It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians stage mass anti-US rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Thousands of people have marched through Damascus in protest at an alleged US raid on a village that Syria says killed eight people.

Many at the government-backed demonstration carried banners, shouted anti-US slogans and waved pictures of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Riot police surrounded the US embassy in Damascus, which American officials closed blaming security fears.

The Syrian government has demanded that Washington apologise for the incident.

The US state department and the White House have refused to confirm the alleged attack.

bbc news

Officials are warning US citizens to avoid the area.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A going away present from Bush. Way to go buddy...Make another country raging mad at us.

At this rate...we will NEVER get out of the middle east. What are we going to do take down every country and rebuild it? It's impossible to even think IT IS possible.

We've been bashing on the beehive for way too long....eventually we are going to get stung....and it's going to hurt.

We need to get out of Iraq..but we just can't pack up and leave. It would be devastating to them, us, and the rest of the middle east.

Our country's freaking dependence on foreign oil...which we still have done NOTHING to stop...is going to destroy us.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Cool .. If a nuke fight started id just have a beer and sit back with a smoke

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I apologise for not writing more along with the article when I posted it. I am feeling quite depressed.
It's beyond friggin crazy. Marbles are rolling all over the place. ~sigh~

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

I apologise for not writing more along with the article when I posted it. I am feeling quite depressed. It's beyond friggin crazy. Marbles are rolling all over the place. ~sigh~

I know how you feel. It's all doom and gloom right now. Trying to find anything or anyone to support is almost impossible. Our economy is falling apart, we are attacking people in other countries without their permission, THE BAILOUT BILL, corrupted government, and i just hear today that they may propose another 600 billion dollar bailout? WHY?!?! It never ends man...it never ends.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
syrians should be pissed, the worlds biggest and best financed terrorists came across their boarders and killed people

and then the presidents press secretary wouldn't even comment on it

man i hate what my country does more and more on a daily basis

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's also interesting that the US action in Syria wasn't a cruise missile strike, but rather an special forces insertion. I doubt such a move was taken lightly...even if it's "only" five miles inside Syria, it's still the choice to violate a nation's sovereignty. The fact they sent people in, rather than a missile, means they must've really wanted to grab someone or something. Makes you wonder what was important enough to risk the potential blowback...Abu Ghadiyah, i guess.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

We just went into another country to kill someone or someones without their permission and the administration doesn't comment on it?

What the hell is going on??
They are just giving others reasons to attack us. I hope people wake up before it's too late.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i agree with you, this administrations entire goal was to make the muslim world as mad as could be towards american sentiment and ideals. and they are doing one hell of a job at it.

dosent syria have some type of agreement with Iran, something along the lines of you attack syria and its an attack on iran

the only thing the bush administration knows how to do is make people hate america

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Does anyone feel like we are being set up for something big to happen? There is so much turmoil...and it's everywhere i look. Hate by class, religion, race...our country is being ripped apart at it's very core....and then they do this kind of crap?

Seriously..what hope is there? I'm losing all of mine.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I can understand the Syrian people's reaction. With Iran as an ally, I wonder why they don't do something about this now? I believe an Iranian official said today that Syria and Iran would not respond to this attack using diplomacy. That says a lot, I think. The U.S. and the rest of the world is going to hell in a handbasket, to use a cliche. I feel helpless to do anything about this, but I will always cling to hope until I take my last breath on this earth. Maybe I miss the big picture, but wasn't gasoline costing about 1.30 or so a gallon before we interfered in the Middle East under the Bush administration? Wouldn't it be much cheaper and much more civilized to have spent the money instead of embarking on such a seemingly disasterous foreign policy venture?

new topics

top topics

join