most of the Old Testament as good reading that provides background information leading up to the New Testament. The Old Testament is not the Basis of Christianity, it is the basis of Judaism. The New Testament is the basis for Christianity...

That is my main argument.

Which is already invalid, as it does not apply to the New Testament.

the second is that the people who created the Bible were intentionally altering and changing things to fit their beliefs, NOT the word of any God, but mere personal ideas, beliefs and ideologies to fit their own personal agendas.

No one “created” the Bible. The Bible consists of the Old Testament, which is from the original translation of the Jews Bible into Greek, known as the Septuagint:

The early Christian Church used the Septuagint, the oldest Greek version of the Hebrew Bible, as its religious text until at least the mid-fourth century. Until that time Greek was a major language of Roman Empire and the language of the Church. Also, the Church Fathers tended to accept Philo's account of the Septuagint's miraculous and inspired origin[citation needed], and Christ and the Apostles in the New Testament quoted extensively from the text.

Later the Vulgate translation was used as it was more true to the meaning of the original texts. This was not anyone trying to alter the words of the Bible, but simply trying to clarify the translation:

When Jerome undertook the revision of the Old Latin translations of the Septuagint in about 400 AD, he checked the Septuagint against the Hebrew text that was then available. He came to believe that the Hebrew text better testified to Christ than the Septuagint. He broke with church tradition and translated most of the Old Testament of his Vulgate from Hebrew rather than Greek. His choice was severely criticized by Augustine, his contemporary, and others who regarded Jerome as a forger. But with the passage of time, acceptance of Jerome's version gradually increased until it displaced the Old Latin translations of the Septuagint.

The New Testament comprises books about the story of the life of Christ, and letters between early church fathers. While there may have been some picking and choosing between which books were included among these, they were still pretty clearly chosen by the time of Irenaeus as he included them in Against Heresies. If there is anyone that I would trust to make a decision about the intended meaning of the message of the New Testament, it would certainly be men like Polycarp and Irenaeus. They were not that far removed from the original events, and were taught by the actual apostles of Christ. That is a lot more then I can say about modern day Christian Haters, and Bible Debunker's. There were many other Christians in those days who had similarly either heard Christ in person, or been taught by his original disciples.

And today, the Church and Vatican, Christianity and Catholicism are all lead at top levels by people who know the deeper spiritual truths but want to keep that to themselves and rather let the sheeple have at it with the Book of Lies (and some truths here and there).

I cannot speak for groups like the RCC, as I do not consider them to be a true Christian Church, but rather a continuance of the Roman Empire (and one of the Beasts of Revelations). However, most mainstream protestant religions teach pretty much lock-step from the New Testament. There are of course radical groups in any Religion, which is why I say it is the “mainstream” ones that teach correctly. By Mainstream I mean the original Protestant Reformers, such as the Lutherans, Presbyterians, and Methodists. Being a member of one of the two original Lutheran synods (not the cult group that calls itself the ELC) I can tell you that nothing has changed in the Belief of my religion since the days of Luther, and the writings of Luther still stand exactly as they were originally written. This stands in stark contrast to groups such as Rome, where a law degree is required to figure out the quagmire of rules that they have added, amended, then had to write loopholes around to to allow for previous bad decisions which still have to fall under Papal Infallibility. The point here is that the true Christian religions that follow the Bible, have nothing to hide from their parishioners.

Christians who base their belief on the Bible base their belief on a bunch of other religions, as most of it goes further back to other places and times, as mentioned before God was originally plural as well and describing several Creator deities, not one, among many many things.

Again, wrong. Besides what I already explained above, many of the other items that folks consider to come from earlier religions, are not in fact Biblical to begin with. Rather they are Roman Catholic Traditions, as Rome was well known for canonizing pagan things. None of these things are accepted by most protestant religions, and are all part of the reason for the Protestant Reformation to begin with.

The same principles exist all over the world in all cultures where a bible have never even been heard of, even atheists follow these principles.

Yes, because god wrote the ten commandments in the hearts of all men innately, which is why you find parallels on certain moral issues between religions.

The spiritual side is lacking completely, I can't see how you will progress or evolve by studying the bible and only relying on it as The Truth and Real Word of God - as a matter of fact, I will go as far and say that will lead to personal and spiritual devolution.

Right...

I can see how the world is getting better every day since people started falling away from religion. Kids are doing much better in school, and have much better self discipline today then ever before, which is why 90% of them have to be on medication to make them behave. Yep, the further we run from the original message of God, the better things here seem to get...

top topics

join