It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop calling them UFO's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The term "otherplanetary crafts" would be a more appropriate description.

I think we have enough evidence gathered from abductees and we have enough witnesses of these crafts to know what they are.

They shouldn't be called UFO's anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Depends how you mean really. If you mean images and videos that pop up daily, they really are UFOs until they are identified.

If you mean when talking in general, in some ways I agree and in others I dont. Ive run the thought through my head after sifting through hours of various credible (at least to me) statements by credible professionals (sad that even joe public doesnt have credibility in this cynical world) if you put a gun to my head id go with that long before I ever went to the other direction.

As it stands, since I have no real need to make that jump I simply sit with UFO as it serves the purpose well enough right now.

I believe theres a lie in the world, a huge unpleasant one, but I just cant say im settled on the exact details of it, hopefully someday that truth will come out.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ETVs (Extra-terrestrial vehicals).

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
OPCs it is! And say sentient instead of intelligent life, too, please?

Hmm, but a UFO might be a human craft so what if it is and not an OPC? UFO then is the summary term, like "intelligent", until a more narrow classification is applied?

The smart people should make like a dictionary or revise one so that there are better general use terms for reference, maybe? Please smart people help me?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Isn't this nit-picking a bit?

Surely we have more important things to discuss? This reminds of the thread from a couple of weeks ago that proclaimed that the word 'Alien' was racist.

As far as I'm concerned, every light or object we see in the sky isn't necessarily 'alien' nor is it necessarily terrestrial, therefore 'UFO' is still an accurate/relevant term until we know for sure what the origin of each said object is.

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Isn't this nit-picking a bit?

Surely we have more important things to discuss? This reminds of the thread from a couple of weeks ago that proclaimed that the word 'Alien' was racist.

As far as I'm concerned, every light or object we see in the sky isn't necessarily 'alien' nor is it necessarily terrestrial, therefore 'UFO' is still an accurate/relevant term until we know for sure what the origin of each said object is.

IRM

Yeah exactly... let people call it what they want, UFO is fine, it's unidentified, it's an object.. and it flies.

Why not?

I mean you could just call them saucers but to me that sounds weird.. it makes me think of tea plates when people say that .. haha.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
When the term "UFO" is used to describe an alien craft, it is used as a disinformation tactic, even though it is plainly obvious as to what it is. When a person looks up to the sky and sees a craft a mile long or wide, it's pretty obvious that it IS an alien craft. People are not stupid.

But there is another fact. SOME UFO's are alien craft, but most are not. Personally I couldn't care less about the ones that are not alien craft.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
As far as I was aware, the term UFO was for anything that was Unidentified and Flying.

That said, I don't think that there are many ET UFOs out there, just secret government tech, but I keep an open mind, as I've seen some things that can't be explained.

UFOs are simply that, UFOs. Not all of them are ET, in fact I would hazard a guess to say that a majority of them are Terrestrial in origin.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think it is better to call them UGS. "Unidentified Government Secrets".

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I agree with you, but it also may be that some are secret aircraft that originate on Earth. I think they are both, so unless we can identify where they come from, maybe we should stick to "UFOs" for now.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
will the out of this world beings get upset if we arn't politically correct?

join