It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Anthrax hoaxes from Calif. man still in mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

FBI: Anthrax hoaxes from Calif. man still in mail

www.breitbart.com

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A California man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of sending hoax letters labeled "anthrax" to scores of media outlets, the FBI said Wednesday, warning that many of the threats may still be in the mail.

Marc M. Keyser, 66, sent more than 120 envelopes containing a compact disc that had a packet of sugar labeled "Anthrax Sample" along with a biohazard symbol, the FBI said in a news release. The CD was titled "Anthrax: Shock & Awe Terror."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Have we not been able to rise above stupid stunts like this. It saddens me to read that there are people still this stupid and ignorant in life. I can only hope that this man is prosocuted to the fullest extent of the law. He needs to made an example of in the hopes that it would make people who think about doing stupid things like this, not do it. I am not sure if he should be considered a terrorist as some would obviously argue for, but this is an issue that needs to be dealt with. This isn't the first time this has happen, but it needs to be the last.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I agree...To the fullest extent of the law. But I'd also like to add that we also must not allow ourselves to abandon the full Due Process of the Law in the course of this...Otherwise the law authorities themselves are likely to become more "terrorist" than the terrorists they seek to punish.

We must never lose sight of what the Law is really supposed to stand for...At any time.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

join