It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any "good" girls out there anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

You need to go to new places. Do new things. So you see new people. This is my advice

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Are you a full-time student?

Any work or just schoolin?

At the moment I am just a full time college student. In high school I worked two jobs, only got 3-4 hours of free time (which was mostly used for sleep), and burnt myself out pretty bad, so I have decided not to wok for my first year in college.

I find it odd that I am more attracted to older women (30's usually) as opposed to girls my own age. I am sure it has something to do with their maturity. Did I simply mature too fast for my own good? Surely older women look at 18 year olds as punks and wouldn't want much to do with them?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Talk about arrogance, no offense.
If I had a time for everytime a "fellow" 18 year old said "am I too mature for my age?"

I think you're reading into situations a bit too much. Now you say this about this group of kids, but you have to remember, 2000 kids out of how many in the state, how many in the nation, how many in the world? I think your standards themselves are a bit askew.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Some will think that and some won't.

I had a girl turn me down because I was 25 and she was 27 and didn't think there was any way I could be mature enough heh.. Granted it was an online dating site

If you are attracted to the intelligence and the maturity then there will be young and older women that meet that. You are young and mature right? Women are not different. Both can mature early.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Shugo,
I asked a question, I did not state that I was too mature for my age.

I already said that there are virtually no girls at my school...seriously less than 100 out of those 2000. I never said I was only talking about girls at school. I see the same type of girls at malls, resteraunts, walking down the street, ect.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by goldbomb444]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well just as both Men and Women Mature at different stages....

There are Older Men attracted to Younger Girls, and Youger guys attracted to Older Women, and Older Women attracted to Younger Guys and Younger Girls attracted to Older Men...

It happens.

However... I think that you are simply looking in the wrong places for these girls...

If you consider this situation as an equation.

You + Situation = "More Open" Girls (I use more open instead of Slutty as I despise that term)

YOU and the SITUATION are the common denominators.... Which of these can you Change? The Situation....Right...? So I agree with Lucid when he said earlier you need to meet new people and such

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

But you did ask the question wondering if you were too mature. It was right there in your post up above mine. Now, I don't know about where you live, but they're working at the mall, at food places, etc. Those are entry jobs, while there are exceptions, if there was a high end-of-school-to-job rate in your area, that 100 becomes moot.

So lets see, you've stereotyped the female gender really. I don't care how you slice it. But your question "Are there any good girls out there anymore?", what is that? Maybe not where you are no, but remember you're only one small piece of the puzzle, and whats more, you may not even be looking in the right places. You're in some really bloody water as far as sexist statements though buddy.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

You see the same girls. Maybe that's the problem.

You either goto new places and do new things or you wait for school to finish and you move

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

So lets see, you've stereotyped the female gender really. I don't care how you slice it. But your question "Are there any good girls out there anymore?", what is that? Maybe not where you are no, but remember you're only one small piece of the puzzle, and whats more, you may not even be looking in the right places. You're in some really bloody water as far as sexist statements though buddy.

Yes, I did ask if there are any good girls out there anymore, and I got answers. Notice how I havn't been insisting that there are no good girls out there anymore. Now people that seem to actually be interested in helping me find answers to my questions are doing just that.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

You see the same girls. Maybe that's the problem.

You either goto new places and do new things or you wait for school to finish and you move

Yeah, maybe I just need to go somewhere other than my usual hang-outs. I think I will try a library near me that I have never been to (I find going to a library for the sole purpose of meeting girls is a bit weird so maybe I will just go and study and if I meet someone than great). There is also a coffee shop near me I have been meaning to check out.

Move to a new place, lol...I moved from Wisconsin to Arizona for school...that was a huge move

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I just suggested a move because it sounded like you were saying you had exhausted your options already.

A coffee shop is a great idea. I say go there regularly to do homework

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Keep looking I'll tell you it doesn't get any easier when you get old,I'm an old batchelor,when you get my age meet people with years of issues and a fair share of gold digger types,don't worry things have a tendency to work out,plus a lot more young and single then old,old guys like me have to go on a cougar hunt

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Of course there are "good girls" out there sweetie....just like there are still "good guys"....the question is, if you met that "good girl" would you be attracted to her? Would you even notice her? It seems to me like you are attracted, at least physically, to the "bad girls," the ones that laugh and flirt and love attention. If not, you would look past those girls wandering into different guys' rooms to the one holding her books close to her chest, with her head down, walking back to her dorm. Sometimes the "good" person is right under your nose..... maybe she doesn't look like a model or is shy, but trust me she is out there.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Don't listen to the ladies here bud, they'll send you wandering out into the desert without a map. Even the girl that goes home with two or three guys each weekend will tell you that "intelligent, respect-seeking" women exist, likely that she is a prime example.

First lesson in understanding college women: College women lie.

Don't try and kid yourself or make exceptions ("but this one is different!") because it won't get you anywhere and there are none.

The sooner you accept your situation the better off you will be.

Of course there are intelligent women around campus but most of their intelligence is usually funneled into playing games with you, games you'll need to master. It takes some doing but over time you learn to see through them.

And I'm not bitter, to the contrary really. Everyone gets burned a few times but you pick your self up and call it a learning experience. It's the people who don't, who dwell on why that smoken hot girl "doesn't want a relationship right now", get caught up questioning themselves and become bitter.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by veranda

Of course there are "good girls" out there sweetie....just like there are still "good guys"....the question is, if you met that "good girl" would you be attracted to her? Would you even notice her? It seems to me like you are attracted, at least physically, to the "bad girls," the ones that laugh and flirt and love attention. If not, you would look past those girls wandering into different guys' rooms to the one holding her books close to her chest, with her head down, walking back to her dorm. Sometimes the "good" person is right under your nose..... maybe she doesn't look like a model or is shy, but trust me she is out there.

Yes, I would be attracted to the shy girl walking with her head down, but how do you approach someone that is too shy to look you in the eyes?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

By giving her reason to feel comfortable around you

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444

Originally posted by veranda

Yes, I would be attracted to the shy girl walking with her head down, but how do you approach someone that is too shy to look you in the eyes?

Instead of singling out the lowest common denominator why not shoot for a little self improvement?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
^^I'm not sure what you mean^^

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444
^^I'm not sure what you mean^^

The lonesome girl walking with her head down and a serious self-confidence deficiency?

You'll just end up wrecking her even more since that's obviously not what you want to associate yourself with. Shoot high, after some success you'll have established yourself in your own mind and confidence will follow.

The biggest thing you need to realize is that the first girl, or rather, first ten or so, won't be girlfriend material unless you're exceptionally lucky. Not every girl has potential as a keeper, thinking they do will lead you to a world of hurt.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure you read the rest of the thread. I am looking for the girls that are intelligent. Perhaps a girl that is that shy is that way because she gets made fun of for being smart? I know how that feels...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join