It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any "good" girls out there anymore?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

You know I really have to agree with CreeWolf there. You should stop crying about it and get out there and be the guy the girls at your school want and then in time they will see what a funky guy you really are inside.
Getting their attention is what matters, and if the girls are like they are over here in aus then they are all after in a guy like what you are after in a girl. The only problem is that most of the idiots out there are the ones talking to them and giving them the attention that they are looking for. You just need to be the one doing that.... not them.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by funky monk]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would rather spend my life alone than have to completely change myself for anyone.
At least not to the extent you guys are talking.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by goldbomb444]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I know a few good girls. I'm dating one now, so I guess I'm extremely lucky. She has had to struggle at times herself, just like I've had to struggle at times. But we both managed to not let the hard times make us bitter. Which is another plus.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Your tattoo. Is it a tiny little teddy bear on your butt-cheek?

or

Is it a large Swastika on your throat?

If you have the first one, you are still a

If you have the second one, I'm sorry sir! Don't shank me!

By the way. I divorced my "good" girl. Turns out. I was a bad boy looking for a "better" girl. Now, I'm a decent man with a decent girl. I'm happy at that.

---Just for the sake of context.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

This man speaks the truth. Bottom line is that you just have to man up and put it all out there. Everyone gets shot down on occasion but you'll never succeed without taking a risk.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by CreeWolf

This man speaks the truth. Bottom line is that you just have to man up and put it all out there. Everyone gets shot down on occasion but you'll never succeed without taking a risk.

Now I know people are not reading the thread. The last question I posed was how to start a conversation with a total stranger...I said nothing about being shot down.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Celibacy may offer a good way of finding a female mind of interest.

Removes the "slut" from the equasion.

And don't forget....celibacy doesn't have to be permanent but will keep the dogs at bay (pun intended).

I do wonder if there are any "good" women out there though. Has social evolution and the modern woman created a void when it comes to finding a "lady"?

Good luck OP, don't worry, you have years ahead and from the sounds of it, you're well ahead of the pack when it comes to "substance" and "worth".

Have fun.

ps....have you thought of searching elsewhere other than college...there's a whole world out there. Maybe you are ready for an older woman.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
To the OP....

You're in college. You should be worried about whether you'll maintain a good GPA, not whether you'll be able to hook up with mary, the smartest, hottest chick in astronomy lab class. :shk:

Just do your work and have lots of crazy fun!

-Dev

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OP, if it makes you feel any better, I've seen the same thing all throughout highschool and college. I might only be 19 meself, but I have found that most the girls I consider slutty actually think they are the ones to 'catch.'

Hell I had a friend last year who hooked up with the same girl a dozen times, each of them when they were both drunk, and then she complained to me about why he didnt want to date her. I wanted so bad to say "Maybe because why would he want to date you when he can **** you for free?!":w::w:

I think most girls, and most guys too for that matter, are comsumed with immediate pleasure and forget about the pleasure of real joy. Best of luck to you my friend, I'm right behind you!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Celibacy may offer a good way of finding a female mind of interest.

Removes the "slut" from the equasion.

Nothing but lies!

Funny story.. at my expense

Although my family is entirely atheist, they did the whole baptism thing when I was born, out of tradition. My aunt had given my parents one of those "chastity rings" to give to me when I got older.

My parents, being the hilarious jokesters that they are, neglected to inform me of the implications surrounding this generous gift (you see where this is going). When it finally fit me sometime in junior high, my thoughts on it were something along the lines of; "Awesome! Gold ring with my initials engraved!" How wrong I was...

Sadly, it wasn't until my senior year that I found out it's true and nefarious purpose. Girls commented on noticing it, but it never clicked in my mind what they were talking about...

By the end of this unfortunate experience did I end up with a "good girl" after apparently advertising my goodness for all to see? Hell no. If anything it was taken as a challenge by easy women far and wide

PS: Don't do that to your kids

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

You obviously missed the operative word in my post...

"MAY"

And I'm sorry if my experience has wasted your time and that I have an opinion.

And "funny story"......how so?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
there are definitely good girls out there! you just have to know where to look and have the right timing. don't give up.

i'm kind of in the same situation as you, i don't think there is a decent guy for me anywhere. i think i find someone perfect and then i realize i was an idiot and they were horrible. but we are both young, so there is still hope. at least you aren't a parent and a full time student and work all day too! that makes it even harder.. but i won't give up.. not yet at least, so you can't either.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think i know what you mean by a good girl, and i would say they do exists but the thing is they usually come in a shy more intraverted form. So if you like shy girls, theres alot of "good" girls out there. But if you like abit more extraverted, then i think they take alot longer or just never learn. But just because a girl does stuff with a couple of guys, shes not a slut.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Those girls who put out and get themselves in lousy situations are suffering from low and battered self esteems and are trying to find love where they can't find it.
And because of their low and battered self esteems, they feel worthless and tend to go with guys who they think they deserve.

You don't see the emotionally healthy on the prowl, because they don't need to be.

And are A) not looking for someone or B) in a decent relationship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join