It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Warning From Washington Regarding An Attack After the Next Pres. Takes Office..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genesis01
www.youtube.com...

Please listen to the first two opening statements and tell me if it sounds familiar?

..Nuff Said..

This should be its own thread!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I remain skeptical. I remember the Powell deal, and the entire thing was taken out of context and it was shown to be so. But that doesn't stop people from making the same claims about it over and over.

I have seen what he said taken out of context in numerous of these theories, and I think it's just ridiculous. What was a simple way of saying there will always be some kind of crisis going on in the white house has been totally misrepresented time and time again in these theories.

Just as in this thread, with people claiming Powell named dates. No he didn't. He was replying to Brokaw who actually named the dates, as they are the dates when Obama first goes into office. In which case, it means both of them would have had to be in on the dates.

Watching people run with this bit of disinformation the way they do around here is just saddening. Weak arguments for the weak minded I guess. Are you really so out of it that you actually think they would give such warnings over national TV including the dates? Seriously?

When disinformation like this which defies any real logic puts this many of you in fear, then you have lost and don't even know it yet.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This sucks. If they know somethings coming, why doesnt our beefed up security stop it? Our intelligence agencies aren't confident in their abilities? Or are they showing their competence by forecasting terrorist attacks?

Are they just warning us so it wont be a surprise to the public and they can say they saw it coming? perhaps a lesson learned from 9/11?

From his tone, didnt the Biden comments sound like the sharing of insider information?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Primo_80]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Primo_80

The Biden comments did peak my ears alot more than the Powell comments. I don't think he was really talking about an attack, but rather somekind of plan of action they want to take and want people to support it. I'd hint towards either the economy or gun control from the sound of it.

If they had inside knowledge of an attack, they wouldn't give vague warnings as this thread suggests. It doesn't warn anyone. If the MSM was picking up on it, and mentioning these things - then it would get my attention as a warning. Because who outside of people who visit sites like this took those as a warning? They would have to point it out to the people for it to have some kind of underlying tone.

This whole thing is a hoax IMO. Don't get worked up about it. I don't know the future, anything is possible. But the line of thinking that is behind these "warnings" is flawed. Just a bunch of fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join