It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Case of the disappearing threads

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Questions.

1/ Did you receive an automated U2U saying that your thread had been moved ?

2/Did it tell you who had moved it and that you should contact that staff member for more info ?

3/Did you contact that staff member ?

4/If not why not ?

5/ If you have done and you were not satisfied then have you used the complaint function ?

6/If not why not ?

I really have no sympathy for this kind of whining.There is a system in place use it! All staff work very hard keeping this very busy board running smoothly.We can make mistakes but the system is there to sort mistakes out.




posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I can tell its frustrating when things like this happen, but we all have to remember where are apart of a large community, which has thousands of members. U2U each member when i thread gets move would result in hours of work then the admins wouldn't have time to do any upgrades etc. Just keep your heads up and move along, these other important issuses to discuss then this..



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
One complaint normally gets ignored, while many get action. You should know that, without me having to point it out. It's just that this system tends to misplace alot of threads. That's beside the point, though. My major bitch was threads being closed without explanation. And now, it seems, edited after closing.


Originally posted by infinite
I can tell its frustrating when things like this happen, but we all have to remember where are apart of a large community, which has thousands of members. U2U each member when i thread gets move would result in hours of work then the admins wouldn't have time to do any upgrades etc. Just keep your heads up and move along, these other important issuses to discuss then this..

I agree. This is why most forums leave a redirect link to the thread when they're moved. It saves the hassles of misunderstanding and confusion. It also saves mods from receiving a bunch of messages asking where they went.

[Edited on 3-29-2004 by Satyr]



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
One complaint normally gets ignored, while many get action. You should know that, without me having to point it out. It's just that this system tends to misplace alot of threads. That's beside the point, though. My major bitch was threads being closed without explanation. And now, it seems, edited after closing.


Satyr, i see where your coming from and most members agree, but it just comes down to the size of ATS. The Admin team don't have enough time, sorry but its true..


can't believe im defending the mods & admins lol



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think you said it all when you said "My major bitch" because that sums up this thread perfectly.

All complaints get looked at.

They are anonymous so if you want specific action taken give your name or at least a link.You'd be surprised how often we get complaints that we don't know what it's about.

But they are never ignored!



[Edited on 29-3-2004 by John bull 1]



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
John bull 1, don't say thanx for backing you guys up lol


anyways, i've been here for about a year now and something has always been done when i make complaints


Keep up the good work



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
See, I assumed (maybe wrongly) that Seeker had closed that thread because he just got tired of debating it, for whatever reason. He got mad because I assumed. The entire thing could've been easily avoided by one closing comment.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What's going on lately? All these complaining threads about censorship? It's beginning to get a bit tiresome.
If you are new, have you read all the stickies and such geared toward proper board etiquette? I know when I first joined, I had mods correct me a few times. Just part of the learning process here. Life goes on!
Why can't you take your complaint to the moderator who yanked the thread?
If I were you, I'd follow John Bull's advice.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
so can we close this thread now?



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To be honest, nothing else needs to be said now so this thread might aswell be closed cause this is turning into a bitchy thread now



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
See, I assumed (maybe wrongly) that Seeker had closed that thread because he just got tired of debating it, for whatever reason. He got mad because I assumed. The entire thing could've been easily avoided by one closing comment.



Why don't you ask him via U2U?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join