It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23% of Texans believe Obama is a Muslim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vuoto

WE have had a huge influx of Yankees. Might explain the dumbing down of Texas in general. You should see all the Brownstone looking neighborhoods that are getting built. Makes ya'll feel at home I'm sure. I have been here 25 years, never has it been so full of of people that have no common decency. Look at the statistics. Texas is still in a housing boom while the rest of the nation suffers horribly. Why is that? Too many Yankees comin here to smartin' us up I suppose. Yet someone can say oh they jest stupid in Texas. You sound like one of the ones that moved here. And by the way, Yankees are everyone that's not Texan. You say that kind of stuff in person to a Texan. He won't argue, he'll just punch you and let you figger it out. Nice how the internet makes A-holes of people.

PG

[edit on 3-11-2008 by pizzaguy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzaguy
reply to post by vuoto

WE have had a huge influx of Yankees. Might explain the dumbing down of Texas in general. You should see all the Brownstone looking neighborhoods that are getting built. Makes ya'll feel at home I'm sure. I have been here 25 years, never has it been so full of of people that have no common decency.

I'd have to seriously disgaree. I moved to TX from Ohio in 80, lived there till 83 and left because the people there were harsh mean folk. I went back to rural ohio because the folks there were sweet and helpful.

I won't say All of Texas is that way, just where I lived... League City. Once, a lady in my APT building had acid thrown in her face... it was really scary living in Texas, because all anyone wanted to do was fight.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I would love to see that statistic sourced.

www.911truth.org...

This one shows it as lower, but still pretty high.

www.rasmussenreports.com... n_advance

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

18-24.

I am not a democrat, but I was in that age bracket when the compelling evidence was laid out showing 9-11 was an inside job.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I don't think you can attribute the increase in religious intolerance to the "anti-religious crowd" in our country. I think it is more the result of the influence of Christian fundamentalists in our society. Remember, the Puritans came to America because they wanted religous freedom. That didn't mean they wanted others to have that freedom.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah and keep in mind that the type of "religous freedom" the puritans wanted to practice was the ability to stick hot pokers through the toungues of people they suspected of witchcraft (so much for true religous freedom).

The puritans were basically kicked out for being extremists.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join