It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Repeating: but has it happened yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Let me say that I would like to be no where other than here. Anywhere but on this topic, I meant.

But, I'm having a problem, that I am ill equipped to respond appropriately to. As I were never equipped to begin with. The days drag to weekends the weekends to months to years.

Things have happened that I struggle with the cognition to report. *that weren't affected by psychology or technology* And when I get to where I can report... let's just say they thought of that.

More recently I became aware of the things that might not have happened yet-and because of some that recently have, and these *maybe not happened yet* are that which cause me the most pressing concern. What risk in a recovered memory?

Here is some of what is really 'pickin' at me:
The worst was Rinalto. I didn't read his stuff. I just needed the name and brief synopsis. And the guy who (couldn't read much on it) was talking about kids in cages (canada, eh?). I don't remember his name, only recently finding this site and access to those informations.
And Dulce...

The next was, not Tidor-though I read every one of his listed responses on Tidor.com-it was his machine discription. Some of his stuff doesn't ring true, but the gist does. So...I have to wonder if he is he or They on a detrimental misinformation campaign. (specifically Florida not being manitoba; and leaving out a *particular* in the ABCCBA configuation-that would cause for multiple massive world line creations if tested over and over to find the *glitch*, assuming anyone ever made it home)

Then the Grand Canyon had a flood. And memory blaring, I had to think, was it...1978?

"Charlie White" came out with his 'line' of portraitry.

Mexico discovered it's crystal cave.

People are talking about Underground bases.

Lacerta

Krill (oh god *rolls eyes*)

Rumors of remote controlled 911...

And I'm just trying to report bombs in bridges and dams and buildings (televisions and airplanes-things in; chips) that by ...(no wording) aren't humanly possible. That, it's dawning, may not have happened yet.
And I don't even (...) know because I was just a pup.

And here it is Halloween. Where massacre on the haunted hayride or at the haunted house... *might be* I dream I had when I was 8. Or it might have been something that really happened while on vacation to tacoma from some bum (...) campsite in the south west, while on the run before the real crazy started.

*trying*

I'd like to state, I myself have never harmed anyone.

So, that didn't really include a question, and was ripe with vaugeness. Tomorrow, I am going to go to work, and return to the hamster wheel of paying my bills and getting along and remembering too much that someone 'ought' to know, and not knowing what to do with it.

Because being raised by time travelling monster serial killers more astute and genius than most of the people I've ever had cause to cross paths with--just doesn't seem to fit anywhere I can grasp to know how to convey it...to anyone but.

Ideas?

Please don't ban me for my post.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
OK, so you seem seriously confused. I only just barely was able to understand your post. It sounded a little psychotic.

It sounds like you are having a break with reality. Are you OK? Was this post a joke? 'Cause you got me.

The best thing you can probably do is get away from conspiracy for a week or so and just get your head together. Exercise. Take a shower. Call a loved one. Meet someone for coffee. Write stuff down.

Ask people around you, "Did this happen?" or "Did that happen?" and be specific about what you are not sure about. And don't worry if they think you're crazy, we're all crazy. But some of us have a slightly better grip on reality than others.

Hope you are able to get it together soon. It sounds scary being you.

-- [edit] Were you really raised by time traveling monster genius serial killers? [/edit]

[edit on 30-10-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
after millions n billions of years there is very little that hasnt been done our thought of, so relax your reality is what you make it and you seem to be makin it a very confusin one, take time to ENJOY the present this is the only real reality "the NOW" so enjoy it you dont get it back...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I couldn't follow what you were trying to say very well. I agree with outtahere, it sounds like you need to take a short break from all this. It happens to me too, where all this information just hits you at once and your reality is a little shaken. Take some time to pull it together.
All the best.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I didn't understand pretty much all of what you wrote.
Could you describe or break it down into, like, a few less words??
They don't even have to be coherent sentences.
Just - some - words - or - something - like - so..
I'm not being funny.
Your feelings and thoughts and things of that nature, to better my understanding.

I'd also like to mention that, yes, creedence clearwater revival has an uncanny ethereal knack for calming me down.
Yoga usually does it for me too.

Meanwhile, go soak up some sun.

Vacant

[edit on 31/10/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacantould you describe or break it down into, like, a few less words??
They don't even have to be coherent sentences.
Just - some - words - or - something - like - so..
I'm not being funny.
Your feelings and thoughts and things of that nature, to better my understanding.

Sun would be nice. I'm calm. Please be more specific as to what you are asking. I just don't speak to topics nearer to the truth.

Could you:
"Just-some-words-or-something-like-so; feelings and thoughts and things of that nature." *reread* that's EXACTLY what I did.

Would you like the whole run down back simply?

"Because being raised by time travelling monster serial killers more astute and genius than most of the people I've ever had cause to cross paths with--just doesn't seem to fit anywhere I can grasp to know how to convey it...

Ideas?"

Now read your responses.

Take a vacation.
Get some sun.
Listen to Creedance.

'Outta Here', I didn't appreciate your digital ego response to my story here in the Grey room, and as such, I am ignoring you temporarily. Maybe next time, you will exibit reserve and just move on opposed to empowering yourself with insulting behavior "silted" by nicety. The mirror is right over there.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am on vacation. When I am on vacation. I can not but help to have full time to view the problem. Whether I like it or not.

When I am at work, I am not addressing the problem. It sits in cue, nagging, unadressed.

It's not my problem. It's your problem. If I didn't give a stone about your problem, I would not have brought it up.

It's a quality of life issue, really.

Somebody here said, something to the effect of, go tell someone you love. That is good advice--if there were any. Tell them that don't exist what?
Do you think I would have any?
Well I can tell you--I don't.
I am surrounded by idiots.

I had some who died. Not that I could tell them, for lack of verbage and ongoing circumstance.

Someone else said, something to the effect of, ask, ask, ask if it happened. I don't need to. And which of the thousands, (there have been thousands), but for instance, I have say witnessed 1000, homicides, globally, galactically, and before and after the present time. Which is more important than the other?
And where to begin?
I have lived in perhaps 300 communities. Does that broaden the view?

Again, I am surrounded by idiots-socially and applicibly--who could hear it? I mean, our whole social system is built upon idiocy. Tell your mommy-tell your friend-get some air.

How about, 'let's talk."?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, History Repeating: but has it happened yet? which was originally posted in the The Gray Area forum, to the ATS Skunk Works forum.

My participation with this post has ended.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
OMG.

I just had to say that sounding offensive was the _furtherest_ thing from my mind when i wrote my post.

Soz if it came off that way.

Unreal.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
History repeats itself.

The truth about the world is stranger than fiction...

although I must ask you...

are you okay?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I guess everyone needs someone to talk to sometime, when ones head is filled with overcrowdin thoughts conversation becomes a good way to rationalize... a loss of family/friend can easily become a breakin point in ones sanity, negative reactions to your post though shouldnt be surprisin without the proper introduction.. at first thought to your words i related it to a poem i once heard which put me into thought, that thought made me look at myself and my life which in turn put me in comfort at where im at, that actually made me respond lovin to my family that night so your post has become clear as day.. Now the negative part was your response which seemed angry after readin responses and the way you decided to end participation... sorry friend you lost me again

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nor-Cal

Look dude,
it's not a 'break in reality'; it's too much to get to a paragraph and bad grammar; incorporated with trying not to name names while still convey.
And an attempt at. I could, say, not make an attempt at.
That would be fine by me.

Period.
Besides~it was posted in THE GRAY AREA.

Why a mod would think to plaster someone's gray area story into the debate forum, is beyond me, and neither am I recieving word back on the matter; and neither was Skunk Works the purpose of the post.

It does possibly keep me from posting individual segments of the subject matter in Skunk Works for philosophical tin hat debates.

I think it should be deleted or moved back to it's intended placement-as if you all want a *cognition* rumble, that's fairly underhanded-don't you think?

It did not make sense to you. Fine. I am unable to edit. Lay off. If your *lost* do you really want others to know? Which part specifically loses you? Contribute.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

I know how hard it can be to put down in words thoughts and feelings that truly, deeply move not only the mind, but the soul, too. The words just don’t come that easily. They evade, avoid and hide.

But they are there, believe me.

It is possible to read the sheer frustration you are feeling in your first post, and more so in the subsequent posts in reply to those who cannot follow, or recognize, a piece that is, at its very genuine heart, a stream of consciousness.

Your mind on the page.

Concepts you are uncomfortable with made flesh.

Not an easy exercise. Even more so when replies you expected do no more than criticize your intent, and fail to see beyond the words. That, in it’s self, is not a condemnation of anyone who has so far responded, by the way.

I pulled these comments from your thread:

More recently I became aware of the things that might not have happened yet-and because of some that recently have, and these *maybe not happened yet* are that which cause me the most pressing concern. What risk in a recovered memory?

The next was, not Tidor-though I read every one of his listed responses on Tidor.com-it was his machine discription. Some of his stuff doesn't ring true, but the gist does. So...I have to wonder if he is he or They on a detrimental misinformation campaign. (specifically Florida not being manitoba; and leaving out a *particular* in the ABCCBA configuation-that would cause for multiple massive world line creations if tested over and over to find the *glitch*, assuming anyone ever made it home)

And I'm just trying to report bombs in bridges and dams and buildings (televisions and airplanes-things in; chips) that by ...(no wording) aren't humanly possible. That, it's dawning, may not have happened yet.

You’re talking about the sensation that you’re experiencing possible precognitive, or psychic episodes. And the risk you took in relating these “recovered” memories is to bare to all of us the psychological effects this, as yet unverified faculty imparts. Psychological as in emotional, not disturbed, by the way.

I have no way of telling, and have no qualified right to question, what is going on in your head. I do not believe that you are in any way attempting a hoax here with the core suggestions in your original post. But it is obvious that whatever is transpiring, it is having a non too beneficial result.

Some words of inexpert but honestly meant encouragement and, hopefully, help: Maybe the simple act of writing these thoughts down could be constructive; purging them from your system as it were.

Don’t worry about not finding the correct terminology; that’s not what is important here. If they’re constantly contending with your everyday considerations, then they may need this physical outlet.
Deem them having being written to be the end product.
Once they’re out, they are not your concern anymore.
There’s nothing you can do about John Titor’s time machine, but you have recorded your reflections on potential flaws in the story. 9/11 may well turn out to be an inside job, and if you have a theory on it, make that theory into a hardcopy (pen and paper).

If it makes you feel better, and just in case you are encountering intuitive flashes, place these thoughts in sealed envelopes, mark (in code maybe) on the outside what they’re about, and post them back to yourself. When received, don’t open them. The dated postmark will, if they come true, go someway to verifying your insight.

Because being raised by time travelling monster serial killers more astute and genius than most of the people I've ever had cause to cross paths with--just doesn't seem to fit anywhere I can grasp to know how to convey it...to anyone but.

HugmyRek, you’re on your own with that one. Sorry. You have a good sense of humour, that I know, so I am supposing this is an aside that may well be a little too far-out for most readers.

Then again, (and this is looking at the world without my skeptic’s hat on) if you are the ward of such… bizarre guardians, then you have my sympathy.

I have to also say, in closing, that if you are constantly surrounded by conspiracy and obscure and outlandish theories, as we all are here on ATS, then it can affect your cognitive processes. And that is irrespective of intellect or education.

And that is also from experience.

I took a self-enforced break from these boards for a good three to four months. It cleared my mind beautifully, helped me focus on what is really important in my immediate life, and gave me a fresh perspective when I returned.

Whatever the cause of your current malaise, the same course of action might not be a bad idea. It isn't running away. It's regrouping.

If you take that advice, then I’ll look forward to your return.

new topics

top topics

join