It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering Text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have a couple of questions regarding the input of text when posting.

1) When I try to edit one of my posts by adding a photo or link the original post text is deleted and replaced with the thing I�m trying to add. Then I need to copy that addition go back to the original post, go back into editing and paste it.

2) I like to use MS Word to write my comments or posts, and then paste it in the forum. Any way the board can recognize the format of the text and keep it when I paste it?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Bueller��� Bueller��� Bueller����������� Bueller���

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i've experienced the same thing too...so now i just write the little code thingys in with my additions of links and pics

and i think S.O mentioned something about not using MS word to create stuff and copy here..cuz of some hidden code thing..

i don't know for sure though

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks worldwatcher, I never heard if the MS Word issue. Can someone confirm this?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do not. I repeat: Do not use the images to enter hyperlinks, you have toi manually enter the bb code. I spent about 5 hours on something and when I went to enter images it disappeared. This happened alot wit IE, since I switched to Mozilla, I just hit reload, and its all back again. Hope this answers your question.

In response to worldwatcher, you can use Word to arrange your piece, but you have to cut and paste it to Notepad to get rid of any Word Codes, then cut and paste to your post.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just write it in notepad, its far easier all round.

I have found also that you can't go from Word to the net directly, There are all sorts of formatting rubbish around word that is hidden, if you save it as .txt first then open it in notepad it will work by stripping out the code.

I have never had any trouble of my edited posts being deleted. So I assume its something to do with Word.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey thanks Netchicken, TrickmastertricK. The thing I like about MS Word is the spell check, Notepad doesn�t have one. Looks like I will write in word paste to notepad then paste to the thread. Man O Man�..

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Note: I found and have been using a program called QuickSpell, It integrates with every application on your computer even web-pages. It checks your spelling as you type, a useful program if spelling is important to you. It also works with the ATS board.

If anyone knows of other programs like this one please let me know.

top topics

join